Author Topic: Hello from Portugal  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Heikai

Hello from Portugal
« on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 16:19:59 »
Hello,

Here's my brief story: I was not aware of the existence of mechanical keyboards until SteelSeries released the 7G and it was only when I read the Mechanical Keyboard Guide at Overclock.net that I started getting really interested in the subject. Yet I still couldn't justify spending so much on a keyboard.

Recently I started learning how to touch type properly - previously, although I barely looked at the keys and was decently fast, I would use only a few fingers and my technique was very inconsistent. I discovered the MechanicalKeyboards subreddit and, from there, Deskthority and Geekhack and started lurking.

Last week I got a WASD Sampler Kit hoping to get a feel of the different switch types and started leaning towards either Brown or Blue.

It didn't look like I could get any keyboard for less than 100€ (after shipping cost and taxes) so I decided that I would wait for either the QuickFire Rapid to become available with Blues in Europe or a suitable used keyboard sale.

Today, I found that opportunity and purchased a Keycool 87 from fellow Geekhack member eNrageDSainT.  :D

I don't know if this will be the end of the story or if I'll be purchasing new keycaps three weeks from now, only that my bank account would surely be happier with the former.   ;D

(Oh, I am currently typing this on a membrane BTC 5201. I don't find it as awful as most cheap keyboards sold nowadays.)
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 April 2013, 16:23:40 by Heikai »

Offline Bencze

Re: Hello from Portugal
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 17:32:16 »
Welcome,
Lucky on the QFR blue that way, I had to order mine from Usa. :) Mechanical keyboards need waaaay more exposure so we can find all sorts in Europe... :/ in Hungary I think there's none with any other switch than black or red. Never tried them myself but I don't think I'd enjoy a linear switch :(
-= QFR w/ mx blues - HPE87 w/ mx browns - Ducky 1087XM w/ green alps =-

Offline vidic07

Re: Hello from Portugal
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 26 April 2013, 05:26:33 »
Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy here :)