Author Topic: My sensei has arrived :D  (Read 7398 times)

Offline Hour

My sensei has arrived :D
« on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 14:34:54 »
Hi all,
I haven't posted on  this section of GH yet, but i figured I would because my mouse I have been dying to acquire for a year now is here!
I was previously using a RAT7 mouse, and before that a RAT5. I did buy a Razer Deathadder before this mouse, but I gave it away in an SC2 showmatch between two of my friends as a prize. Well, here it is! Also, let me know what colors you use on yours if you have one! Thanks!!  ;D

Offline linziyi

• The one with many questions
Re: My sensei has arrived :D
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 15:51:19 »
Very nice looking mouse... I was going top pick up a sensei raw, but decided to stick with my old mouse (made by gigabyte, forgot name)
Ducky DK9008G2 Pro

"Much to learn you still have" --Yoda

Offline Hour

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 15:54:08 »
Very nice looking mouse... I was going top pick up a sensei raw, but decided to stick with my old mouse (made by gigabyte, forgot name)
Believe me, I got attached to my old mouse after a while and it ended up hurting me. It's really good to switch, trust me!  ^-^

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 16:11:03 »
Very nice, impatiently awaiting the arrival of my Sensei Raw rubberised myself  ;D
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline Hour

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 16:29:54 »
Nice, let me know how it is!  ;D

Offline Ominorvas

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 01:56:52 »

Is it the M6900 or M6980?

I have an m6900, served me nicely for about 4 years now, been considering upgrading to a deathadder as the sensor on my Gigabyte is starting to die I think.

Offline keeganzero

• huhu
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 27 May 2013, 03:13:30 »
Look shiny. I love the cool looking LED logo they put on those.
Boards: F1-88, R1 KFE, IDB60, Cypher, HHKB Pro 2 Type-S, RF 87UW55, G80-1800, CM QFR

Offline Sorun

• Chitos
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 13:44:42 »
Thinking of picking one of these up, my MX518 is long gone after 5 years of bashing and my new g400 and g500 just don't feel right. Also I really love the LEDs on the sensei.

Offline typo

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 19:52:34 »
I think this rodent is awesome. unfortunately, as everyone knows by now it would not agree with my machine. I thought I might try the mlg edition with the 9800 sensor. I just don't dig the mlg logo so much.

I had a question though if anyone knows. how does this manage 1 dpi steps? the 9500 is 90 and the 9800 is 200. unless it is a custom sensor or firmware. or, it is not really one dpi.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 20:03:36 »
I think this rodent is awesome. unfortunately, as everyone knows by now it would not agree with my machine. I thought I might try the mlg edition with the 9800 sensor. I just don't dig the mlg logo so much.

I had a question though if anyone knows. how does this manage 1 dpi steps? the 9500 is 90 and the 9800 is 200. unless it is a custom sensor or firmware. or, it is not really one dpi.

Could be that they've either pimped the firmware or that they're doing something similar to Razer's Synapse; interpolating sensitivity and dpi, meaning once you try setting it to a dpi step that doesn't exist it picks the closes dpi and then adjusts sensitivity to simulate the desired dpi.

But can you really adjust the dpi by 1 at a time? I can't recall since it's been a while since I've had to adjust the dpi on my Sensei.

Offline typo

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 20:17:02 »
yeah the sensei and even the xai go 1 dpi at a time. that is cool but not really necessary of course. overall the thing has more adjustments than any mouse I know. I am guessing though that a lot of pro's leave exact aim and such at zero. I think they customize the firmware or choose to unlock options. I kind of doubt it "really" goes one dpi. I also doubt any one could tell. still very cool.

Offline Lbeuol

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 02:23:25 »
I have a sensei also and really wished I got the rubberized version, but it blows away the razer I had before.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 03:43:05 »
I love the Sensei shape, and it is the sexiest mouse out there in terms of looks imo.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 05:06:16 »
I love the Sensei shape, and it is the sexiest mouse out there in terms of looks imo.

Slightly unimportant and off-topic; but as much as I love the looks of the Sensei I have to say it's beaten by the Lachesis Refresh, that is one sleek looking mofo.

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 10:04:34 »
There is a Lachesis Refresh? Or did you mean the Taipan? I do agree the Lachesis (before the Taipan came out) was a very slick mouse, though, indeed.

Also, didn't anyone experience cramping with the Steel Series Sensei? I tried it for a couple of weeks, but I could never get used to the grip, cause it gave me cramps... anyone else experience the same?

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 10:12:11 »
There is a Lachesis Refresh? Or did you mean the Taipan? I do agree the Lachesis (before the Taipan came out) was a very slick mouse, though, indeed.

