Author Topic: KBT Pure and LED voltages, or custom boards and LED voltages  (Read 1033 times)

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
KBT Pure and LED voltages, or custom boards and LED voltages
« on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 10:12:49 »
So I purchased these LEDs that were labeled as "Cyan" and when I install them they are green. I contact the seller and they tell me "please use 4.2-4.6V VOLTAGE try again, if use 3.2V-3.6V, the LED's may be green color." So is it possible to swap a resistor somewhere on a Pure to get more volts?

If it isn't possible, do any custom Korean keyboards allow voltage regulation in the firmware?
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
Re: KBT Pure and LED voltages, or custom boards and LED voltages
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 10:33:36 »
So I purchased these LEDs that were labeled as "Cyan" and when I install them they are green. I contact the seller and they tell me "please use 4.2-4.6V VOLTAGE try again, if use 3.2V-3.6V, the LED's may be green color." So is it possible to swap a resistor somewhere on a Pure to get more volts?

If it isn't possible, do any custom Korean keyboards allow voltage regulation in the firmware?

What was the part number for the LEDs?  I'm looking for green ones, myself.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 11:06:01 »
How many do you need? I purchased 1000 so I can sell you leftovers at cost +shipping which is pretty much $6 for 100.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 11:10:07 »
How many do you need? I purchased 1000 so I can sell you leftovers at cost +shipping which is pretty much $6 for 100.

I could use 200 if you have that many to spare?  Looking to do a 109-key board plus an 83-key TG3.

Offline regack

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 26 April 2013, 08:22:13 »
Maybe?   From what I remember of the back of the Pure, there is what looks like some kind of driver for the LED matrix and some transistors and caps and stuff.  There might be 1 resistor per segment or 1 for the whole thing.  Unfortunately, the best way to find out how/what to change it is to essentially reverse engineer how it's built.  Not sure if anyone has done that already...