Author Topic: A formal apology  (Read 8133 times)

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
A formal apology
« on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:12:34 »
I would just like to say sorry for all this **** I caused, and it really could have been avoided on my part if I would have kept my yap shut. I'm going to try and make myself a better part of this community now, and to start that, I'm doing a few things. 
1) Helped create the buying guide on reddit (I know its not GH, but it can be used here) http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/1dc8pg/guide_the_rmechanicalkeyboards_firsttime_buying/

2) Going to the MN meetup to help out with the stuff there. 

3) Stop being immature. Seriously, if you see me being stupid, just call me out, it will be a wakeup call to me.

Thanks!
-rarar
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 April 2013, 14:27:05 by rarar »
Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰_Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰ ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็_ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
Re: A formal apology
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:12:53 »
Oh, and you can post what you want in here, discuss if you want, doesn't matter to me.
Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰_Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰ ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็_ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:15:51 »
Just be aware that people are going to be cautious of you, until there is actual proof things have changed. Don't let that discourage you if this is the truth. You went back on your word a few times, so it is understandable they would feel that way.

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:17:13 »
Just be aware that people are going to be cautious of you, until there is actual proof things have changed. Don't let that discourage you if this is the truth. You went back on your word a few times, so it is understandable they would feel that way.
Yeah, It's understandable, I can see what I did in the past was really stupid and immature and I'm trying to work on not being that.

Offline bavman

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:19:10 »
It's nice to see that you're trying to be better.

Good luck, and just remember for the future, trust and respect are worth more than a couple hundred dollars.

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:19:37 »
It's nice to see that you're trying to be better.

Good luck, and just remember for the future, trust and respect are worth more than a couple hundred dollars.
Yes, forsure T_T

Offline Rare

• Spending racks and bands on keyboards.
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:22:50 »
lol
Saber 68 (MOD-H)
my glo

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:27:55 »
Paging Dr. Klaxon

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:29:20 »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:30:02 »
I would just like to say sorry for all this **** I caused

this hardly seems a formal apology to me, i dont want to sour this thread but if you would like to apologize i think you should acknowledge  and explain the mistakes that were made, not shrug them off and blame immaturity

i really do hope you are sincere, i just feel like perhaps in the downtime you have had and being able to read people thoughts and feelings on the issue a more thoughtful first post could have happened
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:33:54 »
Show Image

Stealing my saxy gif...

Other than that, I really don't have anything of import to say.

That won't get *me* muted.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:35:31 »
I do agree with Bunny, in regard to the apology. For the most part, it sounds as though you only regret opening your mouth. But what you did was more than that.

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:36:51 »

this hardly seems a formal apology to me, i dont want to sour this thread but if you would like to apologize i think you should acknowledge  and explain the mistakes that were made, not shrug them off and blame immaturity

i really do hope you are sincere, i just feel like perhaps in the downtime you have had and being able to read people thoughts and feelings on the issue a more thoughtful first post could have happened

Yeah, sorry bout the un detailed post, sorta busy with homework, I just noticed I was unmuted so I posted this.

Let me go into some more detail.

I am sorry that I tried to sell the Friday Clack. At points I was considering selling it for profit, and that is a rotten thing for me to have done. Sorta glad it went to someone who needed it for free :)
I'm sorry about the drama that I caused following the incident, with the gifs, the avatar, my sig, ect. ect. ect... I was just pissed at that moment but I didn't really see what was going on from everyone else's point of view, only my own. Being muted for a week helped me realize the severity of what I had done, and how stupid it was to do it.

I'll post some more later, but I got some history to do.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:37:02 »

Stealing my saxy gif...

Wrong, sir. I used it before you. Tis you that stole from thee ;)

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:38:06 »

Stealing my saxy gif...

Wrong, sir. I used it before you. Tis you that stole from thee ;)

Know how King Klaxon always demands sacrifice?  There's your's.  Relinquishing ownership of dat hawt gif.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:39:13 »

Yeah, sorry bout the un detailed post, sorta busy with homework, I just noticed I was unmuted so I posted this.

I am sorry that I tried to sell the Friday Clack. At points I was considering selling it for profit, and that is a rotten thing for me to have done. Sorta glad it went to someone who needed it for free :)
I'm sorry about the drama that I caused following the incident, with the gifs, the avatar, my sig, ect. ect. ect... I was just pissed at that moment but I didn't really see what was going on from everyone else's point of view, only my own. Being muted for a week helped me realize the severity of what I had done, and how stupid it was to do it.

