Author Topic: Green Clack Sale  (Read 131418 times)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
Re: Green Clack Sale
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 15:20:20 »
Sooooo, if we can put in for more than one, do sets count as 1 or 3?

Edit: Going by previous 4grabs, one set counts as 3. That's good to share the clack love  :cool:
A set will count as one, being it is listed as one. You will only get one per person, so a set constitutes that. You can list what you want, in order of relevance, and hope that your top one is available, but if not, he will go down your list until one you have listed is available. That is, if you get in in the first place.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #101 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 15:21:19 »
Hey man those keycaps are like so dopey man. /chong

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #102 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 15:23:56 »
On the plus side, 1 per user
I think he crossed that out

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #103 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 15:26:24 »
stop making me jealous some of us here have to sit on a flight during this sale
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #104 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 15:28:10 »
I just turned green with 4:20 envy lol
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Green Clack Sale
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 15:32:27 »

You gotta find a way bunny!!!

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #106 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 15:33:48 »

I believe the email will be revealed before the sale, so can't you just set up an email draft that will auto send at a specific time?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #107 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 15:34:50 »

Offline Glissant

« Reply #108 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 15:36:30 »
I hope I can finally get one from a 4grabs. *fingers crossed so hard*

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #109 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 17:05:58 »
1. Win more sets
2. Fill board with blanks
3. ?
4. Profit

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 17:13:29 »
I hope I can finally get one from a 4grabs. *fingers crossed so hard*

Wonder if I can score my first Clack off this...*crosses fingers as well*

Offline Capitalistix

• Cherry MX Green Disciple
    • Uncanny Electronics
« Reply #111 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 17:20:20 »
In my experience with dibs items that are super limited, i.e. only one of them, you are not allowed to dibs on. They go to whoever is lucky/fast enough to snag them when the sale opens. CC will PM you with rules when the sale draws near and ask you what item(s) you want and to list some backup options in case that one is taken by another dibster who replied before you. Don't try to weasel extra stuff or make it complicated, the man's already handling the sale and the privilege of receiving a dibs should be enough to keep you happy. Think of it like being in the front of the line for the Soup Nazi, just order your soup and be happy you got it  :p

Im not trying to weasel anything at all! I have just never been involved in one of these sales because they seem so confusing to me. And I feel that it is easy to be disqualified just because I did something wrong or listed in the wrong format etc.

You say he will PM us as the sale draws near? I highly doubt hes going to PM everyone on GH, because how will he know whos interested in the sale? Ive never even talked to the man and yet I'm supposed to expect a PM from him? He probably doesnt even know of my existence.  Also, I thought we were supposed to send an email to him with our want listed at the time of the sale, not a PM before the sale...

This is why  the dibs thing doesnt make sense to me. "Dibs" is something that gives you the right to have something over other entrants. Simply being first in the line because of speed, is simply winning, every man for himself style. Thus, this "dibs" seems like it just means to exclude others who have won in the past but if me, and others like me who have never won anything in the past enter, it will go to the one of us who is first, correct?

If the above is true, then what does CF mean when he says something about preference to people with "O" or "A" in your dibs ticket...?

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
Green Clack Sale
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 17:39:28 »
stop worry about dibs, if you don't understand it or don't know what it is, it just means you're not part of it

it was handed out in the past to members that did not manage to get anything in the older sales
Keyboardless

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #113 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 17:55:02 »
I think the extreme generosity is confusing people.
Looking for CC's!

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #114 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 19:10:35 »
so basically...people who missed out last time are going to get dibs on all the clacks? how will the newbs (myself) get any?

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #115 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 19:14:55 »
so basically...people who missed out last time are going to get dibs on all the clacks? how will the newbs (myself) get any?
Try to purchase it like EVERYONE else without dibs?

Also it wasn't just people missed out on the sale, there were also technical issues from some of the older sales also.
Keyboardless

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
« Reply #116 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 19:17:34 »
Try to purchase it like EVERYONE else without dibs?

