Author Topic: Heya, friends got me into this a while ago... :/  (Read 1877 times)

Offline pandather

• Formerly gopanthersgo1
  • Hello, I'm Mark.
Heya, friends got me into this a while ago... :/
« on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 12:20:16 »
Heya,
So I'm Mark, I have a tkl Ducky Shine 2 with white LEDs and MX Blue keys.  I wish I would've gotten a PCB mount so I could try different keys and springs/stems, but I didn't... Any recs?  Also, I have ~$130 and will most likely spend $30 on the Portal V2 PBT key set.  Does anyone have the link to the original group buy?  I've Googled to no avail. :(  Also, I kind of want an ultra small KB like the Poker or Pure (ooooorrrr the HHKB2 :p), but it'd need to be PCB mount.
Very best,

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
Re: Heya, friends got me into this a while ago... :/
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 12:22:38 »
Welcome, im afraid the original Group buy finished a long long time ago. You'll have to scrounge for one on the classifieds. Good Luck, Have Fun!
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline pandather

• Formerly gopanthersgo1
  • Hello, I'm Mark.
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 13:23:54 »
Welcome, im afraid the original Group buy finished a long long time ago. You'll have to scrounge for one on the classifieds. Good Luck, Have Fun!
yup, I'm getting the set for $31 on the classified section, just was wondering if there was a thread with some more pictures.  Also, what's the difference between PBT and the other type of key? Is PBT more rough than my ducky?  And where could I get a poker? I heard they have firmware issues, so could you mod a different controller board on it?
Very best,

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 09:05:20 »
Welcome to Geekhack! Zenuty is selling a few Poker PCBs if you want to get on that DIY train. I also expect some more used Pokers to show up once GH60s arrive.

Offline pandather

• Formerly gopanthersgo1
  • Hello, I'm Mark.
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 07:56:31 »
Welcome to Geekhack! Zenuty is selling a few Poker PCBs if you want to get on that DIY train. I also expect some more used Pokers to show up once GH60s arrive.
welp, bought a modded QFR with greens and a custom plate.  Also, I might trade my DK9087 for a Pure with reds, does that seem fair?  I could just sell the ducky and buy a poker though, I like DIY.

Offline pandather

• Formerly gopanthersgo1
  • Hello, I'm Mark.
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 22:00:06 »
Getting the pure... Damn hobby.  Also, got some Korean springs. Now for lube and metal caps... :p  super light reds!

Offline dndlmx

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 22:13:14 »
How much lighter does it make them?

Offline pandather

• Formerly gopanthersgo1
  • Hello, I'm Mark.
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 22:18:36 »
How much lighter does it make them?
neither have come in yet, just dreaming. ;)