Author Topic: Keyboard with mx greens  (Read 4023 times)

Offline crazyvan

Keyboard with mx greens
« on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 12:18:44 »
They're out of stock pretty much everywhere  :( (I've checked amazon.com, meachanicalkeyboards.com and tigerimports). Are there any other retailers out there that sell these and ship to the UK?

Offline Lupizza

• Kung av Sverige!
Re: Keyboard with mx greens
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 15:34:56 »
Ducky is selling keyboards with green switches here in Sweden, I thought about getting one but then decided to get one with white switches instead. I think Sweden and Finland are the first countries to get these particular models, but the rest of the world will probably get it soon enough. Also, it has PBT dyesub keycaps  ;D

Here's links (just google translate it):
http://www.inet.se/produkt/6606667/ducky-g2pro-dyesub-dark-grey-pbt-mx-green
http://www.inet.se/produkt/6606670/ducky-g2pro-dyesub-dark-grey-pbt-mx-white
I don't think they ship internationaly but as mentioned above the model will probably be distributed in the rest of the world in a while.

Btw this is my first post here ;D
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 June 2013, 16:51:56 by Lupizza »
Left geekhack 2013-08-24, because of rude and arbitrary moderators.

Offline crazyvan

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 16:14:53 »
Those grey keycaps are sexaaaay indeed  ;D. But I think I would prefer a tenkeyless so I'm going to wait for the release of the QF stealth. 

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 23:34:50 »
Those grey keycaps are sexaaaay indeed  ;D.

:-) Sweden invented sexy... I guess Ducky is adapting their products to the local market.

In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 00:17:16 »
That's a nice tangentbord, I don't have enough kronor for the webbpris :c

Offline shifted

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 00:29:56 »
https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/incoming.php

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=467

Looks like they are coming in next week if mechanicalkeyboards.com will ship to you.  Though I see you said you are waiting for TKL.  I didn't see that until after I wrote this message :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 June 2013, 00:32:12 by shifted »

Offline raKeto

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 01:58:05 »
Never heard of MX Green switches so far. Are they new? And what do they feel like in Comparison.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 02:01:58 »
They are blues but with a heavier swing. I recently found a qfr with them and they are great.

Offline Lupizza

• Kung av Sverige!
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 14:09:53 »
That's a nice tangentbord, I don't have enough kronor for the webbpris :c

1 euro is roughly 9 kronor, if you didn't already know. Thus, the webbpris is about 165 euro. :P

Offline Lbeuol

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 15:33:51 »
I really want to try green switches too, I'm thinking of just ordering it on amazon and waiting.

Offline lyrill

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 16:08:49 »
http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=213

i ordered this last month.

i really hate it.

cherry red all the way, that's why i have 5 cherry reds, 1 black, 1 white, 1 blue and 1 green one brown.

the next thing i remotely like is the brown, then it's blue, then it's probably white or black. green switches are a nightmare.
believe me i bought into the hype and it was all dismay.

typing heavily is honestly one of the worst pre conception people have about speed typing.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 17:07:00 »

i really hate it.

cherry red all the way, that's why i have 5 cherry reds, 1 black, 1 white, 1 blue and 1 green one brown.

the next thing i remotely like is the brown, then it's blue, then it's probably white or black. green switches are a nightmare.

typing heavily is honestly one of the worst pre conception people have about speed typing.

Its all prefernce. I got them that board and love it. Reds are my worst,  they are way too light.

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 17:15:49 »

i really hate it.

We should trade boards.  My favorite is your least favorite, and your favorite is my least favorite.

Offline crazyvan

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 17:38:23 »

i really hate it.

It comes down to preference really. I've tried blues, blacks, reds, topre and for me there's just something very satisfying about the blues and their clicky noise. :)

Offline jabar

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 20:13:36 »
Never heard of MX Green switches so far. Are they new? And what do they feel like in Comparison.
All MX switches are old and have been around for a long time. MX Greens are usually under the spacebar MX Blue board. The newest switch is arguably the MX Brown c. mid-90s.
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline DrinkTea

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 21:52:21 »

i really hate it.

If you hate it, do you want to sell it? Eh? Eh?

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 22:30:17 »
All MX switches are old and have been around for a long time. MX Greens are usually under the spacebar MX Blue board. The newest switch is arguably the MX Brown c. mid-90s.

Lies.  The newest MX switch is MX red which was introduced in November 2008.

