Author Topic: Hello from beautiful (right >.>) Saint Louis!  (Read 1516 times)

Offline Flappity

Hello from beautiful (right >.>) Saint Louis!
« on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 00:16:09 »
Hi! Joined up with this forum a couple weeks ago but never got around to posting. Just wanted to say hi and such, and show off my first (well, second, I guess) mechy!

First I had a Tesoro Durandal G1NL Ultimate. But that thing started malfunctioning within a month so I returned it. And then I found my new one!

I was looking on eBay; I wanted to see what sort of Cherry MX Reds I could find. And then I saw a Ducky 9008G2 Pro for $100. Used, but included a whole bunch of extra keycaps. Here is an imgur gallery of the keyboard + caps: http://imgur.com/a/Ak943

This keyboard feels about a million times better than my Durandal. Didn't realize how cheap that thing felt until I got this, which I guess is fairly decent? It's "used" but the seller could have lied and told me it was new - I would have believed him. I have found absolutely nothing wrong thus far, and I am super happy with my purchase.

I joined this forum partly because I'm interested in customizing the keycaps, and partly because I want to do a project eventually - I have a TI-99 with an ALPS keyboard, and I really want to try to build a case for the keyboard module, figure out some sort of adapter to use, and use it as a windows keyboard. No idea if that project will come through ever, but it's something I'd like to TRY at least!

Anyways. Hi!

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
  • Nibble or Nybble either way it sounds delicious!
Re: Hello from beautiful (right >.>) Saint Louis!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 00:18:42 »
Welcome to GeekHack. It is a slippery slope from here though. Be ready to open that wallet! :)
WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue
Custom Miami QFR - MX Green
Handwired Redox-Manuform - Box Pink/Box Navy
KBD67 MKII PolyCarbonate - Gateron CJ

Offline CommunistWitchDr

• >implying keyboards
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 00:20:43 »
Hey, that's where I live. Maybe a midwest meetup isn't so infeasible after all.

Offline Flappity

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 00:30:17 »
Cool! I actually live out in Saint Peters, but nobody would know where I was if I said Saint Peters, MO!

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 05:09:24 »
Welcome to GH, friend. Hope you enjoy your stay and like spending ridiculous amounts of money on awesome things. :D
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 14:49:12 »
Hey, that's where I live. Maybe a midwest meetup isn't so infeasible after all.

Well, if you plan a midwest meetup, I promise to come all the way from NYC (but only if I can get a look at jcrouse's entire Clack collection!  I would like a private viewing too, so I can enjoy my rapture in peace.)
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 14:52:48 »
I would be there. I am an hour west of St. Louis, in Columbia. Also, feng is in St. Louis. It would be my honoe eth0s.

John

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 14:57:03 »
Be wise with your wallet and plan well what would you want to really get as part of your collection, otherwise you may be end with a lot of crap and much less money.

Someone said people that buy apple products should have more money than sense, well sometimes I think that may happen to us kb aficionados also. :D

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 15:16:50 »
Man, why are all the meet-ups happening away from me? Dang it, Texas. Step your game up.