Author Topic: Ducky Shine 3 Coming out soon~  (Read 130268 times)

Offline baotung

Re: Ducky Shine 3 Coming out soon~
« Reply #350 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 01:48:16 »
Ugh. I only recently purchased a Shine 2 and now this... The fixed light issue where the light stays on for a few seconds after having pressed it is the main thing I would get it, for sure. *sigh*

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #351 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 01:51:34 »
Ugh. I only recently purchased a Shine 2 and now this... The fixed light issue where the light stays on for a few seconds after having pressed it is the main thing I would get it, for sure. *sigh*

Same here - that is the only backlighting feature that I miss.

Ok, I have Shine 1, maybe saving backlight settings across reboots would be nice too.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline baotung

« Reply #352 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 01:57:42 »

Ok, I have Shine 1, maybe saving backlight settings across reboots would be nice too.

I don't get the, "maybe saving backlight settings across reboots would be nice too," part :P

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #353 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 02:00:26 »

I don't get the, "maybe saving backlight settings across reboots would be nice too," part :P

The original Shine 1, when you reboot the computer, resets the keyboard and forgets what backlight setting you had.  Kinda annoying if you keep rebooting.

I understand that the Shine 2 onwards has onboard memory and remember what the backlight setting was.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline baotung

« Reply #354 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 02:04:29 »

The original Shine 1, when you reboot the computer, resets the keyboard and forgets what backlight setting you had.  Kinda annoying if you keep rebooting.

I understand that the Shine 2 onwards has onboard memory and remember what the backlight setting was.

Oh that makes sense. Yeah, that would definitely bug the crap out of me. Glad they implemented the onboard memory. You should definitely also consider an "upgrade" ;)

Offline morpheus

« Reply #355 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 03:16:58 »
Will the TKL version which will come out soon, come with the same lighting features?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #356 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 05:45:45 »
Will the TKL version which will come out soon, come with the same lighting features?

Probably, yes.  The earlier Shines were functionally the same, just a few less keys.

Offline morpheus

« Reply #357 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 07:13:54 »

Probably, yes.  The earlier Shines were functionally the same, just a few less keys.

You're the man now dog!

Offline pauldemonkey

« Reply #358 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 16:36:13 »
my YOTS came in today.... unfortunately i got a second F keycap where the H is supposed to be. I emailed MK about it and hopefully they can get me the correct replacement key.

MAC USERS:
 I did plug it into a mac and it seemed to work fine(tested on word). All of the keys worked and i could press up to 6 keys before it stopped registering keypresses. Hope it helps!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #359 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 00:32:50 »
my YOTS came in today.... unfortunately i got a second F keycap where the H is supposed to be. I emailed MK about it and hopefully they can get me the correct replacement key.

MAC USERS:
 I did plug it into a mac and it seemed to work fine(tested on word). All of the keys worked and i could press up to 6 keys before it stopped registering keypresses. Hope it helps!

Except that the extra 4 keys (YotS still has these, right?) - calculator, explorer etc. - don't do anything on the Mac.

And you can swap Alt and Win in System Preferences to mimic Mac Option/Command layout.

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #360 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 09:27:19 »

MAC USERS:
What about indicators? Like caps and num lock?

Offline genkidama

« Reply #361 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 14:50:00 »
Hey there,
as I was searching the web to find reviews and such for the Shine 3 I stumbled upon this site. Very awesome! :)

I got some questions, I hope these weren't asked before:
I see that ducky is distributing firmware updates and I keep reading that some users have problems with the lightning mode not functioning well or keys not really responding and other different kinds of errors. Does anybody here experienced such errors?
So, is it like a Windows firmware update, that you will have to install everytime when you plug your Shine 3 into the pc or will the update be kept on the onboard memory of the Shine 3?

I guess when I order one than the Shine 3 will not be updated with the firmware provided by duckychannel, will it?

Does somebody know how much it costs to ship the Shine 3 via mechanicalkeyboards.com to Europe? Any differences to which european country it's shipped?

Regards
My finger training is over 9000!!!!

Offline pauldemonkey

« Reply #362 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 16:38:20 »
Hey, Welcome to Geekhack!

I thought the firmware update was designed to fix the lighting issues.