Also it wasn't just people missed out on the sale, there were also technical issues from some of the older sales also.

i am not trying to say i think it's unfair that i can't get dibs or whatever. i'm just a bit confused.
And with the small amount of clacks actually being sold here (like 20?) how many 'dibs' are going to be handed out? i was just asking i guess how some many people have dibs, how many will actually be left for everyone else

:/

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #117 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 19:26:27 »
How do you know there's only 20 available?

The only ones with a set amount that anyone knows besides CC is the Mr Friday (1 for each MX/T/BS) while the other ones I am sure there's more then 1, the sets I am not sure usually there aren't many of those either.

I don't think anyone besides CC once again knows how many dibs were handed out for this specific sale, but if CC is making available to the public instead of a dibs only sale that can only mean there should be enough for people without dibs. Normally there is quite a few so no need to panic or anything.

Like I said there's nothing to be confused about, if you're not part of the dibs then just disregard it and attempt to buy them like everyone else, I am sure there are more people without dibs then dibs
Keyboardless

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #118 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 19:27:58 »
ermahgerd calm down dubs
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 April 2013, 19:29:34 by JesuswasaZombie »

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #119 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 19:30:01 »

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Green Clack Sale
« Reply #120 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 19:30:42 »
I'm happy AND ANGRY

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #121 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 19:31:09 »
I'm happy AND ANGRY

*rubs your shoulders*

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #122 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 19:31:58 »
You don't just get dibs for missing out. I've missed out on every Clack sale since March of '12 and believe you me, I've participated in each and every one of the open sales that were on GH and EK since then. I think it's like the last 12 sales I have left empty handed. Trust the man that there will be enough for regular folks to at least get a chance at them. That or you could just wait a few weeks after the sale when the parasites try to leech big money in the classifieds.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Green Clack Sale
« Reply #123 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 19:33:44 »
I'm happy AND ANGRY

*rubs your shoulders*

Meow ;).

Yes, this girlshark purrs like a cat

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #124 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 20:00:35 »
Guys, guys. Settle down. I was actually told the secret to getting dibs. And I will share it here with you now. But you must promise to relax.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #125 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 20:01:59 »
Guys, guys. Settle down. I was actually told the secret to getting dibs. And I will share it here with you now. But you must promise to relax.

Do I have to give offerings to St. Halverson? Because I already gave him chum and caps today...

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #126 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 20:06:18 »
you guys are so cute when you're fighting over clacks :D

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #127 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 20:09:44 »
The truth is so simple, you probably wouldn't see it if it bit you in your left glute. We must mass exodus to the motherland.

In Russia, dibs ticket gets you!

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #128 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 20:15:52 »
How do you know there's only 20 available?

The only ones with a set amount that anyone knows besides CC is the Mr Friday (1 for each MX/T/BS) while the other ones I am sure there's more then 1, the sets I am not sure usually there aren't many of those either.

I don't think anyone besides CC once again knows how many dibs were handed out for this specific sale, but if CC is making available to the public instead of a dibs only sale that can only mean there should be enough for people without dibs. Normally there is quite a few so no need to panic or anything.

Like I said there's nothing to be confused about, if you're not part of the dibs then just disregard it and attempt to buy them like everyone else, I am sure there are more people without dibs then dibs

ok ok, i think there is some confusion about me getting upset. i am not at all upset..i was just asking a question. i get it now, how it goes. I did assume that there were only 20 made..just based on the pictures i guess

ermahgerd calm down dubs

why is everyone around here getting upset? i was just a bit confused about the 'dibs'....guess it's cleared up now..

:-\

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
« Reply #129 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 20:21:04 »
What exactly is a dibs ticket? Is it a certain code CC gives you???
Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰_Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰ ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็_ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #130 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 20:21:56 »
Don't start it all over again.. jeez. Read the thread - it's been said a few times.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
« Reply #131 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 20:52:37 »
Don't start it all over again.. jeez. Read the thread - it's been said a few times.
none of the posts explained it
Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰_Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰ ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็_ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 22:06:02 »
Go into the 4grabs and press: up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, A, B, and a dibs ticket will pop up. Just make sure you don't have a popup blocker enabled, it'll only pop up once.
Looking for CC's!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Green Clack Sale
« Reply #133 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 22:14:20 »
Go into the 4grabs and press: up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, A, B, and a dibs ticket will pop up. Just make sure you don't have a popup blocker enabled, it'll only pop up once.

