Author Topic: Ducky Shine 3 Coming out soon~  (Read 129811 times)

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
Re: Ducky Shine 3 Coming out soon~
« Reply #400 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 04:23:31 »
Most of these lighting modes seem to have been designed for demonstrations.  Apart from that, they would be extremely distracting.
Agreed, some of the lighting effects, like reactive and Aurora can be OK with the LED level dialed down, but that Ripple effect is downright distracting! Tried typing with that mode, NOT a touch typist I need to see the keys most of the time, and someone described it as Epileptic mode, this couldn't be more true! :eek: I'm not prone to such epileptic attacks at all, but looking at the LED going all hog wild when I was typing almost made me have one.

The new reactive mode is a real beast. If i didnt have so many keyboards i would surely have gotten the shine 3

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline theycallmeARES

« Reply #401 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 12:31:38 »
So I was hoping for a bit of quick advice.
I've managed to save enough to either buy the YOTS or a Ducky Shine 3.

I also would like to know what you recommend for the YOTS as I could either get it with Blue or Black switches, personally I've used Blue before and I loved them. I'll mainly be typing and doing a little bit of gaming so this will play a large part in it.

YOTS is so tempting just because I'd know I'd have 1 of 999 which since I'm a collector of many things already would make me happy.

Any help is appreciated <3

Offline bahamot

• bistropolis - dine with style
« Reply #402 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 14:51:31 »

I also would like to know what you recommend for the YOTS as I could either get it with Blue or Black switches, personally I've used Blue before and I loved them. I'll mainly be typing and doing a little bit of gaming so this will play a large part in it.

YOTS is so tempting just because I'd know I'd have 1 of 999 which since I'm a collector of many things already would make me happy.

Then just go for the YOTS.  :D

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #403 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 18:47:10 »

Welcome to Geekhack!

The limited edition ones (YotS at the moment) usually have one or two features over and above the Shine, such as an extra lighting mode and, in this case, an aluminium case top.

Limited editions also tend to have higher resale value.

Quality is usually the same.

If you can afford the YotD - go for it!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #404 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 06:15:54 »
So which is next year I know there was rabbit, dragon, and snake. What's next? Tiger?

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #405 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 06:36:33 »
Horse is next.

Offline genkidama

« Reply #406 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 07:22:43 »
I would've bought he Year of the Rabbit keyboard, but this year is already gone and for the next one: I just cannot wait that long. :x

But still waiting for a release date for a Ducky Shine 3 in Germany or with German keys.
My finger training is over 9000!!!!

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #407 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 09:01:51 »
Really horse? Well that's gonna be interesting. Ox is also going to be interesting. Tiger would sound awesome in a name.

Offline theycallmeARES

« Reply #408 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 12:42:05 »
Thanks for the help guys!
Reserved a YOTS with Blues for pick-up on Thursday, can't wait  :D

Offline genkidama

« Reply #409 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 13:02:02 »
Have fun with her and post some pictures, I'm wondering how it'll look like with white LEDs! :)
My finger training is over 9000!!!!

Offline theycallmeARES

« Reply #410 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 13:32:48 »
Have fun with her and post some pictures, I'm wondering how it'll look like with white LEDs! :)
I'll make sure I do!
The White LED's are one of the things that put me off my decision as with a Shine 3 I could of chose what colour I wanted. Its the 999 made thats drawn me in though.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #411 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 18:02:41 »
I'll make sure I do!
The White LED's are one of the things that put me off my decision as with a Shine 3 I could of chose what colour I wanted. Its the 999 made thats drawn me in though.

Don't let white LEDs put you off.  Sounds boring, but they are the best colour for custom keycaps as they simply light up the natural keycap colour.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline theycallmeARES

« Reply #412 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 18:47:56 »
I'll make sure I do!

I was actually thinking about purchasing these once I can afford it, I really want some keycaps that are front printed :)
http://www.maxkeyboard.com/max-universal-black-translucent-mechanical-keyboard-keycap-set.html
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 October 2013, 19:19:15 by theycallmeARES »

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #413 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 19:39:08 »
I'll make sure I do!

I was actually thinking about purchasing these once I can afford it, I really want some keycaps that are front printed :)
http://www.maxkeyboard.com/max-universal-black-translucent-mechanical-keyboard-keycap-set.html
Meh... It look pretty cheap to me.