Firmware is something that is saved on a device, it basically tells the device how to function or how to load software. So by updating the keyboard firmware, it is stored permanently on the keyboard until a different firmware is flashed.

If you order a keyboard other than a Shine 3 or YOTS then it doesn't require the shine 3 firmware. I'm not sure if ducky has any firmware updates for other keyboards that you will need.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #363 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 17:09:54 »
How good is the quality on the shine 3 compared to other full size backlit boards for ~$150?

Offline Ducky nordic

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #364 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 17:26:32 »
Hey there,
as I was searching the web to find reviews and such for the Shine 3 I stumbled upon this site. Very awesome! :)

I got some questions, I hope these weren't asked before:
I see that ducky is distributing firmware updates and I keep reading that some users have problems with the lightning mode not functioning well or keys not really responding and other different kinds of errors. Does anybody here experienced such errors?
So, is it like a Windows firmware update, that you will have to install everytime when you plug your Shine 3 into the pc or will the update be kept on the onboard memory of the Shine 3?

I guess when I order one than the Shine 3 will not be updated with the firmware provided by duckychannel, will it?

Does somebody know how much it costs to ship the Shine 3 via mechanicalkeyboards.com to Europe? Any differences to which european country it's shipped?

Regards

Shine3 - series is the 1st series featuring firmware updates.  The firmware is stored on keyboard, so u dont need to do it again.
The lighting mode bug appearing on some machines was fixed in fresh firmware. The firware update also brought new lighting mode "Aurora".

If any future updates come they may also hold some new led modes & goodies  :)

-> Pics

Offline Ducky nordic

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #365 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 17:32:23 »
How good is the quality on the shine 3 compared to other full size backlit boards for ~$150?

If ur looking for LED backlit...well, Shine3 has tons of cool effects incl. the badass reactive with adjustable delay. Its also got memory so u can set up ur own layouts with the light.
So for led backlit, id say there is no comparison  ;)

-> Pics

Offline Ducky nordic

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #366 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 17:36:21 »
Now that they are out, can someone let us know if they do/don't support 6KRO, please?

Once they arrive and you get time with them, of course.

Thanks.

Shine3 will also work on OS/machines that can support 6KRO only.

-> Pics

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #367 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 17:45:53 »

If ur looking for LED backlit...well, Shine3 has tons of cool effects incl. the badass reactive with adjustable delay. Its also got memory so u can set up ur own layouts with the light.
So for led backlit, id say there is no comparison  ;)

QFT

The mode I have been waiting for is the, er, delayed reactive (?) - where you press a key which lights up, then gradually fades.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #368 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 17:57:25 »
Are there other boards that are around the same minus the backlit features but still has basic backlighting?
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 September 2013, 19:11:10 by Pacifist »

Offline pauldemonkey

« Reply #369 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 18:58:27 »

MAC USERS:

Caps Lock and Num Lock work, though they dont change the lights on the mac's keyboard like they would on a pc. The 4 keys to the top right are non-functional however. They are the calculator, Pc, mail, and home keys. Also the Ducky/Windows key works as the Apple command key.
Also when i first tried using the keyboard on a mac it plugged in and started working, though i did not try the apple commands or caps/num lock. When i plugged it in today it was right after i had updated the firmware on the keyboard and i got a prompt on the mac to push some keys to help identify the keyboard, i am not sure if the firmware is related to that or not.

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #370 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 19:17:44 »

MAC USERS:

Caps Lock and Num Lock work, though they dont change the lights on the mac's keyboard like they would on a pc. The 4 keys to the top right are non-functional however. They are the calculator, Pc, mail, and home keys. Also the Ducky/Windows key works as the Apple command key.
Also when i first tried using the keyboard on a mac it plugged in and started working, though i did not try the apple commands or caps/num lock. When i plugged it in today it was right after i had updated the firmware on the keyboard and i got a prompt on the mac to push some keys to help identify the keyboard, i am not sure if the firmware is related to that or not.
So the lights under caps and numlock do those turn on and off when activated and deactivated?
I think the Mac does the key pressing thing to make sure the board is working?

Offline pauldemonkey

« Reply #371 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 19:33:46 »

MAC USERS:

So the lights under caps and numlock do those turn on and off when activated and deactivated?
I think the Mac does the key pressing thing to make sure the board is working?

