Author Topic: [NEW DATE] May 5th 2PM- 2nd Annual MN GH Meet Up & keycap pulling get together  (Read 15265 times)

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
yea I broke down and decided to bring the whole army...or at least the ones that aren't torn apart still
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline The_Ed

• Asperger's... SQUIRREL! I'm Anal Retentive *****!
I'm gonna be a bit late... Putting stuff in the car right now.
Reaper "frelled" me... Twice... Did he "frell" you too?... *brohug*
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
Had a great time! Got to  try out a ton of cool stuff :) And gupgup let me know if you want to do that trade! :D
Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰_Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰ ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็_ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
That was a great first meet up for me!

I have some pictures I'll post later tonight, not many but it shows just how many keyboards/keycaps there were.. Wow!

Thanks for a great time everyone, can't wait for the next one!

Gupgup

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
Waz goods :D

Cheers,
IBM Model M 1390120, Otaku Unicomp+RGB, CM QFR Green, Ducky YOTD Red, SSK MKII,
ErgoDox Blue, ErgoDox White

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
Piiiiiics!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Yes please, post all the lovely boards and caps!! Flynn's 1800 army is insane but I'm really greedy and want moar pics!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Great first meet up for me, really great to see some guys in person and spend hours pulling caps.   :eek:

Now I'm just jealous of other people's boards though...

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
Great first meet up for me, really great to see some guys in person and spend hours pulling caps.   :eek:

i forgot, what one did you bring? I was jelly of gupgup's poker :o that thing was really awesome
Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰_Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰ ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็_ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator

i forgot, what one did you bring? I was jelly of gupgup's poker :o that thing was really awesome

I brought the boring WASD with orange caps. 
I was also fascinated by the 87lb poker.  That thing is so solid...

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage

1lb per key!! :D

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
Piiiiiics!
gup's got the pics he took on his phone to post at some point

uggh i'm tired and sore as that was a ton of work. A big thanks go out to Guggup, OJ, HoffmanMyster, The_Ed, & rarar+friend for helping do this today! I don't think I ever would have finished it on my own

quick board review of the others stuff. This was most likely the only GH meet up of the year without any Korean boards there (if you don't count my luga as korean)

Guggup: That steel poker is pure craziness with how much it weights. It puts anything else i've ever touched to shame for being a brick. The GHSS is pretty sweet too, which i'd never seen in real life. That green color on there is so nice

OJ: The SSK he has is really nice and my favorite M i've seen (sorry Ed). The Sanctuary caps are pretty sweet too, glad you finally got them and wishing I had some too if it wasn't for all the drama

HoffmanMyster: not much to say about a WASD that hasn't been said before. Looking forward to seeing your LZ-GH at the next meet up though!

The_Ed: too many NIB IBM or Cherry things to remember right now. they all are quite nice though and your 3494 is the first board besides an 1800 that the wNv looks good on

rarar: your topre board looked nice, but I continue to refuse to touch one. Glad you did show up though and assist after all the fun you've had on GH in the previous weeks
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
Piiiiiics!
gup's got the pics he took on his phone to post at some point

uggh i'm tired and sore as that was a ton of work. A big thanks go out to Guggup, OJ, HoffmanMyster, The_Ed, & rarar+friend for helping do this today! I don't think I ever would have finished it on my own

quick board review of the others stuff. This was most likely the only GH meet up of the year without any Korean boards there (if you don't count my luga as korean)

Guggup: That steel poker is pure craziness with how much it weights. It puts anything else i've ever touched to shame for being a brick. The GHSS is pretty sweet too, which i'd never seen in real life. That green color on there is so nice

OJ: The SSK he has is really nice and my favorite M i've seen (sorry Ed). The Sanctuary caps are pretty sweet too, glad you finally got them and wishing I had some too if it wasn't for all the drama

HoffmanMyster: not much to say about a WASD that hasn't been said before. Looking forward to seeing your LZ-GH at the next meet up though!

