Author Topic: Keyboard with lighting on the front legends  (Read 1061 times)

Offline Lmnr

• The Jack Of All Trades
    • W.W.C.
Keyboard with lighting on the front legends
« on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 12:21:12 »
Something like the Filco ninja but lighted? is there such thing?
Peripherals:
Realforce 87uw with grey caps,Ducky YOTR Blues,Realforce 104ug Hipro,Zowie Am FG,WMO 1.1a,Sidewinder X3

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Keyboard with lighting on the front legends
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 12:43:45 »
I don't think I've ever seen a board like this. The Pure has some caps that have front legends that light up but its not like the Ninja where its all black on top.

Offline Lmnr

• The Jack Of All Trades
    • W.W.C.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 13:29:27 »
Well at least not a keyboard like that but are there keycaps like that?
Peripherals:
Realforce 87uw with grey caps,Ducky YOTR Blues,Realforce 104ug Hipro,Zowie Am FG,WMO 1.1a,Sidewinder X3

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 13:32:03 »
Well at least not a keyboard like that but are there keycaps like that?

I don't think so.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Masterchief79

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 13:34:43 »
Didn't Filco have the patent for front-labeled caps? So no other brand could build such a board, no matter if they use front-printing or make it transparent?
Taiwanese Fake-Model F with MX black copies (1984) | Apple Keyboard (salmon Alps 1987) | G80-1000HDD vintage blacks (1987) | G80-1000HFD vintage blues | G80-1800HFD | QPad MK50 browns | AEK II

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 13:39:38 »
I think that restriction is only in Europe. That's why CM Storm is having issues selling their Stealth QFR there.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 13:55:10 »
I think that restriction is only in Europe. That's why CM Storm is having issues selling their Stealth QFR there.

Yup, it is.  An insane patent if you ask me.  I don't see how that's possible to patent.  It's like Penguin patenting printing on both sides of a page so that no other book manufacturer can do it.  I understand being able to patent a process of doing it, but actually patenting side printing is ridiculous.

Offline Masterchief79

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 14:15:47 »
True and sad, front LED boards would be really cool. Though I believe it would be pretty complicated. When you lasered out the letters for example, you would have to take care of not doing it both on the front and back of the key etc.^^
Actually, I also like completely unlabeled keys a lot, a LED model of this with transparent non-labeled keycaps would be pretty funny... Though the LEDs mustn't be too bright I guess. Dunno if it would look good, but exotic for sure.^^
Taiwanese Fake-Model F with MX black copies (1984) | Apple Keyboard (salmon Alps 1987) | G80-1000HDD vintage blacks (1987) | G80-1000HFD vintage blues | G80-1800HFD | QPad MK50 browns | AEK II