Author Topic: What should I buy?  (Read 1548 times)

Offline spidum

What should I buy?
« on: Fri, 26 April 2013, 20:20:46 »
Well im in the market for a new keyboard.

Im not too picky about the layout but I do want it to be a 60% with either red or blues

I want it to be semi-customizable (at very minimum swappable keycaps)

Im leaning toward getting a poker but I dont really know of any good alternatives. (other than a GH60 but I kind of want it now and the GB has ended :p )

If anyone would like to give me some tips/advice on what i should buy that would be great!

Also if anyone has something that fits this description up for sale let me know!

Offline bazemk1979

Re: What should I buy?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 26 April 2013, 22:28:27 »
Poker 2 is coming out soon, but if you want some CM Quickfire with red switches NEW for $65 shipped PM me. Not 60% but 75% board :)
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline spidum

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 01:00:07 »
Poker 2 is coming out soon, but if you want some CM Quickfire with red switches NEW for $65 shipped PM me. Not 60% but 75% board :)

Yeah thats what I have been hearing for a while now. But how long is "soon" ive heard some pretty wide ranging ideas. And I will keep your offer in mind.

Offline spidum

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 01:24:19 »
Im also interested in the KBT Pure. Opinions?

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 07:28:57 »
The Pure is not so different to a Poker, it has one key more and if you want, additional backlighting. The keycaps are pad-printed and PBT when you choose the one without backlighting (with backlighting the keycaps are afaik transparent ABS with a black coat). I experience no PCB-flex at all which I heard can be a problem with the Poker?

In terms of customization, of course you can get custom keycaps for it, as for every keyboard with Cherry MX switches. It is PCB mounted by default, so could add a plate if you want, and of course a metal case (however, you can buy Pures with metal casings already installed). The cable is detachable so you can use a custom cable without the need to solder. So basically you can customize it as much as you want.

Offline spidum

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 11:16:16 »
The Pure is not so different to a Poker, it has one key more and if you want, additional backlighting. The keycaps are pad-printed and PBT when you choose the one without backlighting (with backlighting the keycaps are afaik transparent ABS with a black coat). I experience no PCB-flex at all which I heard can be a problem with the Poker?

In terms of customization, of course you can get custom keycaps for it, as for every keyboard with Cherry MX switches. It is PCB mounted by default, so could add a plate if you want, and of course a metal case (however, you can buy Pures with metal casings already installed). The cable is detachable so you can use a custom cable without the need to solder. So basically you can customize it as much as you want.

Thank you. I am probably going to go for the pure since the poker is so hard to come across.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 11:21:19 »
If you get a Pure, just be aware that the right shift is short so you'll need to hunt for an entire tsangan kit just to get a cap. Or maybe a set like the DoubleShots on the MY7000s

Offline spidum

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 12:04:17 »
If you get a Pure, just be aware that the right shift is short so you'll need to hunt for an entire tsangan kit just to get a cap. Or maybe a set like the DoubleShots on the MY7000s

Ahh well in that case I will probably need assistance finding said cap.  :-\

If only pokers were easier to come across.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 17:34:07 »
I ordered a seperate short right shift from WASD keyboards.

Offline Hour

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 28 April 2013, 10:03:53 »
I've been look at this one lately =)
http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=298
I heard some good things about it from people who have it when I asked about it.
Best of luck!  :D