Author Topic: Hello from Berlin, Germany  (Read 1309 times)

Offline HongKongFui

• No, you couldn't
Hello from Berlin, Germany
« on: Mon, 22 April 2013, 06:25:20 »
Hi everybody,

I'm an oldie from Germany and quiet new to the obsession. At the moment I own 3 boards, one KBC Poker with black switches, 70% with white on black cherry doubleshots, rest will be completed when I finally found some great keycaps to complete it. A corsair K60 with some rubberdomes mixed in which I'll sell when I find the time and a cherry G80-3000 with blues.

Found Geekhack through the nice german community on computerbase as all my questions like: where do I get this or that were answered: Geekhack groupbuys :) Now here I am ;)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
Re: Hello from Berlin, Germany
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 22 April 2013, 06:31:41 »
Welcome to geekhack. Which of your boards do you own is your favorite? And which switches have you tried aside from those? Which would you consider your favorite?

Offline HongKongFui

• No, you couldn't
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 22 April 2013, 14:49:13 »
Thank you :)

The Poker is my favourite without a doubt. I love the 60% layout. I hope to get an aluminium case for it one day.

Cherry MX Blacks are my favourite switches, so far I've tried greens, blacks, blues and reds.

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 22 April 2013, 16:36:02 »
Welcome to Geekhack!  The 60% layouts are getting more and more popular it seems. :)

Offline Bencze

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 23 April 2013, 15:35:23 »
How does one use a keyboard without arrows? I couldn't live without them that's for sure. I couldn't even write mails without them.
Even page up/down are useful sometimes, I hate aiming for the scroll bars with mouse.
-= QFR w/ mx blues - HPE87 w/ mx browns - Ducky 1087XM w/ green alps =-

Offline HongKongFui

• No, you couldn't
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 06:20:48 »
The Poker has arrow- keys. Just push Fn and the spacebar and right shift, right control, right windows key and the key in between are arrow keys. To scroll I use my mousewheel, so there's nothing I miss.

Good thing that tastes are different ;)

Offline Bencze

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 06:31:25 »
It can surely be learned, but some combos can get nasty, like selecting text with ctrl-shift-home or end, or ctrl-shift-arrows. Well 3 keys on left hand, hmm... interesting. The compactness is cool, though, I absolutely agree on that.
-= QFR w/ mx blues - HPE87 w/ mx browns - Ducky 1087XM w/ green alps =-