Author Topic: iPhone hack question  (Read 1933 times)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
iPhone hack question
« on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 06:43:19 »
This is just a quick Q to see if anyone in here can point me in the right direction.
I've jail broken my iphone and have for some time, currently my lock button is broken and I've been looking for a mod that would put a lock button on the notification slider thing.
I've got an app running atm that when I slide aross the status bar gives me some options (lock is one) but it's not perticually elegant and not as easy to access as the notification area.

I've spent a good while looking but there are so many badly labeled lock screen themes it's hard to find what I'm after, anyone able to point me in the right direction??

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
Re: iPhone hack question
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 06:52:42 »
Broken? I would restore the iphone then re-jailbreak it, if it has just stopped working.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 06:53:51 »
I mean this in the most positive way possible lol, but if you want elegant customizations, go buy a Galaxy S4 or some other android device :)

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 07:57:35 »
Broken? I would restore the iphone then re-jailbreak it, if it has just stopped working.
You'd need the power button to put the iPhone into DFU mode for Redsn0w etc.
Also, I don't recall the package in Cydia, but from SBSettings which you described having, I think it is a dependency. You could bind different gestures or button commands to your lock command.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 08:13:22 »
The physical button has become damaged so I'm looking for a good software fix for it.

I mean this in the most positive way possible lol, but if you want elegant customizations, go buy a Galaxy S4 or some other android device :)

The S4 is a hideous device cramed with **** I wont use, I'd rather pick up the new HTC One (?), which I'm considering but the app platform for iOS is so much better atm... and when your invested in a system its hard to cut loose, especially when lots of those apps you use arn't available on android.

I don't hack for the sake of it, I hacked iOS because its pretty bad, there is so many things wrong with it and dumb. So I use the hacks I have to tweak those so iOS works.

You'd need the power button to put the iPhone into DFU mode for Redsn0w etc.
Also, I don't recall the package in Cydia, but from SBSettings which you described having, I think it is a dependency. You could bind different gestures or button commands to your lock command.

I have SBSettings but its not very intuitive, is there a notification plug-in for it I can use that would give me the results I'm after??

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 12:01:59 »
Only other thing I can think off, if your good with your hands the buttons are easy enough to replace.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 13:15:26 »
Ah, yes I recall what it's named now. Look up Activator on Cydia. It allows you to bind different things to your Lock command. You may already have it, as SBSettings uses it as means of gesture support. Check your settings, and you can bind your lock button to a different activation command, such as Volume Down, Down, Up etc.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 13:24:37 »
yeah I have that, but kinda want it in software and not to mess with other buttons etc :P cheers anyway

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 13:27:40 »
You could create a gesture on screen to lock your phone also. I'm not sure of the tweaks anymore. I haven't followed the iOS scene in a while. I'm honestly quite surprised I remembered Activator, TBH.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 14:14:05 »
alright cheers and meh with the gestures becase no doubt some app or game would be like oh you need to do this to-lock