Author Topic: Ducky/Filco/Mechanical Keyboard sellers in Taiwan  (Read 21164 times)

Offline knotra

• I ­­­♥ ⌂ ♫
Ducky/Filco/Mechanical Keyboard sellers in Taiwan
« on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 17:21:25 »
Hi. I'm from the US and am going to Taipei, Taiwan over the summer and was planning to pick up a Ducky keyboard or a Filco Keyboard while I am there. Does anyone know specific places and/or stores that sell them? Or is it mostly ordered there like the US.

Thanks for any feedback.
Keyboards: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate, Das Model S Ultimate Tactile Soft, Das Model S Professional Tactile Click, Corsair Vengeance K90, Steelseries 6gv2 Black Switch, Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 Soft Linear Action, Ducky DK9087 Shine II w/ Browns, Ducky DK9008 Shine II w/ Blues, WASD Keyboard v1 w/ Browns, Leopold FC200R Tacticle Touch, White Filco Majestouch-2 TKL Click Action, Ducky DK9008G2 PRO Dark Grey Version PBT w/ Clears, Realforce 87U Tenkeyless 45g White/Grey

Offline tns

Re: Ducky/Filco/Mechanical Keyboard sellers in Taiwan
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 10:45:21 »
about Ducky
http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/en/2013computex.html
maybe? I don't really know but I also planned to go on summer...
ADDRESS: 1F., NO.34, LN. 26 SONGJIANG RD., ZHONGSHAN DIST., TAIPEI CITY 104, TAIWAN
but that's a maintenance address T^T

their address seems to be same :o
1F., NO.34, LN. 26 SONGJIANG RD., ZHONGSHAN DIST., TAIPEI CITY 104, TAIWAN

btw when r u going?

Offline knotra

• I ­­­♥ ⌂ ♫
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 04 May 2013, 12:48:09 »
not sure yet. either early june or late july
Keyboards: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate, Das Model S Ultimate Tactile Soft, Das Model S Professional Tactile Click, Corsair Vengeance K90, Steelseries 6gv2 Black Switch, Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 Soft Linear Action, Ducky DK9087 Shine II w/ Browns, Ducky DK9008 Shine II w/ Blues, WASD Keyboard v1 w/ Browns, Leopold FC200R Tacticle Touch, White Filco Majestouch-2 TKL Click Action, Ducky DK9008G2 PRO Dark Grey Version PBT w/ Clears, Realforce 87U Tenkeyless 45g White/Grey

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 20:30:21 »
Just go to GuangHua Digital Plaza. There are plenty of shops around there that carry Filcos and Duckies.

Offline exousia7

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 20:55:45 »
You'll find both in Taiwan but there will be a lot more Ducky keyboards available compared to Filco.

Offline TreeSc2

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 07:40:41 »
I wish I was going.. I really want a ducky shine 2 tenkeyless blue switch (dont matter which backlit color) .. I have a white filco tk with browns, but I realized i like the keyboard and the blues alot better.

Offline aznsilvrboy

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 11:20:49 »
I just came back from Taipei and I didn't see any Filcos in Guanghua Digital Plaza, only Ducky. But Keyboard King which is in the near vicinity sells Filco. Full size is NT$4500 (~$150US). The place is quite hard to find as it is in some small street and behind a dumpling stand (something like that).

http://kbk.tw/

E-Mail : kingkeyboard@hotmail.com TEL: (02)23587911 地址 : 100 台北市八德路一段82巷9弄18號

No.18, Aly. 9, Ln. 82, Sec. 1, Bade Rd., Zhongzheng Dist., Taipei City, Taiwan
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 May 2013, 11:22:23 by aznsilvrboy »

Offline kaiserreich

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 12:06:05 »
There is also a keyboard seller just a few units away from the Black Cat Courier.
It is located along Bade Road, and you can see Ducky's Office not far from there.
I've found FILCO, Ducky and Realforce in there.

Or you can try to visit ArmyGroup. They have FILCOs and Realforces for sale.
The entrance is pretty hard to get into, but if you ask the guard at the ground floor, he should be able to guide you right in.

It is right across the street from Guanghua digital plaza, on a corner lot just above a courier service office.
Right across the street is pretty subjective though. I recalled having to walk across 2 or 3 streets to reach there.