This has now turned into an intervention thread

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:40:20 »
I was busy during the ****storm so...

I love Elzy

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:41:03 »

Show Image

BECAUSE I KNOW, SOMEWHERE, DEEP DOWN IN MY HEART.....   

I STILL LOVE YOU!!!!

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:41:05 »
You can start by not thread crapping (in this thread) on your first day back.

Offline bavman

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:41:22 »

I think you mean Clactervention.

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:41:39 »
Yeah, moose pointed it out, I removed the post.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:42:15 »

Indeed.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:42:23 »
EDIT :

Don't give him a chance.

He's already managed to **** up in the very short time he's been back. He's also showing hints of being pissed off already. I only see him ****ing up again and again and becoming more and more enraged.
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 April 2013, 14:10:32 by Photekq »
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:43:44 »
lol
Give him a chance.

I know I've said those exact words before. I was wrong & rarar made the wrong choice. But at least this time rarar has come back on his own & is trying to make a mends, and isn't doing so because I was forcing him. Instead he's doing it because he wants to which does add some sincerity to his words.

Rarar, tread carefully. It's good that you want people to point out your faults and I hope that it makes you behave like less of an ass. Just don't give up like you did last time and please, PLEASE don't let the words of others influence you into doing something stupid. Also, understand that this isn't something that can be fixed easily. Nobody's gonna back you up until you prove that your attitude has changed.
Yeah, honestly I should have just not said anything once you talked to me, just layed low, and kept the clack, and then none of this would have happened T_T

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
  • Nibble or Nybble either way it sounds delicious!
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:43:59 »
lol
Give him a chance.

I know I've said those exact words before. I was wrong & rarar made the wrong choice. But at least this time rarar has come back on his own & is trying to make a mends, and isn't doing so because I was forcing him. Instead he's doing it because he wants to which does add some sincerity to his words.

Rarar, tread carefully. It's good that you want people to point out your faults and I hope that it makes you behave like less of an ass. Just don't give up like you did last time and please, PLEASE don't let the words of others influence you into doing something stupid. Also, understand that this isn't something that can be fixed easily. Nobody's gonna back you up until you prove that your attitude has changed.
Church, I agree with this 100%. Glad to see you back though. Never want to see anyone drop off the forum.
WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue
Custom Miami QFR - MX Green
Handwired Redox-Manuform - Box Pink/Box Navy
KBD67 MKII PolyCarbonate - Gateron CJ

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:44:21 »

Give him a chance.

Remember the last time you did that? I think you do. Let him fend for himself, that's why he is here doing this.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:46:22 »

Give him a chance.

Remember the last time you did that? I think you do. Let him fend for himself, that's why he is here doing this.

I know I've said those exact words before. I was wrong & rarar made the wrong choice.
github

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:47:06 »
Yeah, moose pointed it out, I removed the post.

Yeah nm, looks like you removed it. You should've known not to do that in the first place.

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:48:11 »

Give him a chance.

I know I've said those exact words before. I was wrong & rarar made the wrong choice.
Pho, you don't need to put yourself on the line again, any stupid decision I make should be my fault, not the guy who said "give him another chance" I appreciate what you're doing but I don't want your reputation to be tarnished by mine.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:49:44 »

3) Stop being immature. Seriously, if you see me being stupid, just call me out, it will be a wakeup call to me.

This sounds like you are leaving it up to the Community to babysit you. you are basically saying, 'next time you see me ****ing up, tell me to stop, and i will! tehehe!'

what happened to you leaving?

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:50:12 »

Give him a chance.

^^^^

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:50:53 »

This sounds like you are leaving it up to the Community to babysit you. you are basically saying, 'next time you see me ****ing up, tell me to stop, and i will! tehehe!'

what happened to you leaving?

Good point there, should I remove that part? I don't mean for people to babysit me, just want people to point out if I'm being stupid and making dumbass choices.

