Author Topic: O-rings  (Read 965 times)

Offline Mysteric

• Formerly 'Mackem'
O-rings
« on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 05:53:36 »
OK, so I want some o-rings for my Filco MJ2 MX Browns to reduce the noise a bit but not the typing feel. Where is the cheapest place for me to get them? With me ordering from the UK, the WASD ones would cost me £15, but I'm not sure if I can get them any cheaper?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: O-rings
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 06:20:11 »
Amazon, McMasterCarr, and your local orthodontist's office might work. :D

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 07:19:59 »
OK, so I want some o-rings for my Filco MJ2 MX Browns to reduce the noise a bit but not the typing feel. Where is the cheapest place for me to get them? With me ordering from the UK, the WASD ones would cost me £15, but I'm not sure if I can get them any cheaper?

Got some on amazon for little less than 2$ for a bag of 100. They are 70A and do not change the feeling type that much, but it is more quiet and a little smoother indeed.
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline Mysteric

• Formerly 'Mackem'
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 07:43:37 »
I'm not really sure what to look for on Amazon UK or whether to just get the WASD ones (Looking at the 40A-L).

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 07:45:54 »
I'm not really sure what to look for on Amazon UK or whether to just get the WASD ones (Looking at the 40A-L).

Don't know if it would help you in the UK or not but I noticed yesterday WASD has them in their Ebay store also.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cherry-MX-Keycap-Rubber-O-Ring-Switch-Dampeners-40A-L-125pcs-/111048990326?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19db091e76

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 07:46:27 »
Imsto also offers them. I think his prices are better than some of the options mentioned, but I am not sure how much you would be charged for shipping since they would be shipped from outside the US.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 08:52:24 »
McMaster-Carr and other industrial suppliers usually sell very hard rings in the 70-90 range.

I like them as soft as possible, 40-50.

Imsto charges about $3 per set with $10 shipping to US for 1 or more sets. Buy several and save!
"It's 110, but it doesn't feel it to me, right. If anybody goes down. Everybody was so worried yesterday about you and they never mentioned me. I'm up here sweating like a dog. They don’t think about me. This is hard work.
Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me. We need every voter. I don't care about you. I just want your vote. I don't care."
- Donald Trump - Las Vegas 2024-06-09