ArmyGroup Address
台北市松江路二號二樓之五

Second Floor, unit 5, SongJiang Rd, Taipei City

By the way, Ducky's office is located along Bade Road. The Songjiang road address seems to be the older one.
You can try to get a Google streetview of the location anyway if you want to learn your way around before going there.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 May 2013, 12:08:07 by kaiserreich »

Offline BlueMica

• 1994 RX-7 R2 GT35R 500+AWHP 2004 Subaru STI GT45R
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 18 May 2013, 20:20:33 »
Chinese stores usually tend to inflate their prices, so I hope you're good at the Chinese's favorite past time and get a good price on the keyboard.
Noppoo Choc Mini Black POM Cherry MX Red | Filco MJ1 Cherry MX Blue | Realforce 87U "EK-Edition" |1989 IBM SSK | Filco Ninja Cherry MX Brown | Filco Zero TKL

Offline tns

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 21 June 2013, 00:02:49 »
There is also a keyboard seller just a few units away from the Black Cat Courier.
It is located along Bade Road, and you can see Ducky's Office not far from there.
I've found FILCO, Ducky and Realforce in there.

Or you can try to visit ArmyGroup. They have FILCOs and Realforces for sale.
The entrance is pretty hard to get into, but if you ask the guard at the ground floor, he should be able to guide you right in.

It is right across the street from Guanghua digital plaza, on a corner lot just above a courier service office.
Right across the street is pretty subjective though. I recalled having to walk across 2 or 3 streets to reach there.

ArmyGroup Address
台北市松江路二號二樓之五

Second Floor, unit 5, SongJiang Rd, Taipei City

By the way, Ducky's office is located along Bade Road. The Songjiang road address seems to be the older one.
You can try to get a Google streetview of the location anyway if you want to learn your way around before going there.
Where is bade road? Is it in Taipei ?

Offline Sniping

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 21 June 2013, 00:29:14 »
There was a Cherry MX switch tester in one of the stores at the new Guanghua, it's a good opportunity to try greens and clears if you haven't already.

Offline kaiserreich

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 21 June 2013, 12:52:44 »
Bade (pronounced as 'butter' road) , is located close to the guanghua mall that everyone is talking about here.

Offline tns

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 10:56:22 »
I've been to guanghua and saw a duckchannel office which was closed on week ends

But I heard from a store their place is in south Taiwan...
And also told me to get to a website : http://www.inpad.com.tw/

Well I don't know it was only my first day

Did not see a lot of RealForce though

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 22:20:43 »
Try B18 (on Ba'De road, same side as the digital plaza) or Autobuy's 823 (across the street from B18. Look for the street light, go in toward the hi-life. It is on the right)

Offline aznsilvrboy

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 22:39:57 »
Chinese stores usually tend to inflate their prices, so I hope you're good at the Chinese's favorite past time and get a good price on the keyboard.

Yeah, except this is Taiwan, not China. Taiwanese store prices for these keyboards are all similar, maybe differ by a few hundred NT$ at most ($10). You also can't really haggle in Taiwan these days. Even at regular price in Taiwan, it's still cheaper than whatever you can get outside of Taiwan (US, Europe, Australia, whatever).

Bade (pronounced as 'butter' road) , is located close to the guanghua mall that everyone is talking about here.

Bade is actually just pronounced Ba-de, not butter (where did the t sound come from?) and to tns, yes it's in Taipei.
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 June 2013, 22:43:23 by aznsilvrboy »

Offline kaiserreich

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 22:59:34 »

Yeah, except this is Taiwan, not China. Taiwanese store prices for these keyboards are all similar, maybe differ by a few hundred NT$ at most ($10). You also can't really haggle in Taiwan these days. Even at regular price in Taiwan, it's still cheaper than whatever you can get outside of Taiwan (US, Europe, Australia, whatever).

Bade is actually just pronounced Ba-de, not butter (where did the t sound come from?) and to tns, yes it's in Taipei.

It's the closest pronunciation that I can find for the non Mandarin speakers.
Spelling out Ba-de without a context, someone might read it as something else altogether.

Sure, you can type out the letter and put it into google translator to listen how it is pronounced, but it would not be easy as just finding an English word that sounds close.
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 June 2013, 23:06:04 by kaiserreich »

Offline tns

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 01:59:58 »
Try B18 (on Ba'De road, same side as the digital plaza) or Autobuy's 823 (across the street from B18. Look for the street light, go in toward the hi-life. It is on the right)
For realforce or ducky?

I think I've found a convenient store for duckies.. As for RealForce I've like one model in 3 stores which were almost the same (I guess)

-/-

Did not asked sellers yet but..
Another big question : what if I want ducky backlight key caps ?
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 June 2013, 02:16:13 by tns »

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 02:48:14 »
Doesn't matter. Ducky is the distributor of Realforce in Taiwan.