The_Ed: too many NIB IBM or Cherry things to remember right now. they all are quite nice though and your 3494 is the first board besides an 1800 that the wNv looks good on

rarar: your topre board looked nice, but I continue to refuse to touch one. Glad you did show up though and assist after all the fun you've had on GH in the previous weeks
Thanks for responding to everyone! I do have to say, that modded MY board was... perculiar... to say the least :) And why do you refuse to touch topre? :)

Offline The_Ed

The original WNV-Teamwork, 3494, and 3600 are THE boards the WNV keys match perfectly. I just wish I could find a 3600...

Topre feels like old Microsoft rubber dome keyboards... I'm glad I never bought one.
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline The_Ed

Thanks for responding to everyone! I do have to say, that modded MY board was... perculiar... to say the least :) And why do you refuse to touch topre? :)

That was MY modded MY board...
R.I.P.ster

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator

He doesn't want to fall in love with topre and let it take control of his life.   :eek:

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found

He doesn't want to fall in love with topre and let it take control of his life.   :eek:

yes that is very much true.

I've never had all the 1800's out at once until today and I think they already have taken control enough
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"

pretty sure there is no such thing as an 87 key poker
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage

That was MY modded MY board...
yes i know :)

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage

pretty sure there is no such thing as an 87 key poker
right, i'm thinking of # of keys on a TKL my bad T_T

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
There weren't any Korean boards at the Chicago or Nashville meets either unfortunately. I have yet to try one :(

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
There weren't any Korean boards at the Chicago or Nashville meets either unfortunately. I have yet to try one :(

you really arent missing out on much aside from a heavy case.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage

you really arent missing out on much aside from a heavy case.
dat poker was super heavy

Offline The_Ed

I can only imagine what a steel fullsize (or 3000 :eek:) would weigh...
R.I.P.ster

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
I can only imagine what a steel fullsize (or 3000 :eek:) would weigh...

There's only one way to find out...

We need to make one.

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
21104-0

Flynns horde of 1800s.. those Clacks on there were too beautiful!

21106-1

All 1800 POS keys packaged up, me oh my was there a ton!

21108-2

21110-3

21112-4

Pictures of ALL the boards!!! 149 total, HoffmanMyster was closest to guess with 142!

21114-5

Whos who? :D (Hint: I took the photo :D)

21116-6

Pics of my boards! Siig Minitouch GH Edition, SSK, Model M Blue Label (thanks Flynn :D), QFR w/ blues, Poker with steel case(this was more of a hit than I thought it'd be :P)

21118-7

Pics of my CCs/Brobots/Hapster/Ironman:

From left to right: Metallic Milk Blue, Blue F2, Octopink Sticky Icky, 420 Brobot, Purple Translucent, Red Translucent, Blue Translucent, Dolch Bot, Hapster :P, Rosegold ironman

21120-8

HoffmanMysters awesome WASD, love the keys, love the zelda hearts. Great starter board, and you'll soon be in the depths of GH :D

21122-9

OJs Boards and rarars keyboards! I can't remember them all, but an awesome SSK, awesome Sanctuary Set on a QFR? and a Unicomp board with a crappy stabilizer :P

Rarars is the upside down model m(sorry buddy :/) and the awesome HHKB ;)

21124-10

The_Ed's Boards! He will have to tell you which is which, as he has or talked about almost one of everything! :P He definitely has some awesome ones though, a square label IBM among them which was sweet.

21126-11

LASTLY, this goes out to SmallFry! Just me chilling in front of a huge *** server :P taken as a joke to make smallfry jealous, not sure if it will or not. But oh well, I needed to get in at least one picture :D

Thanks everyone for such a fun Sunday. Got to see some awesome keyboards, see 160 keyboards in one spot, and finally meet some GHers IRL. Was an amazing time and I'm glad I met all of you!

Gupgup

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
Nice pics!  You captured the event much better than I suspected, nice job.

Offline The_Ed

You only took a pic of half the boards I brought... And I can barely see the top of my head and my hand...