Offline theycallmeARES

« Reply #414 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 20:12:38 »
I'll make sure I do!

Meh... It look pretty cheap to me.

Could you suggest some better front facing caps?
The ones I linked were the first ones I came across, I'm kind of new to the modding side of keyboards.

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #415 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 20:14:03 »
I'll take a look lol for I am too trying to find keycaps that allow my glorious to shine through.  :D
[Edit] I see that WASD has keycaps but do those allow my Leds to shine through them? It's not a big deal I just like to stand out at Lan parties with my friends :D
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 October 2013, 20:15:52 by HUNTERANGEL121 »

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #416 on: Tue, 01 October 2013, 22:04:22 »
Really horse? Well that's gonna be interesting. Ox is also going to be interesting. Tiger would sound awesome in a name.
Ox and Tiger are already out during their respective years.

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #417 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 05:53:22 »
Oh ok. I just looked up the Chinese calendar, and sheep is after horse lol. Won't that be fun?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #418 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 05:57:15 »
My nickname was Horse in primary school.

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #419 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 13:37:31 »
May I ask why?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #420 on: Wed, 02 October 2013, 22:37:18 »
May I ask why?

No particular reason, we just picked animals.  I was Horse.  Another guy was Cow, another was Duck.

Offline tns

« Reply #421 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 14:55:17 »

Kinda duckie

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #422 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 18:15:53 »
Show Image

Kinda duckie

Yellow case - check.

Yellow keycaps - check.

Looking good :)

Offline bahamot

« Reply #423 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 21:05:00 »
If the case is full aluminium then that's interesting.

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #424 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 21:52:12 »
Full aluminium = $$$

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #425 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 01:04:43 »
My YOTS arrived today!

Only 1 problem... Uh oh...

Poor Ducky spacebar...

Oh well, using a black aluminum spacebar for now.

754/999 Cherry MX Black

"Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #426 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 07:01:31 »
That space bar goes well with the theme, apart from not showing the LEDs through of course.

Offline morpheus

« Reply #427 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 11:46:21 »
@Zeal

That thing is gorgeous, and I'm loving that space bar. I personally don't like gaudy looking logos, (or any kind of logo for that matter) on my spacebar. So big ups to you man!

Offline bahamot

« Reply #428 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 11:48:44 »
Full aluminium = $$$
Personally I don't mind as long as the quality/finish is great!

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #429 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 13:05:03 »
Yeah, I'm really happy with the results. Only one problem though, my rig is going to have a white/red/stainless steel theme, and I'm thinking of swapping the ABS caps on the YOTS to some red on white Vortex thick PBT caps in the GB. Would white, red keys with black mods+spacebar look too distracting? :s I'll also need to source 4 extra caps for the calculator/e-mail/internet/Computer buttons on the top right...
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline bahamot

« Reply #430 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 13:06:32 »
Yeah, I'm really happy with the results. Only one problem though, my rig is going to have a white/red/stainless steel theme, and I'm thinking of swapping the ABS caps on the YOTS to some red on white Vortex thick PBT caps in the GB. Would white, red keys with black mods+spacebar look too distracting? :s I'll also need to source 4 extra caps for the calculator/e-mail/internet/Computer buttons on the top right...
keypop's polycarbonate keycaps are good candidates for the extra 4 caps.

Offline diqkiq

« Reply #431 on: Sun, 06 October 2013, 09:41:57 »
Just pre ordered a Blue LED black switch tkl! Anticipation is killing me now!
Filco Majestouch TKL, Noppoo Choc Mini, Realforce 87 55g, Model M TKL, Ducky Shine 3 TKL, KC60, Planck.

Offline MKANET

« Reply #432 on: Sun, 20 October 2013, 18:29:28 »
Where do I preorder the Blue LED TKL?  I'm in the USA.  I also like to know if I can order a spacebar replacement from the same place.  I think the snake spacebar is a bit tacky.

Thanks!!

Offline diqkiq

« Reply #433 on: Sun, 20 October 2013, 18:34:12 »
Where do I preorder the Blue LED TKL?  I'm in the USA.  I also like to know if I can order a spacebar replacement from the same place.  I think the snake spacebar is a bit tacky.

Thanks!!

From mechanical keyboards. Com
Filco Majestouch TKL, Noppoo Choc Mini, Realforce 87 55g, Model M TKL, Ducky Shine 3 TKL, KC60, Planck.