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:52:33 »

This is not targeted to any individual but a general statement:

Different people certainly have very different views of appropriate responses towards issues. I'm personally a "show up and throw up" kinda guy. I want it ALL out there to the point of ad nauseum, no stone left unturned, that's how I see that everyone understands everything that happened, why it happened, what should have been done differently, and what will be different in the future. No mysteries, that's how we learn, but that's just me and maybe that's not much better :) Another personal note, over time I've become cautious when a slight has occurred involving money, because money is of no "real" value...it's about the principle, being polite, reasonable, and fair. When someone holds cash...that's a problem, it speaks volumes about what they value. I usually don't have much in common with that type of personality, I have a distaste for it, and it's gross. Obviously we generally go to work and sell things for money, but integrity should trump the acquisition of cash. Cash comes and goes, but integrity is part of a persons character.  Use that moral compass, it's in there somewhere!

There's a difference between being frugal and taking advantage. Be certain to know the difference. This last couple years I've gone from the penthouse to the outhouse and may never fully recover from the damage, but what's most important to me is that no one has suffered from my actions/misfortune (only myself) and I haven't gained from the misfortune of others.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:52:40 »
Pho, you don't need to put yourself on the line again, any stupid decision I make should be my fault, not the guy who said "give him another chance" I appreciate what you're doing but I don't want your reputation to be tarnished by mine.
Dw, I was going to leave this thread alone once I had posted that. I'm not going to back you up anymore.
github

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:54:10 »
I have had you ignored for a long time and I'll continue doing so until you actually show me you've changed. Telling me a generic apology and then immediately jumping into classified threads doesn't make me want to change my opinion that much.

Your apology doesn't make me forget what you called me in IRC or how you handled my offer for your plushie. I don't know what else you've done to the community besides what people have told me so I won't comment there.

If you want me to give you any respect, you'll have to earn it. I hope you find what you want on GH and good luck.

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:56:15 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 April 2013, 14:03:31 by rarar »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 14:01:21 »
I have had you ignored for a long time and I'll continue doing so until you actually show me you've changed. Telling me a generic apology and then immediately jumping into classified threads doesn't make me want to change my opinion that much.

Your apology doesn't make me forget what you called me in IRC or how you handled my offer for your plushie. I don't know what else you've done to the community besides what people have told me so I won't comment there.

If you want me to give you any respect, you'll have to earn it. I hope you find what you want on GH and good luck.
The offer for the plushie? You offered $40, i said no, you said ok ill make my own, and I thought that was it? What am I forgetting about that?

you said to call you out when you are starting to act immature again

so i am doing that

that is not an appropriate tone to be taking this early upon your return in a thread about making things right
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 14:03:16 »

The offer for the plushie? You offered $40, i said no, you said ok ill make my own, and I thought that was it? What am I forgetting about that?

you said to call you out when you are starting to act immature again

so i am doing that

that is not an appropriate tone to be taking this early upon your return in a thread about making things right
Gotcha. Thanks for the help.

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 14:06:12 »
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 14:08:02 »
isn't there an age limit on user sign ups ?

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 14:08:38 »
Nope.

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 14:09:19 »
Show Image

Missalaire is not only the finder of great finds, but the finder of great drama :) Always there with her popcorn.

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 14:10:13 »
Stop defending and start being humble.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 14:11:29 »
Nope.

Well this has acted as a clear example of why there should be.

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 14:12:01 »
Stop defending and start being humble.
Yes, thats true... I never thought of it that way, I just think I'm a defensive person by nature, but I can see what you mean by that. Thanks.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 14:13:41 »
Nope.

I'm not trying to imply that rarar is mature but age does not always = maturity.
github

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 14:16:31 »
Nope.

I'm not trying to imply that rarar is mature but age does not always = maturity.

Yeah, not sure I agree with that one, yeah some people can be more or less mature than others, but age is a pretty good way to gauge ones maturity.

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
« Reply #47 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 14:19:17 »
Nope.

Yeah, not sure I agree with that one, yeah some people can be more or less mature than others, but age is a pretty good way to gauge ones maturity.
The thing is there's already a number of people on this forum that are younger that me (or same age) That are way more mature than me, and to limit age would not only limit me, but them. Putting the limit at 18 would get rid of a few key members, and putting it at 16, you would have me back in a few months anyways...

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 14:20:42 »
Sure, it's a pretty good method but there are always exceptions. You shouldn't penalise people of a certain age group just because people like rarar can't behave themselves.
github

Offline AriesX

« Reply #49 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 14:20:58 »
i dont even get how you have a paypal account to to all the selling and buying, do you use your parents?