I'm kinda bummed that I didn't finish bolt-modding my NIB 1390131 before the meetup. My NIB 1390120 doesn't look right without LEDs.
R.I.P.ster

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
You only took a pic of half the boards I brought... And I can barely see the top of my head and my hand...

I'm kinda bummed that I didn't finish bolt-modding my NIB 1390131 before the meetup. My NIB 1390120 doesn't look right without LEDs.

Hey no one said you weren't allowed to take pictures also! I knew I'd forget something/mess up a photo and someone would be mad :P

I'm not in any either except the last one :/

Nice pics!  You captured the event much better than I suspected, nice job.

Thanks buddy! :D

Gupgup

Offline The_Ed

I don't own a working camera... Gotta have your priorities right?

EDIT: I always "borrow" other people's to take pics.
R.I.P.ster

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
I spent 20 minutes frantically looking for my actual decent camera before giving up and leaving, only to find it on the floor of my truck after I left.  Booooooo.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Needs more 1800s :P

Really awesome pictures. If SmallFry isnt jealous of that server rack picture, I sure am. That SSK looks so good, I'm so excited to get mine now! And that poker with all RoG Klaxon looks sexy.

Now to play match the face....

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Dude, a TB of RAM is enough to make anyone jealous.

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
Dude, a TB of RAM is enough to make anyone jealous.

"Yeah man, I just installed WoW onto my 1TB ramdisk."

Cheers,

Offline shawn o

Wish I could have made it.

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
We could do a mini one for the twin cities area for you and whiteduck :D I know OJ lives close to me, and I'm in the highland park area, you're in minneapolis, and WD close too. We could do a mini meet since you and WD missed this one :D

Offline Panoptic

Bummed I couldn't make it, had a family emergency come up.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
We could do a mini one for the twin cities area for you and whiteduck :D I know OJ lives close to me, and I'm in the highland park area, you're in minneapolis, and WD close too. We could do a mini meet since you and WD missed this one :D

Hey now, I'm in MPLS too.

Also, I don't think I've said it so far, so I want to give a huge thanks to flynn for planning and hosting at his workplace.  Really appreciate the effort and volunteering the location.

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage

Also, I don't think I've said it so far, so I want to give a huge thanks to flynn for planning and hosting at his workplace.  Really appreciate the effort and volunteering the location.
didn't know, sorry :/  but anyone in the metro area that missed it or wants to go again,we could do another planned around the people who missed it.

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce

Go Gophers!

:D

Cheers,

Offline The_Ed

I hate all sports. There, I said it.
R.I.P.ster

Offline TreeSc2

I wanna goooooo :(

Offline The_Ed

R.I.P.ster

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Ignore him, he's spamming.

Offline The_Ed

Ah, OK (I see he has a warning level of 10%). I guess he doesn't realize that posts in off-topic don't count towards your post count.
R.I.P.ster

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
note that OJ's ssk is a beta ssk revival board :D

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline The_Ed

I didn't notice that. I DID however notice that my NIB and bolt-modded 1390120 was the stiffest/crispest BS board there. Older IS better, all those newer ones felt limp and soggy to me. I still need to finish bolt-modding my NIB 1390131... That thing's STILL sitting there in pieces...
R.I.P.ster

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
actually, the 1st beta group and i have all come to the same conclusion. the first build method i came up with is simply not rigid enough. fixing it in rev 0.2

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline The_Ed

I used 59 bolts and a wood screw on my 1390120, and it's as solid as a tank now.
R.I.P.ster

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
I used 59 bolts and a wood screw on my 1390120, and it's as solid as a tank now.

Yeah, Ed's was definitely more "Solid" feeling than the revival SSK. However, the NIB M's switches are just too heavy for my 'wimpy' fingers according to Ed. xD. I still prefer the unicomp hammers over the original IBM ones. I'm excited to see what you have in store for us Kawa with v .2!

Cheers,