Doh! You almost had it.

Up up down down left right left right B A start

Or was it...

Down up left left A right down?
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
Green Clack Sale
« Reply #134 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 22:19:35 »
CC has had sales in the past. Some people get in. Those who try and don't succeed sometimes receive an email notifying them that they have been chosen for leftovers that people don't pay for or (presumably in this case) receive a "dibs" email for first crack at an upcoming sale. These emails themselves are very limited also. If you get a dibs email, this is your "dibs ticket". If you have never participated in a clack sale, you just take part in this sale as usual and if you don't get in then maybe next time you will get "dibs" or leftovers. It's just clacks way or rewarding people for their patience and spreading the love.

Correct me if I'm wrong here. Cheers
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #135 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 22:20:09 »
Ah, clacks again.

Not joining :-X Me likes candy corns and julysicles ;D

1.5 more months.....

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Green Clack Sale
« Reply #136 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 22:27:42 »
Ah, clacks again.

1.5 more months.....

I like 420 caps, appease me my child!

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #137 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 23:59:43 »
Ah, clacks again.

1.5 more months.....

I'm not much for 420 stuff either, but I'm going to try to get one in the hopes that I can trade it for a julysicle.

I hope that is not looked down upon.
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 April 2013, 01:32:53 by ComradeSniper »

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #138 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 01:14:09 »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #139 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 01:45:52 »
THOSE SETS!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, after refreshing the page and seeing those... I think that's all ill ask for. Wanted a WASD/arrow cluster since I knew they existed, not to bothered with the rest.

After looking at all the clacks in the classifieds came to the conclusion I pretty much love my current set up, and that the only thing that could improve it would be a wasd/arrow cluster, so if I get in ill be over the moon and if not I can still be really happy with my board that I've managed to put together over the last 5months or so :)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #140 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 09:44:06 »

Doh! You almost had it.

Or was it...

sonic 2?
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #141 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 09:50:36 »

Doh! You almost had it.

Or was it...

sonic 2?

The first one is the Konami cheat code. Gave you 999 lives in Contra (NES).

The "DULLARD" code was a cheat to give you more control in Mortal Kombat (Genesis).
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #142 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 09:55:32 »
Geez, don't you guys realize you're all going to be blacklisted!?

Quote from: ClackFactory link=topic=24467.msg463548#msg463548
Please don't try and stress me out because you like the idea(s) of a dishonest freebie or cheating the system. I will not only Black List you if I think you're shady

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #143 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 09:55:38 »
Lets be fair, the only codes that really ever mattered where; idkfa and iddqd

Offline Dgsbllx

« Reply #144 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 09:57:00 »
How about GTA Vice City? Give me a Playstation controller and I'm sure I could still enter those damn codes

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #145 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 09:59:23 »
How about GTA Vice City? Give me a Playstation controller and I'm sure I could still enter those damn codes

Yes, the fingers never forget. :)

in memoriam

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #146 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 10:07:22 »
i've actually wondered if two of the same CCs are ever identical..

Offline n0rvig

« Reply #147 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 10:31:57 »

So awesome! ClickClack is a genius for making this secret!

Offline Capitalistix

• Cherry MX Green Disciple
    • Uncanny Electronics
« Reply #148 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 10:39:12 »
You guys heard about this movie?

http://imdb.com/title/tt1935902/

Its about a teapot that spews out money when you inflict emotional and physical pain on people. I was just thinking, what if all us GHers met up IRL and found a teapot that did this, but spewed out random caps instead? :O

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #149 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 10:40:29 »
what if all us GHers met up IRL and found a teapot that did this, but spewed out random caps instead? :O