Author Topic: Hi  (Read 1420 times)

Offline lucifurburch

Hi
« on: Thu, 18 April 2013, 19:21:20 »
Hi all,

I recently got into mechanical keyboards and after I got my first two (a CHERRY G84-4400 and a razer blackwidow) I thought well wouldn't it be nice if some one made metal keycaps after searching Google I ended up finding some zinc ones here (I have already sent feng a pm). I hope I can find some good advice here and also hope to be of some help, that being said....

Where da caps at?.....lol..

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 18 April 2013, 19:23:20 »
Hi. I'm warning you, leave while you can. This hobby consumes your life and everything you hold close to your heart.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 18 April 2013, 19:31:21 »
Don't listen to phetto here. Please, right this way. We'll need you to enter all of your credit card numbers into your PayPal address. Perfect. Have a good time!

Offline Glissant

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 18 April 2013, 19:38:08 »
Hi. I'm warning you, leave while you can. This hobby consumes your life and everything you hold close to your heart.

Quoted for truth.

Offline RougeR

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 18 April 2013, 19:47:28 »
someone euthanize me with a model m.
make it quick.
Buckling spring warrior!

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
Hi
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 18 April 2013, 20:04:11 »
All of the metal you see in this picture (other than the case) is from Feng. The gold alpha keys are zinc from a previous run from Feng. He has a contact named MKC that makes the caps. The silver modifiers are zinc also from Feng from a more recent run he did. The spacebar is aluminum with a GH sticker on it also from Feng. You did the right thing by sending him a message. DON'T BUY THEM OFF EBAY! They come from Feng on eBay and he always gives better deals to GH members. Wether or not he has anything left is unknown to me. The gold caps are no longer in production and won't be made again. The caps here are all MX compatible although the gold ones fit really tight and the second run silver ones sit a bit loose on the stems but this can be fixed pretty easily. PM me if you have any questions.

EDIT: the GH sticker came from shadovved. He has a sticker shop opened in the forum. Lots of great metallic stickers!!!
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 April 2013, 20:06:20 by YoungMichael88 »
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker