Author Topic: 10 German 122-key Model M Keyboards  (Read 1416 times)

Offline BlueBär

10 German 122-key Model M Keyboards
« on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 13:03:08 »
Just stumbled across this on eBay while searching for a Model F:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/IBM-Tastatur-P-N-1394312-fur-Terminal-3477-3487-keine-PC-Tastatur-/140949717860?pt=DE_Computing_Tastaturen_Keypads&hash=item20d1420364
It says 10 available but I think on those G84s it said that as well so I don't know if the seller has more.

I can serve you as a proxy but I am not sure if thats allowed (or if you want to trust me) since I have less than 60 posts, but on DT there are a few Germans who could do it as well.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: 10 German 122-key Model M Keyboards
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 14:25:20 »
The price is high.

But I would pay $15 for a set of F1-F24 key caps.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 20:45:27 »
Nah, no need to buy from Europe! Blaubaer's offer should go to Europeans so they don't have to ship from USA.

You want f1-24 keycaps? recycledgoods.com in USA already has lots of 122-key terminals in different languages

(no, I'm not advertizing for them; they DO NOT offer good deals. they just offer available deals - ie can just buyitnow if you don't want to wait.)

The price is high.

Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 07:05:07 »
I think Model Ms are a lot more rare than they are in the US, and in Germany seeing them reach prices over 40€ is normal and over 50€ still not unusual (see attached), so for Germany this price is amazing. Also you barely see the 122 key models for sale here so thats why I posted it.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 10:24:49 »
come to think of it, I do have f1-f24 keycaps that I don't intend to use. (I'm going to use colour coding)

but the great irony is that I am shipping a terminal from the US to my country. So if I were to sell you these, you'll wind up paying shipping back to the US. Won't be as cheap as priority mail domestically, so I suggest you contact recycled goods because these guys really have piles of vintage stuff. (As I said, they ain't cheap, but for $15 I think they will be willing to pull off the keycaps for you.)

The price is high.

Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.