Author Topic: New programmable Deck Legend  (Read 1523 times)

Offline dante

New programmable Deck Legend
« on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 21:56:40 »

Thoughts?

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
Re: New programmable Deck Legend
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 21:59:59 »
usually deck's boards are pretttyyyy ugly

those LED effects are awesome i have to say.
not sure if i would want that for myself, but that would be cool to try out

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 22:03:18 »
Oh cool, a review in Cantonese ^__^

And those effects look incredible. I  wonder if we could get a Teensy and a Ducky to do the same thing...

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 22:03:41 »
Now if only they'd get rid of that ugly ass font, then all would be well.

Those lighting options look nice though and at least they trimmed down the size of the keyboard itself. Maybe their next model after this will do something about the key cap font?
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline jabar

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 00:30:24 »
Having acquired a used Deck Legend recently... I do like the extremely sturdy (and big) PBT case of the current series.

It seems that Deck is really going after Ducky with its new LED options. Hell that keyboard looks like a Ducky with the completely overhauled case profile. It is surprising though that TG3 has waited until 2013 with easy availability of Asian LED keyboards on the US market (Ducky, Vortex, Keycool...).

As for keycaps, if the two-piece keycaps aren't an issue, they are the best backlit caps available.

What I'm most curious about is the price. The current antiquated Legend line still ask $180-ish for the 105... I can't imagine that a new revamped Deck will be priced more than that unless they want to be railroaded by $130 range Duckys and cheaper yet Keycools.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 May 2013, 00:32:15 by jabar »
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit