Author Topic: Ducky laser engraved keycaps?  (Read 2789 times)

Offline Bazmatronic

• TKLaxx
Ducky laser engraved keycaps?
« on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 03:16:07 »
Can anyone tell me if the keycaps on my stock Ducky Shine 2 are laser engraved and then infilled?  I've got the DK9087 Shine 2 TKL which has black caps with white symbols, and LED backlighting.
Ducky Shine 2 TKL DK9087S2-CUKALG MX Blue Green LED

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
Re: Ducky laser engraved keycaps?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 03:47:37 »
Can anyone tell me if the keycaps on my stock Ducky Shine 2 are laser engraved and then infilled?  I've got the DK9087 Shine 2 TKL which has black caps with white symbols, and LED backlighting.

They are Double layer laser, engraved keycaps.

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 04:06:55 »

They are Double layer laser, engraved keycaps.

this^ :) If you pop one off you'll notice that they're actually clear/frosty ABS underneath
HHKB Type-S 55g - FC660M - FC210TP

Offline Bazmatronic

• TKLaxx
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 14 May 2013, 05:06:53 »
I just found this description re the Ducky caps:

"...laser foam technology, which means that the black keycaps are added with special ABS materials. When the laser burner touches the keycaps' surface, in addition to the depression created, heated white bubbles fill the entire groove where the depression was made by the laser. This makes the white in the keycap very accentuated. However, by using this kind of keycap, the disadvantage is that playing for a long time may scale the colours due to the user's hand leaving prints."
Ducky Shine 2 TKL DK9087S2-CUKALG MX Blue Green LED