Author Topic: Matias Tactile Pro (MINI)  (Read 3909 times)

Offline morpheus

Matias Tactile Pro (MINI)
« on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 11:00:49 »
I believe they only have this board for the Mac, but can it work on a PC?

Also, if you've tried it, what are your thoughts on it?

Thank you.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
Re: Matias Tactile Pro (MINI)
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 11:17:57 »
There's a version specifically for the PC:

http://www.matias.ca/miniquietpro/pc/

However, it's wired and not Bluetooth.

Offline morpheus

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 11:22:47 »
But isn't this the silent version? I was looking for the clicky, white, version but in PC format. I checked Matias' website many times but they seem to only have it for the Mac.

http://matias.ca/minitactilepro/mac/

Just curious Daerid, you seem to have a Tactile Pro 3, how do you like it? What's the force on that, 45g? 55g?

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 11:23:41 »
It will work on the PC.  Matias has an AHK script he will send you for the differences.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline morpheus

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 11:35:59 »
It will work on the PC.  Matias has an AHK script he will send you for the differences.

What's an AHK Script?

Also I see that it has 60g force, does that mean it's heavier than the Cherry MX Blue?

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 12:12:19 »

What's an AHK Script?

Also I see that it has 60g force, does that mean it's heavier than the Cherry MX Blue?

http://www.autohotkey.com/

It's a way of creating software macros.  Matias provides you a script.  You run it and the mac keys work like windows keys.

Do not expect these to be like MX switches.  They are absolutely incredible :)
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 12:50:15 »
But isn't this the silent version? I was looking for the clicky, white, version but in PC format. I checked Matias' website many times but they seem to only have it for the Mac.

http://matias.ca/minitactilepro/mac/

Just curious Daerid, you seem to have a Tactile Pro 3, how do you like it? What's the force on that, 45g? 55g?

Not sure what the force is, but I really, really like clicky Alps. Matias has stated that they have the intention of bringing a Tactile Pro to the PC (clicky), but I'm not sure exactly when they plan on bring that to market.

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 14:44:02 »
Matias has stated that they have the intention of bringing a Tactile Pro to the PC (clicky), but I'm not sure exactly when they plan on bring that to market.

I hope that will be someday soon. I've longed for a good clicky white Alps ANSI board since my SIIG Suntouch bit the dust years ago. Not quite desperate enough to buy a board with a Mac layout though!

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 16:35:41 »
I've personally tried the Tactile Pro on the PC before.  I've tried it on Windows 7.

I'm not sure if it's written in the OS already but somehow it will decipher the hardware input of F13, F14, F15 to print screen, scroll lock, and pause.  And clear to number lock.

Meaning all keys will work properly except insert which is the Fn button on the Tactile Pro which you can't do anything about it.  And Alt and Window key will be swapped.

So for Auto Hot Key I used the following:

LAlt::LWin
RAlt::RWin
LWin::LAlt
RWin::RAlt

This will be enough to make you PC ready using Tactile Pro  :)

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline morpheus

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 18:27:30 »

What's an AHK Script?

http://www.autohotkey.com/

It's a way of creating software macros.  Matias provides you a script.  You run it and the mac keys work like windows keys.

Do not expect these to be like MX switches.  They are absolutely incredible :)

I know, I saw the videos on youtube. Look amazing. Makes Cherry MX look boring almost.

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 20:25:32 »
I have the Matias Tactile mini and i like it. I don't understand why they didn't make it bluetooth or wireless like the other models though. It's a great keyboard though and the clickiness doesn't have that ping sound after you hit a key that previous models did. My only complaint is that it isn't wireless and the back end is a little too big. It bothers me because i like to put my keyboards on top of my laptop keyboard and this one barely fits.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 20:36:51 »
I have the Matias Tactile mini and i like it. I don't understand why they didn't make it bluetooth or wireless like the other models though. It's a great keyboard though and the clickiness doesn't have that ping sound after you hit a key that previous models did. My only complaint is that it isn't wireless and the back end is a little too big. It bothers me because i like to put my keyboards on top of my laptop keyboard and this one barely fits.

Sell me your's.

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 05:54:15 »
I actually am thinking about selling it. I haven't decided yet.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 06:52:50 »
So the only bluetooth board is for a MAC?

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 12:42:55 »
My only complaint is that it isn't wireless and the back end is a little too big. It bothers me because i like to put my keyboards on top of my laptop keyboard and this one barely fits.

Uh I think your laptop partially vents out through the gaps between keys.  So ideally you want to keep that area open for better air circulation to prevent overheat.

So I got this for my g/f's iMac  http://www.amazon.com/Rain-Design-10032-mStand-Laptop/dp/B000OOYECC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370972597&sr=8-1&keywords=laptop+stand  :D

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline jkercado

• Green XM clickclacker
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 13:19:15 »
They really need to hire a good industrial designer. This design is pretty darn awful. Great idea, horrible execution.

Ducky 1087XM Green | Unicomp Ultra Classic Black | IBM M4 | 1989 IBM Model M | Genius i200 | Cherry G84-4100 | Microsoft Arc Keyboard

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 18:44:38 »
I actually am thinking about selling it. I haven't decided yet.

That's why I want to purchase it from you