My bad, Num Lock and Scroll Lock do nothing and do not light up when pressed and the number pad always works. Caps Lock on the other hand does light up when pressed and works as intended.

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #372 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 19:40:30 »
Hmm. That's not that bad. I can't wait for my shine 3!

Offline genkidama

« Reply #373 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 05:08:47 »
Hey, thanks for the rapid responses! :)

A question to ducky-nordic, when will your site open up? I guess it will be easier for me to Order there  than via mechenicalkeyboards.com, as I  guess the shipping and customs will be expensive for me as a European.

I'm eagerly waiting for the availibility in my country and Carl the Shine 3 mine :D

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #374 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 07:37:32 »
Check his Deskauthorty thread?

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline genkidama

« Reply #375 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 12:41:59 »
Thanks, I looked it up and found a reseller, but its seems like its only for a finnish (ISO Nordic as described on the website) version of the keyboard.

I thought they would have different kinds of versions of the keyboard, so I'll keep waiting for a german one to order.

Offline illmaculate

« Reply #376 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 21:08:30 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 September 2013, 06:14:44 by illmaculate »

Offline minimal

« Reply #377 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 09:29:33 »
Got mine in.  Mx brown, Magenta lighting. Reactive lighting mode is great. May need to grab some o-ring dampeners since it's still a bit loud for my tastes ( I bottom out constantly) but loving the board so far.

Once I get the function tweaked I can start playing with the looks. Anyone make compatible replacement top cases for these or have a source for replacement parts?  I have the urge to paint.

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #378 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 13:54:57 »
Nice!
You make me so much more excited for mine.

Offline deazncy

« Reply #379 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 15:47:11 »
I'm planning on getting a Shine 3 soon, but I can't decide on a color. I'm on the fence between orange and magenta. I want to buy a white keycap set made for backlit keyboards (like this: http://i.imgur.com/m5Z7Smi.jpg). Both magenta and orange would look really nice. I can't make up my mind - someone help me out.
“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one” -Bruce Lee

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #380 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 15:53:31 »
Blue LED's FTW

Everything else will just get annoying really quickly IMO
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #381 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 16:13:31 »
Yup! For me it's blue or nothing but aside from my opinion, the magenta might seem like something that would strain your eyes orange is more "welcoming" that's why submarines use red lights in the cabin. (I think)

Offline deazncy

« Reply #382 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 16:28:09 »
I've had pretty much every led color option available in other keyboards, except for orange. But out of all of them, I really liked the way that the purple leds looked on my ducky shine ii. But since I've never had orange before, and since it looks really nice in pictures, I want to try them out. Thanks for your suggestions, but it's between orange or magenta at this point :)
“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one” -Bruce Lee

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #383 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 17:12:09 »
I've had pretty much every led color option available in other keyboards, except for orange. But out of all of them, I really liked the way that the purple leds looked on my ducky shine ii. But since I've never had orange before, and since it looks really nice in pictures, I want to try them out. Thanks for your suggestions, but it's between orange or magenta at this point :)

Ducky magenta (purple) is often confused with pink.  There is even a thread here about just that.

If it was me, I'd get the orange, but that's just my preference.

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #384 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 17:28:21 »
that's why submarines use red lights in the cabin. (I think)
Did some digging and found a little blurb on sub control rooms and lighting; (lmk if you cant read it, ill copypasta)

http://www.quora.com/Submarines/Why-are-submarine-operating-rooms-kept-dark#

Offline deazncy

« Reply #385 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 19:39:36 »

Ducky magenta (purple) is often confused with pink.  There is even a thread here about just that.

If it was me, I'd get the orange, but that's just my preference.

Wow, helping me out in two different threads :)

I read somewhere that the magenta becomes more of a darker shade when using the white keycaps. But at the same time, the orange looks really nice under them as well. I think I'm leaning more towards the orange.

Offline minimal

« Reply #386 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 09:56:09 »
The Magenta is definitely more pink than dark purple.  A quick video I made for an acquaintance of it:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #387 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 00:33:23 »
Ripple mode LOL

Reactive is the one I was waiting for, and still waiting as my keyboard budget has recently been reduced somewhat.

Offline bahamot

• bistropolis - dine with style
« Reply #388 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 00:42:48 »
Ripple mode LOL

Reactive is the one I was waiting for, and still waiting as my keyboard budget has recently been reduced somewhat.
Yeah, not sure who gonna use the ripple mode.
Besides reactive mode, aura mode is the other cool lighting mode.

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #389 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 00:54:19 »
Yayy
reactive with delay is very cool :p

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #390 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 02:19:11 »
Ripple mode LOL

Most of these lighting modes seem to have been designed for demonstrations.  Apart from that, they would be extremely distracting.

Offline pocketdrummer

« Reply #391 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 02:35:16 »
I just got my Ducky Year of the Snake!!!

This is my first mechanical keyboard, so there's a bit of a learning curve. I'm really not used to typing on anything that feels like this. As far as quality is concerned, I am extremely impressed. The aluminum chassis is well worth the extra cost, and it looks much nicer than I expected. I thought this would be one of those situations where the aluminum was thin and low quality. This isn't one of those situations. It's thick, has a great finish, and it weighs 5.5lb (according to the shipping label, which feels about right).

Highly recommend this if it's still in stock somewhere.

Offline bahamot

• bistropolis - dine with style
« Reply #392 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 02:39:30 »

This is my first mechanical keyboard, so there's a bit of a learning curve. I'm really not used to typing on anything that feels like this. As far as quality is concerned, I am extremely impressed. The aluminum chassis is well worth the extra cost, and it looks much nicer than I expected. I thought this would be one of those situations where the aluminum was thin and low quality. This isn't one of those situations. It's thick, has a great finish, and it weighs 5.5lb (according to the shipping label, which feels about right).

Congratulation and welcome to the club! What switch? What's your serial number? Any photos?  ;D

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #393 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 03:13:54 »

Congrats!

The first one is always special :)

Feel free to post pictures here (including the serial number - everyone has been doing that).

Offline soleusrex

« Reply #394 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 03:44:01 »
I'm planning on getting a Shine 3 soon, but I can't decide on a color. I'm on the fence between orange and magenta. I want to buy a white keycap set made for backlit keyboards (like this: http://i.imgur.com/m5Z7Smi.jpg). Both magenta and orange would look really nice. I can't make up my mind - someone help me out.

Do you know if it's possible to buy black keycaps like those? I'm interested in the Shine 3 but find the keycaps too busy, and I'd love a simpler option (something like the keycaps of the Code or Shine 2). I've found these keycaps from MaxKeyboard, but they're translucent.
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 September 2013, 03:57:06 by soleusrex »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #395 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 04:31:12 »

Do you know if it's possible to buy black keycaps like those? I'm interested in the Shine 3 but find the keycaps too busy, and I'd love a simpler option (something like the keycaps of the Code or Shine 2). I've found these keycaps from MaxKeyboard, but they're translucent.

Those look like Ducky Shine 2 keycaps.

Not sure you'd be able to buy anything for the SHine 2 now that the Shine 3 is out.

You could try (getting up to 60 valuable posts) and posting a WTB thread in classifieds.

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #396 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 07:32:23 »
mechanicalkeyboards.com stock some ducky shine keycaps

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #397 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 15:09:42 »
Ripple mode LOL

Most of these lighting modes seem to have been designed for demonstrations.  Apart from that, they would be extremely distracting.
It's an epilepsy mode....
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 September 2013, 05:53:27 by HUNTERANGEL121 »

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #398 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 22:25:32 »
Agreed, some of the lighting effects, like reactive and Aurora can be OK with the LED level dialed down, but that Ripple effect is downright distracting! Tried typing with that mode, NOT a touch typist I need to see the keys most of the time, and someone described it as Epileptic mode, this couldn't be more true! :eek: I'm not prone to such epileptic attacks at all, but looking at the LED going all hog wild when I was typing almost made me have one.

Offline morpheus

« Reply #399 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 01:19:55 »
Agreed, some of the lighting effects, like reactive and Aurora can be OK with the LED level dialed down, but that Ripple effect is downright distracting! Tried typing with that mode, NOT a touch typist I need to see the keys most of the time, and someone described it as Epileptic mode, this couldn't be more true! :eek: I'm not prone to such epileptic attacks at all, but looking at the LED going all hog wild when I was typing almost made me have one.

I didn't think it (Aurora) would be so distracting, but now that I think about it...

I think that these different lighting modes were meant for general web browsing, not for serious typing, maybe except for the default LED mode.