Author Topic: [FS] meeba's keycaps, etc.  (Read 13326 times)

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
Re: [FS] meeba's keycaps, etc.
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 07:44:53 »
Price for shipping to UK on set #9? Very tempting :D also these are MX just to check correct? im still quite new here so prefer to be safe :P

Looks like it should be $24 just for shipping to get them to the UK. That's small flat-rate Priority International, at least. I'll see if I can't knock that number down a bit. These are, indeed, MX. :D
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 22:01:48 »
Hello, friends. I am back! I see nobody is biting at this. That's okay. I know I can get SOMEONE interested with the following news...

I put in my resignation notice at work today. To celebrate freeing myself from the horrors of white-collar culture, I am going to be giving away meebcap set #8! Shipping is free, and this is open to THE WHOLE WORLD. Seriously. It's covered. Everyone who is a Geekhack registered user as of the time this post is made is able to enter this.

How do you enter? Shoot me a PM, title it "MEEBCAPS IN MIAMI," and say something nice about a random Geekhack user. We need more positivity. I'll select a winner through Random.org. The entries will be cut off at 5pm Mountain Time on Monday, January 27.

Once again, everyone who is registered on Geekhack as of the moment this post is submitted is welcome to enter. I will ship worldwide.

Picture of what you will get:

« Last Edit: Thu, 23 January 2014, 22:06:44 by funkymeeba »

meebcats - my bad music

Offline Ghetto Caps

• i make ghetto caps.
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 22:20:04 »
Hello, friends. I am back! I see nobody is biting at this. That's okay. I know I can get SOMEONE interested with the following news...

I put in my resignation notice at work today. To celebrate freeing myself from the horrors of white-collar culture, I am going to be giving away meebcap set #8! Shipping is free, and this is open to THE WHOLE WORLD. Seriously. It's covered. Everyone who is a Geekhack registered user as of the time this post is made is able to enter this.

How do you enter? Shoot me a PM, title it "MEEBCAPS IN MIAMI," and say something nice about a random Geekhack user. We need more positivity. I'll select a winner through Random.org. The entries will be cut off at 5pm Mountain Time on Monday, January 27.

Once again, everyone who is registered on Geekhack as of the moment this post is submitted is welcome to enter. I will ship worldwide.

Picture of what you will get:
Show Image

Show Image

much swag

Visit the Typing Test and try![/sigpic]

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
Re: [FS] meeba's keycaps, etc. - GIVEAWAY IN PROGRESS
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 22:41:45 »
A giveaway!! The Generous Meebs strikes again

enter people!   

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 22:44:56 »
A giveaway!! The Generous Meebs strikes again

enter people!   

Super-generous Meebs!  I've been eyeing that chocolate set so much, but I'm rubbish without legends, if I were to use these on something like a future 40% board.  But I can just see a mini board with those on, looking like a box of chocolates ;)
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 22:49:07 »
Don't worry, Photoelectric! Practice makes perfect. ;D

meebcats - my bad music

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 23 January 2014, 22:53:53 »
P.S.:

/inspiration

Add a KeyPop Coffee cap for Esc :D

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 25 January 2014, 11:01:33 »
Just a reminder that this IS still open, so enter if you have not already!

I can't believe all the nice things you guys have had to say. :D It's nice to see!

meebcats - my bad music

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 18:52:02 »
Alrighty, folks! All entries are in! I'll do a drawing a bit later on tonight to see who the lucky winner is! Do you all want me to post (anonymously) the nice things you have said about others? :O

meebcats - my bad music

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 18:54:02 »
Alrighty, folks! All entries are in! I'll do a drawing a bit later on tonight to see who the lucky winner is! Do you all want me to post (anonymously) the nice things you have said about others? :O

Yes, post :)

Offline lilky

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 18:12:57 »
Yeah post the nice things that people said! Also, who won the giveaway? :D

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 19:05:01 »
Alrighty, here's the list of nice things people said:

