Author Topic: Making complicated blue alps into linear ones  (Read 1119 times)

Offline nappi11

• #finnsofgeekhack
Making complicated blue alps into linear ones
« on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 13:20:18 »
Well hey there!

I made an invention few weeks ago. If you open a complicated blue alps switch, remove its metal leaf (this one http://imgur.com/a/elAFF#7) and then assemble the switch without the leaf, the switch will work as linear (at least not clicky anymoar.). Try it out if you want to and post your feelings after the radical operation into this thread :D

I did the operation to my WASD+LShift+LCtrl because of gaming, and now it feels quite funny to type with some switches as clicky and some as linear.

Notes:
- I don't know if I was the first who invented this
- I do not own the picture(s) linked
- Try at your own risk, I am not responsible for broken keyboards or corrupted switches
- Sorry for bad English skills
- I love notes

Have fun

nappi11
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 May 2013, 14:12:23 by nappi11 »
Focus FK-747 A (Complicated Blue Alps) - Compaq RT 235BT (NMB Dome with slider) -  Irish Key Tronic (Rubber dome) - Ducky Mini (Cherry MX Blue) - Dell AT102W (Complicated Black Alps)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
Re: Making complicated blue alps into linear / tactile
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 13:23:38 »
I believe a lot of people love blue Alps, and you're over here making them linear. Way to start the jimmy rustling! :p

Offline nappi11

• #finnsofgeekhack
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 13:28:38 »
I believe a lot of people love blue Alps, and you're over here making them linear. Way to start the jimmy rustling! :p

Oh yes of course also I love its original feeling, but it is quite nice to notice that one and same switch can be either clicky or linear :D
Focus FK-747 A (Complicated Blue Alps) - Compaq RT 235BT (NMB Dome with slider) -  Irish Key Tronic (Rubber dome) - Ducky Mini (Cherry MX Blue) - Dell AT102W (Complicated Black Alps)

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 13:40:20 »
Linear is like pushing down without a bump. Tactile has a bump. :)

Offline nappi11

• #finnsofgeekhack
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 16 May 2013, 14:12:58 »
Linear is like pushing down without a bump. Tactile has a bump. :)

okay, thanks for this!