Author Topic: keyboard to compete with DK9008?  (Read 919 times)

Offline admiralvorian

• DIY
keyboard to compete with DK9008?
« on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 13:32:03 »
After having both a Pure and a BW Ultimate, I am really liking the look of the full-size ducky shine 2. It's compact and still has tenkey, whereas pretty much every other full-size keyboard I can find has a godawful case that takes up twice the space (see Deck/Das)

Is there anything out there that has a similar profile to the DK9008 and maybe even has an aluminum case? What are your favorites 104-Key boards?
Darude Status:
☐ Not Sandstorm
☑ Sandstorm                                               wts wtt wtb

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
Re: keyboard to compete with DK9008?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 14:28:20 »
Corsair K70 just became available on NCIX today: http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=82423

It has an aluminum case and backlighting which seems to be something you enjoy. In the specifications they now specifically mention that it is fully mechanical whereas the K60 and K90 before it were a mix of mechanical and rubber dome. Might be worth doing a bit more digging/asking about it to make sure though.
Layout: Colemak
Fastest typing speed: 131 WPM on typeracer, 136 WPM on 10fastfingers.
Daily driver: Filco Tenkeyless MX Brown with ergonomically weighted, lubed springs.
Ergo keyboards: Truly Ergonomic, Kinesis Advantage, Ergodox

Offline admiralvorian

• DIY
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 17:19:54 »
backlighting is sort of irrelevant especially when it comes to pbt keycaps. The k70 looks alright but it's still got unnecessary junk like that scroll wheel on the top right. Come to think of it, I've never seen a full-size board with an aluminum case. Maybe I should just get a filco TKL and a little USB tenkey?
Darude Status:
☐ Not Sandstorm
☑ Sandstorm                                               wts wtt wtb

Offline Spokoman

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 11:19:26 »
I have the DK9008 full with clears and I really love it. However, my keyboard drawer is really small, so I'll probably sell the full as I already switched to a TKL version. But to me Ducky is awesome. Personal opinion tho.
Ducky Shine II Blue LED Brown Switches
CM QF TK Red LED Red Switches

Offline TreeSc2

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 15:51:12 »
I'm still looking for a ducky.