Author Topic: Any full size boards with mx whites?  (Read 1507 times)

Offline jksteger

Any full size boards with mx whites?
« on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 06:45:09 »
Anyone know where to find one. MK has a few Pures and a Race with them but no TKL or full size.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Any full size boards with mx whites?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 06:50:32 »
I think theres a Keycool board that can be found on TaoBao that is a TKL with Whites. But I can't remember the model name.

Offline jksteger

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 06:58:03 »
CPT how do you like the whites compared to the Matias alp switches and mx blues. The blues seem too 'light' of a touch and I hate the high pitched click. Does the whites require a little more force and have a quieter click sound as described?  Sorry, I cannot find any videos that has a good sound of the whites.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 07:02:10 »
The keycool is a special edition 108 key keyboard. I've tried finding it a few times and I believe someone here may have linked to it once but most of the ones I have ran across were not clear if they really had white switches or not.

I really want to try out white switches also.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 07:39:33 »
CPT how do you like the whites compared to the Matias alp switches and mx blues. The blues seem too 'light' of a touch and I hate the high pitched click. Does the whites require a little more force and have a quieter click sound as described?  Sorry, I cannot find any videos that has a good sound of the whites.

Check out this review I wrote on all the switch types I've tried so far. If that doesn't answer your questions, I'd be happy to discuss this with your further ^__^

Offline jksteger

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 09:16:37 »

Check out this review I wrote on all the switch types I've tried so far. If that doesn't answer your questions, I'd be happy to discuss this with your further ^__^

Thanks CPTBadAss.  That post pretty much covers everything.  I'm not sure the White MX are for me.  You said that the whites were a little stiffer than the blacks and I hate the blacks but it may be due to the fact that they are linear and I prefer tactile keys.  I guess I could always replace the springs with black springs.

I think I may spring for one of the Pures or Race with white switches from MK but really wished I could find a fullsize b/c I'm rarely away from my desk and like the spread out keys in little "sections".

again thanks

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 09:20:39 »
Just in case I missed it, Whites are clicky. But I'm glad that post helps. Good luck with your hunt!

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 09:28:12 »
http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=379

:D

On their Facebook page, they said that the switches in this board were actually MX Clears. The translation of Milky and Clear switches was confused. I'm not sure if they ever fixed the mix up on their website.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 09:29:23 »
Definitely Clears, based on this picture.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 09:30:08 »
http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=379

:D

On their Facebook page, they said that the switches in this board were actually MX Clears. The translation of Milky and Clear switches was confused. I'm not sure if they ever fixed the mix up on their website.
Nooooooooo. I totally forgot about that. Yes I'm pretty sure these are clears, because they changed the other Ducky's as well. :[

Oh well. Now you've made me feel better since they are out of stock xD

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 13:29:24 »
I believe Leopold makes a fullsize with clears.
KM4COL    R.I.P.  SmallFry

Offline clakdale661

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 15:59:10 »
Does anyone type on normal mx white switches without any mods? If so, how does it feel? I haven't seen a board with mx whites we can buy. I wish CM quickfire would come in whites, since they are going to come out with one in clears.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 16:01:43 »
Does anyone type on normal mx white switches without any mods? If so, how does it feel? I haven't seen a board with mx whites we can buy. I wish CM quickfire would come in whites, since they are going to come out with one in clears.

Again, if you go to my previous post in this thread, I wrote an entire review on all the switches I've tried including my Pure with Stock Whites.