Autobuy may have Shine caps.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 03:47:28 »
Hi there! I had the same question a few days ago (litterally), and I found Ducky's official registered resellers in Taiwan.

Here's their list:
http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/tw/partners.html

I bought my Ducky 9087 G2 Pro LE Clear & Brown switch keyboard at "原價屋電腦有限公司(八德二店) at 台北市八德路一段 82 巷 3 號 " which is a new location cause their other location in Guanghua shopping mall didn't have much variety.
If I recall correctly, they had Cherry, Filco, Ducky and maybe Realforce keyboards. They also had the Shine 2 78 Version on display and a Cherry switch tester.
Came with some free Autobuy MX Blue keychains too :D
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 June 2013, 04:04:20 by Zeal »
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline tns

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 06:53:50 »
oh hmmm I'm kind of lost, is b18 a store name?

do Autobuy got on street shops?
台北市市民大道三段 8 號光華數位新天地 5 樓 49 室 - 52 室
oh ok I'll take a look!
edit :
but on their website I only see two kind of keycaps which are...
http://www.autobuy.tw/pc/pro_info.php?id=24578
http://www.autobuy.tw/pc/pro_info.php?id=24582

Hi there! I had the same question a few days ago (litterally), and I found Ducky's official registered resellers in Taiwan.

Here's their list:
http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/tw/partners.html

I bought my Ducky 9087 G2 Pro LE Clear & Brown switch keyboard at "原價屋電腦有限公司(八德二店) at 台北市八德路一段 82 巷 3 號 " which is a new location cause their other location in Guanghua shopping mall didn't have much variety.
If I recall correctly, they had Cherry, Filco, Ducky and maybe Realforce keyboards. They also had the Shine 2 78 Version on display and a Cherry switch tester.
Came with some free Autobuy MX Blue keychains too :D
http://maps.google.com.tw/maps?client=safari&rls=en&q=台北市八德路一段%2082%20巷%203%20號&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=zh-TW&sa=N&tab=wl

yep I saw their Duckies, but they maybe don't have RealForce on test sample...
actually I asked another place which told me they don't provide test for Realforces but only got one model...
I'll ask them again for RealForces...

Oh they got Filcos too :o ? cool I'll have to ask them
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 June 2013, 08:08:38 by tns »

Offline aznsilvrboy

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 13:45:51 »
oh hmmm I'm kind of lost, is b18 a store name?

do Autobuy got on street shops?
台北市市民大道三段 8 號光華數位新天地 5 樓 49 室 - 52 室
oh ok I'll take a look!
edit :
but on their website I only see two kind of keycaps which are...
http://www.autobuy.tw/pc/pro_info.php?id=24578
http://www.autobuy.tw/pc/pro_info.php?id=24582

http://maps.google.com.tw/maps?client=safari&rls=en&q=台北市八德路一段%2082%20巷%203%20號&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=zh-TW&sa=N&tab=wl

yep I saw their Duckies, but they maybe don't have RealForce on test sample...
actually I asked another place which told me they don't provide test for Realforces but only got one model...
I'll ask them again for RealForces...

Oh they got Filcos too :o ? cool I'll have to ask them

Yes, B18 is the store name. They're located at 八德路一段35號1樓 (1 F, No.35, Sect.1, Ba-de Rd, Zhongzheng Dist.,Taipei City). Auto Buy is an internet store only. You can buy Ducky backlight keycaps from Inpad which in Tainan or PC Party which has locations in Kaohsiung, Taichung and Taoyuan County.

http://www.inpad.com.tw/goods.php?s_cat=0&s_keyword=%E9%80%8F%E5%85%89abs&x=-990&y=-20&act=search
http://www.pcstore.com.tw/pcparty/HM/search.htm?store_k_word=JUU5JTgwJThGJUU1JTg1JTg5&slt_supk_option=1&inexh=P000075
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 June 2013, 13:52:59 by aznsilvrboy »

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 23:45:31 »
Autobuy has stalls in the main Digital plaza building, as well as 823 (right across from 原價屋)

Offline tns

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 06:20:39 »

Thank you again :)

I've asked that greeny gaming store I guess it's named Autobuy xD
They don't have backlight keycaps, but if ducky starts to sell white and pink they may order it... maybe x')
edit : I guess I again got confused with 823 haha
Thank you again xD
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 June 2013, 07:17:51 by tns »