Also, didn't anyone experience cramping with the Steel Series Sensei? I tried it for a couple of weeks, but I could never get used to the grip, cause it gave me cramps... anyone else experience the same?

A while back they launched a reboot of the Lachesis, with multicolour LEDs and the lighting just looking far better than any other mouse so far, but unfortunately they also swapped the sensor with a PTE one. I think it looks fantastic, though. I'll probably put out some pics of mine with my mouse guide once it's finished.

Edit: speaking of photos, the Sensei isn't very photogenic as the LED colour burns out fairly easily in pictures.

Offline WONDERBRIGHT

• Steelseries !
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 07:55:26 »
Nice ! I think i need to buy this mouse too ! it's so cool :D

Offline velvetdon25

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 01:06:12 »
Check out the Zowie FK as it's the closes alternative to a Sensei.

Offline SeriouSSpotS

• 60% is love, 60% is life
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 14:28:04 »
Hi all,
I haven't posted on  this section of GH yet, but i figured I would because my mouse I have been dying to acquire for a year now is here!
I was previously using a RAT7 mouse, and before that a RAT5. I did buy a Razer Deathadder before this mouse, but I gave it away in an SC2 showmatch between two of my friends as a prize. Well, here it is! Also, let me know what colors you use on yours if you have one! Thanks!!  ;D

Looks real good, been looking at one of these for a while,
QFR - MX black   |   Poker X - Panda Clears   |   Poker 2 - MX blue

Offline pr1me

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 03:50:58 »
Mine was purple colored too, but i had different color for each profile ( purple for desktop,red for battlefield 3, blue for diablo 3 etc)

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 04:29:39 »
I have the MLG but I think raw would have been better.
SmallFry! <3

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 16:21:12 »
THAT'S A NICE LOOKING MOUSE YOU GOT THERE
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline flaming_june

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 18:12:01 »
Has it started peeling off yet?  It has for mine just days after I got it.  But years later I still stuck with it.  Now the SS logo is pretty much all gone.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 03:43:24 »
Has it started peeling off yet?  It has for mine just days after I got it.  But years later I still stuck with it.  Now the SS logo is pretty much all gone.

That sucks my sensi raw (the rubber version) still looks like new and I've had it for a few months now.

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 08:41:23 »

That sucks my sensi raw (the rubber version) still looks like new and I've had it for a few months now.

If it ever starts to become weary just rub it with a wetnap and let it dry it'll become as new.

Anyway i don't understand why people are not getting the not-RAW version of this mouse; Metal shell is incredibly better imo.
See my blog here : https://delitech.live

Poker II - Brown MX

Ducky One II TKL - Silver MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 08:43:07 »

If it ever starts to become weary just rub it with a wetnap and let it dry it'll become as new.

Anyway i don't understand why people are not getting the not-RAW version of this mouse; Metal shell is incredibly better imo.

You mean the full Sensi Pro? I went with RAW becasue I prefer rubber to the metal shell, but I also wanted as light a mouse as possible. The Sensi Pro has mostly pointless/meaningless features that only add weight.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 08:43:30 »

It's not metal, just shiny plastic. I'd be in on a GB for actual metal replacement shells tho.

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 08:47:25 »
So rubber aint no good?
SmallFry! <3

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 08:48:21 »
So rubber aint no good?

It's always better RAW ;)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 14:38:58 »
So rubber aint no good?

I've got the rubber one, I love it.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline xandr

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 16 August 2013, 04:00:07 »
I bought the [RAW] in glossy for work the other day. While I don't like it as much as I like the Logitech Performance MX (M950) I have at home, it's still a great mouse and definitely lightyears better than the Dell mouse the company gave me.

Lights have been disabled though since the company isn't too keen about personal hardware and the less flashy it is the less likely it's to be noticed. :)
Sprit 60% w/MX Clear in DuckMini V2 case | Matias Quiet Pro (office)

Offline Calcifar

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 16:13:38 »
I have a sensei also and really wished I got the rubberized version, but it blows away the razer I had before.

I own a rubber - Xai.   After a while, its not so nice to have that rubber :P

I used to think thats dirt on my mouse. Nope, just rubber coming off.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 16:18:39 »
I use Razer one with same color scheme as yours, for the swarm!!!
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline theMANtonio

• Go Hawks
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 15:53:43 »
Sensei Raw Rubberized is perfect for me. I tend to get sweaty palms with even light browsing and typing (no gaming/long typing sessions at home really).

I got the blinking light error the other night, but re-installing the SteelSeries Engine (then un-installing) worked like a charm on Mac OS X. I prefer SteerMouse for shortcuts/controls.  :thumb: