Author Topic: Hi There!  (Read 1197 times)

Offline Paspie

Hi There!
« on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 10:47:42 »
Well it recently occurred to me that I can save some desk space by purchasing an external keyboard, which would mean I would be able to move my laptop off my desk. Naturally though, I'm not prepared to skimp on appliances :D, and I'm really after a fairly low-end Mechanical Keyboard with either MX Blue or MX Brown switches. I don't do enough serious gaming to justify any more than that. I am probably going to scrap the MX Brown thing anyway because from the looks of things there's not a huge amount of stock of them, making alot of keyboards either pricier or harder to find.

Right now I'm eyeing a Keycool 87 with MX Blue, which including shipping would be about £60 shipped to the UK. I've heard that the Noppoo and HPE keyboards unfortunately suffer from laser printing that wears out over time, and I'd personally not want that to happen to mine. I'm not really interested in the modification side of things, just want a nice keyboard to type on that will also make lives easier for others who may also be using it with me.

I've been interested in the entire subject before, just never had the resources to accomplish it. Hopefully now I can actually get it through and...stuff. I also really like the idea of Trackball mice, though thats less urgent than the keyboard really for me.

Sorry for the really long-winded sentences! There'll probably be alot more of this to come. :(
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 May 2013, 10:58:17 by Paspie »

Offline F u r u y á

Re: Hi There!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 19:39:13 »
Hi and welcome!

Keycool 87 seems to be nice choice considering it has a version that comes with PBT keycaps (a lot more durable than ABS)!
Filco 91 | Filco 87* | Filco 105 | PLU 87 | PLU 87 | Cherry 120 | Cherry 120

Offline Paspie

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 16:22:20 »
Oh my god. I don't normally feel this excited inside, but I am anyway. I don't normally buy brand new stuff, especially for this price and category, but I went for it. I've got a mild amount of adrenalin right now, not the least because I've got very little of my pocket money to spare.

Fortunately my dad was comfortable in lending me back £10 of the £60 the board cost, just to relax things a little bit. I never suggested that to him though, so I'm very grateful. It is the Keycool 87 I mentioned in my first post, complete with MX Blue switches and PBT caps. When I leave secondary school next month this will make my freetime so much easier and pleasurable. Touch wood, I won't have too many other interest bases that require too much cash resources. Right now, there is nothing else I'm desperate to buy. I'm going to invest in Bitcoin soon, and if by chance we have another bubble I can pay off the expense a bit.

Stay tuned for more info...

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 16:36:43 »
I hope you really like it! I love Blues.