Author Topic: Getting the keycaps back on  (Read 1026 times)

Offline bigboxes

Getting the keycaps back on
« on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 22:45:15 »
Help me out before I lose my mind.  If there is a sticky on this please share the link.  I'm replacing the keycaps on my new Cherry keyboard.  The problem I'm having is with the double/triple wide keys. The caps on the new keyboard are difficult to remove and no matter how gentle I am in removing them I keep taking off the side support attachments.  For the life of me I cannot get these support assemblies back into place to reattach the caps.  Is there a method to reattaching them or a special tool I need?  This is maddening!

Offline okooko

• afk.
Re: Getting the keycaps back on
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 22:47:55 »
Those stabilizer should slot in one opening on one end and clip in on the other end.

I always seem to pop them loose on my spacebar on the pure, all you need to do is clip them back in.

Offline bigboxes

Re: Getting the keycaps back on
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 00:31:13 »
Thanks for the reply.  I guess I just needed some more experience.  The big issue is that the Enter stablizer fits the opposite of the Shift one.  Thanks to some tantrums, blurred vision and repeated attempts at repair I finally think I got the hang of putting them back on.  I was worried I was going to ruin the new keyboard.  Instead, I repaired the old one.