Author Topic: Mechanical keyboard with context menu key & cherry clear  (Read 2963 times)

Offline swordmasterhowe

Mechanical keyboard with context menu key & cherry clear
« on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 01:29:45 »
Hi,

I'm actually curious about which mechanical keyboard have the context menu keys on? I used it often in my work especially doing editing in excel, coding, etc....

I have a mechanical keyboard, the ducky 9008 black on black and it does not have the context menu key on it.....

I've being considering getting the matias quiet pro for its silent and tactile keys..... but the lacking off context menu key is quite a turn-off.

So I would like to know if there's any mechanical keyboard on the market that's:
- tactile
- silent (or just being a little quiet)
- come with context menu key.
- cherry mx clear switch
- full size

Oh and I know about the autohotkey, but it's not so convenient cause I'll be using different laptops/pc for for work/home and various events and also accessing others' pc/laptops for application demo. (and also show off that awesome mech keyboard if anyone ever know it was one. :p)

EDIT: Sorry, i forgot to mention about me finding a cherry mx clear switch.
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 June 2013, 04:09:02 by swordmasterhowe »

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
Re: Mechanical keyboard with context menu key
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 01:40:39 »
+1

Phooey to those who say its useless.

Offline gnubag

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 01:58:38 »
look for filcos with brown switches
a little tactile and definitely quieter than blues.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 02:13:06 »
KeyCool 87?

See the pics in jdcarpe's review: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43143.0

It has a Fn key, but in place of the right Win key.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline swordmasterhowe

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 02:34:07 »
look for filcos with brown switches
a little tactile and definitely quieter than blues.

Yeah heard about the awesomeness of filco, but is there mx clear switch that's like stiffer brown? Thanks for the suggestion though.
KeyCool 87?

See the pics in jdcarpe's review: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43143.0

It has a Fn key, but in place of the right Win key.

Yeah, interesting, but I'm looking for a full keyboard.
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 June 2013, 02:37:52 by swordmasterhowe »

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 02:40:57 »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300910270957?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I bought this recently. Its pretty nice. It looks really good, IMO.  The only branding is on the space bar, and its minimal.  I think its an iOne board though, and people say those aren't as good as costar or something. But I like it. It has the context menu key instead of the Right Win key.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Re: Mechanical keyboard with context menu key & cherry clear
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 05:05:48 »
Cherry G80-3000LQCEU.

full-size... checked
MX Clears... checked
standard layout including the Menu key... checked

It's also rather cheap, and comes with decent PBT/POM keycaps. It might feel a bit cheap/flimsy though (plastic case, PCB mounted switches).

Offline swordmasterhowe

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 05:10:32 »
Cherry G80-3000LQCEU.

full-size... checked
MX Clears... checked
standard layout including the Menu key... checked

It's also rather cheap, and comes with decent PBT/POM keycaps. It might feel a bit cheap/flimsy though (plastic case, PCB mounted switches).

Wow! That's awesome, do you know where I can get it? I'm from Malaysia anyways.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 05:23:06 »
It's quite common on German eBay/Amazon, but I've no idea about Malaysia. Maybe try to check sites like Taobao.