• I would say that the most helpful person on geekhack for me anyways has been BunnyLake. Anytime I needed something or had a question he would do his best to help me out, even go out of his way to help me sometimes that is why I pick him.
  • 127001 has a really, really, really great IBM collection. He has almost every IBM board ever made. He even owns IBM boards that he currently can't use with his computer.
  • Much cool person is de Photoelectric, he designed many good metal sheeted acrylic keyboards, hes also the best at painting
  • BINGE IS THE SANDIEST OF ALL BEACHES [editor's note: this one wins Crumpular Mention]
  • BunnyLake seems like such a great guy. He's a very active member of course, but it's more than just that. His posts always add something to the community. Bunny is someone who gives more than he takes, and his actions reflect that. Like running a groupbuy, for instance. Bunny runs the Raindrop groupbuy, which entails a huge responsibility, getting hundreds of orders  ready, making sure everything gets packaged correctly and shipped to the right place. And he's always super helpful to everyone and will answer questions, no matter how stupid they might seem. He even helps out other vendors in the community by vouching for their products! Like yesterday, I was looking at Noko's Leatherworks and someone asked if anyone who'd purchased a custom wrist rest could comment on the quality of the product, and Bunny gave a testimonial about how nice the wrist rest was. Anyway, out of all my time here at GeekHack, a lot of people have stood out as nice people, but I think BunnyLake takes the cake (hehe, see what I did there?)
  • mistakemistake is patient and helpful person.
  • Since you said random user I just scrolled down the main page until the first name I knew popped up, Glod is the happy winner. I have never talked to him but he always has the most amazing cases for his ErgoDox which I am absolutely jealous about. My favourite one was the wood and metal mix which had a nice retro touch to it without being tryhard.
    In his Flickr there's a photo of a nice DIY (?) tube amplifier which I think is awesome as well - I think he is somebody who makes a lot of his stuff himself. He also has a picture of himself there and he looks like a really nice and sympathetic guy.
  • BunnyLake is a super generous and patient fella!
  • CPTBadAss gives great advice and is super friendly!
  • would like to say something kind about Akimbo. Akimbo has recently put out his Blue Alps keyboard for a tour where I got to try Blue Alps switches. It was the first time I got to try Blue Alps and without Akimbo, I don't know if I would ever had the opportunity. Akimbo is a great GH member and is the kind of person that makes my keep coming back to GH.
  • Jixr - I first came across this GH user by looking at the QFR mod threads. He did some amazing work and I contacted him about buying one of his pieces, a short while later he messages me saying it's ready to be bought as he refused to sell for over a month purely because he felt his work wasn't up to scratch for a fellow GHer. By accident he ended up making a small crack in the paint and refused to sell purely because he wouldn't let someone from GH by unfinished or work that isn't up to par by his standards. Compared to some classifieds that would sell dirty or faulty pieces, this guy has just been so honest and nice when it comes to trading and i've got much respect for him.
  • Photoelectric is one of the coolest dudes on the forum. He posts some of the best pictures around, and I'm always excited to see them. He's also got painting skillz.
  • Dorkvader is probably my favorite user here. When he met up with me, he only meant to stay for 45 minutes, but we were having so much fun that he stayed for 2 hours. We talked about Hall Effect, Boltmodding a model M, ripster, Filco ping (and how awful my try at eliminating it was), and too many other things to mention in one PM.
  • Bunnylake is a radical dude. He sold me a game code for Bioshock Infinite and Crysis 3. For only 10 bucks. Infinite is now one of my favorite games.
  • im a big fan of Jdcarpe, i have my lovely little jd40 he made for me and would love some nice dsa caps to pop on this puppy
  • I'd just like to thank nubbinator for welcoming me to this forum.  I am fairly new here and looking at the keycaps he was making and being amazed, I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to purchase the one I was really eyeing due to a pre-sale question contest he had on his thread.  I felt really welcome since he didn't judge me at all for being a new member.  I think nubbinator is a fellow that really hits the mark as an awesome forum contributor because his keycap making is just a hobby, yet he's showing all of us what he did and how it can improve so we could even join in on the hobby as well.  I appreciate that lack of exclusivity.

So I think it's clear we have a lot of positive thoughts to go around on Geekhack. These are some great things! I threw the list of everyone entering into Random.org to see who it would pick as #1...

Congratulations to TacticalStache! You win yourself Meebcaps set #8! Respond to my incoming private message with your shipping information and I will get that sent out to you this coming Saturday. :)

meebcats - my bad music

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 19:26:16 »
TIL photoelectric is a dude lol :D

Good guy meeba giving stuff away, congrats to the winner.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 19:34:51 »
I blushed so hard, my face was redder than my chair!  On a serious note, I haven't actually designed any keyboard cases--only customized existing stuff.  Neither my budget nor my tool collection are friendly with designing new stuff.
----

Meebs' generosity knows no bounds! Congratulations, TacticalStache!!!

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 23:55:29 »
This is awesome!!! Thank you funkymeeba for putting this together and spreading the love (forum love that is). ;)

Congrats to TacticalStache on winning and winning because he's been helpful & kind.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 04:51:23 »
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeebaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh