Author Topic: Mountable headset  (Read 1484 times)

Offline jabar

Mountable headset
« on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 21:21:59 »
I have a pair of Senn HD595s. I don't want to replace them for something else just because they don't have an integrated mic. What would be the best mountable mic options yall would recommend?
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline Atakp

Re: Mountable headset
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 22:03:21 »
Modmic by Antlion audio

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 08:24:02 »
Yeah, modmic is one of the better options, the only alternative worth considering is a desk mounted one. The benefit of that is that they're very popular with a lot of online content creators, so you can often check what they're using and then check out the sound quality of their content for a demonstration.
TotalBiscuit talked a lot about microphones once, although I think that was geared more towards other content creators so his recommendations might be a bit unnecessary for you. Day9 uses a fairly cheap blue ball thing that seems to work great for him. That's about all I can remember about it atm.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 21:14:56 »
read this page. it is great.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-5-23-2013-mrspeakers-mad-dog-v-3-2-reviewed

they suggest this cheap one (order a few because they are only $2.31)
http://dx.com/p/mini-clip-on-microphone-7080

here are the notes:
This is my baby. It is incredibly cheap ($2.31, and has a free shipping option!). It's a clip on, so it can be clipped on to your headphone's cable or your shirt. The sound quality is similar to the LVA7330, meaning bright, thin, but clear. It's shielding prevents it from picking up unnecessary outside noise (unlike the borderline horrible Zalman clip-on mic, which you need can really only use in a very silent room, picks up all noises, yet you have to scream at the damn thing to pick up your voice clearly). The DX clip-on picks up your voice very easily, and you don't even have to talk loud. Not as elegant as the Antlion, but it's a great mic for those wanting to save money, or as an alternative. For the cost cheaper than a value meal at McDonalds, this one should be ordered by everyone currently looking for a mic.

There is a catch. The DX mic takes a LONG time to reach your hands from the time you place your order. Seriously. It takes around a month's time. So I recommend you order it and forget about it, and then get surprised when it DOES come. Lol.

This is the only mic I own, and I'm 100% satisfied with.

UPDATE: IF you are having a problem with this mic not picking up your voice, clip the mic to the headphone's cable, and not your shirt.

Offline Jack Karneval

• I'm gunna pop some keys, only got $20 in my pocket
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 18 June 2013, 08:02:45 »
I just went to Walmart one day, found a cheap swivel mic that was like $5 bux, used some velcro tape, and smacked it on the side of my HD555's..... works like a charm!
: CM Storm Trigger (MX Green) : KBT Pure Pro (MX Blue) :