Offline jabar

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 08 June 2013, 22:54:33 »
Lies.  The newest MX switch is MX red which was introduced in November 2008.
I could have sworn it was reintroduced, not developed recently, but it seems you're correct. The others, however, have been around in various forms for a long time, with Browns being the newest (DT wiki says 1994). Thanks for correcting me.
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline lyrill

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 01:03:48 »

i really hate it.

yeah it's gonna be close or exactly what i got it for, cus i barely typed 2 hours on it-/-

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 01:05:14 »

Clicky blacks.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline DrinkTea

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 01:25:20 »

i really hate it.

yeah it's gonna be close or exactly what i got it for, cus i barely typed 2 hours on it-/-

What did you get it for? And used is used so it's gotta be discounted at least a little. There's value in something being new. While this isn't as drastic, it's like what they say about driving a car off the lot.
Anyway, smarmy comments aside, I do think I'd be interested depending on the price. Do you have everything it came with and the packaging?

Offline Lupizza

• Kung av Sverige!
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 17:55:34 »
Found a finnish siste which is also offering pbt DS cherry mx greens: www.teraset.net
Just click "ducky keyboards in english" and scroll down until you find it.

Offline lyrill

« Reply #22 on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 22:43:00 »

i really hate it.

What did you get it for? And used is used so it's gotta be discounted at least a little. There's value in something being new. While this isn't as drastic, it's like what they say about driving a car off the lot.
Anyway, smarmy comments aside, I do think I'd be interested depending on the price. Do you have everything it came with and the packaging?

first off, it's rare and there is a reason i don't sell any of my stuff. i buy them for a reason and even if i don't like them as much as I wanted to, I am sure as an individual that respect the product being made I am not ignorant and arrogant enough like many other uneducated folks out there and simply go as far as to express their personal approval or disapproval to certain keyboards or claim they will never use this or they will never like that. now it sounds like you assume I did that, but I didn't.

I have not used it much, but through posting about it I feel the obligation to use it more. Yes it is kind of hyped, but it is an alternative that is rarely available when you want it. When we talk about different switches we go online and see what people have to say about it, or we try ourselves. How many people actually have their original uncontaminated opinions about key switches? Even if they have actually owned it to whatever degree, it doesn't mean they really have individual experience off of it. They may or may not approach certain keyboards with pre-assumptions, and therefore their user experiences may change.

In my case, I was pretty stoked about green switches, but as a calm person I did not smash it or post a sale right after my medicore/terrible first impression.

How much are you willing to pay for it though? I understand as a buyer nobody wants to pay for open box item at full price. But as someone who is not interested in selling, that's what I would want if someone wants it badly. See, the item is worth more for me than for others? Then I don't want to sell it. I already paid what was worth for me, and there is no reason to lose the difference and go through all the process of buying and selling, without gaining anything but I don't like Greens. That's just sad, some people may say it's better than keeping it without using it, but I am not broke yet and it's obvious that people who own multiple mech keyboards shouldn't need to sell keyboards unless they really want something else and can't get the cash around to do so.

TLDR: i don't sell stuff i bought. if you want it, consider yourself lucky I don't ask a higher price than MSRP.

Offline lyrill

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 22:47:59 »
Found a finnish siste which is also offering pbt DS cherry mx greens: www.teraset.net
Just click "ducky keyboards in english" and scroll down until you find it.

yep

https://www.teraset.net/product_details.php?p=9538#.UbVMNqXZV8E
and
https://www.teraset.net/product_details.php?p=9111#.UbVMIaXZV8E

Offline Lupizza

• Kung av Sverige!
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 13:09:00 »
I got my keyboard today, here are some pictures of it: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4oMfUG6gwOZMXIwYUlpRFU0eVU&usp=sharing
I ordered mine with MX White as you might see but this model is available with MX Greens aswell so just imagine that I've painted the switches or something. :D

It's really solid and nice to type on, although I am a bit disappointed by the sound of the switches (they're supposed to be clicky but tbh they sound like unclicky tactile switches). The keycaps feel really sturdy and so does the case. The cable is detachable and gives full NKRO with USB. There's DIP-switches too. However, the extra WASD-keycaps that was included was slightly higher than the regular keycaps, this was probably on purpose to give these keys some sort of distinction while gaming but I find it quite irritating while typing so I'll stick with the regular keycaps.
10/10 would bang

Offline linziyi

• The one with many questions
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 13:47:14 »
:O Where did you get it?
Ducky DK9008G2 Pro

"Much to learn you still have" --Yoda

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 13:48:42 »
Does anyone want to buy my brand new QFR with greens?  PM me if interested.

Offline linziyi

• The one with many questions
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 13:57:14 »
If the price is very attractive sure...
Ducky DK9008G2 Pro

"Much to learn you still have" --Yoda

Offline Lupizza

• Kung av Sverige!
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 13:57:43 »
:O Where did you get it?

http://www.inet.se/produkt/6606670/ducky-g2pro-dyesub-dark-grey-pbt-mx-white
It's a swedish store and I don't think they ship internationally.

There is a finnish store though that ships within the EU: https://www.teraset.net/ducky.php
Haven't found any international stores though, so if you don't live within the EU you're probably gonna have to wait until it's released where you live. :P