Author Topic: 30g cherry mx spring?  (Read 3363 times)

Offline jonathanyu

30g cherry mx spring?
« on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 16:59:24 »
Hi guys, this is the first time that i start a topic here. :p
My question is, is there any cherry mx spring that is 30g? I have got a red switch ducky shine 2, but I think red switch is still too heavy to me.
I know that there is a 30g capacitives type keyboard, and I actually wanna buy a capacitives type keyboard long time ago, but due to the price, I gave up this idea. :(
So, is there any place that is possible for me to get 30g spring?

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
Re: 30g cherry mx spring?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 17:04:08 »
What you're looking for is Korean springs, and mx reds are roughly 60g in korean springs. What you're looking for is 55g or lower, and currently the lightest springs are 45g. It'll require you to completely desolder every switch to swap out the springs.

Btw, 30g in topre does not translate to 30g in mx springs.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 17:21:59 »
What you're looking for is Korean springs, and mx reds are roughly 60g in korean springs. What you're looking for is 55g or lower, and currently the lightest springs are 45g. It'll require you to completely desolder every switch to swap out the springs.

Btw, 30g in topre does not translate to 30g in mx springs.
;)Thank you for helping me. I want to know that where can I get the Korean springs? Is that the springs on this website is Korean spring?  https://www.originativeco.com/45g-springs

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 22:10:48 »
yes those are it!

and they are noticeably lighter than normal red, brown, and blue springs.

they worked well with the browns and blues when i tried a few of them. they didn't work well with linear.

my friend is having me make his keyboard with the entire thing with 45g korean springs and blues. that should be interesting.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 22:25:41 »
yes those are it!

they worked well with the browns and blues when i tried a few of them. they didn't work well with linear.

my friend is having me make his keyboard with the entire thing with 45g korean springs and blues. that should be interesting.
;)Thank you for helping me
I got another question of the price....it is 9 dollars..and...how many springs are there?One spring? :eek:

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 22:28:25 »
yes those are it!

I got another question of the price....it is 9 dollars..and...how many springs are there?One spring? :eek:

i think there is over 100, that's how much was in my 62g pack, i haven't gone through the whole 45g pack yet. only thing i hate about when you get a pack of springs is that they are all clumped together so it looks like you got less springs than is actually in there. really no way to help that.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 22:41:48 »
yes those are it!

i think there is over 100, that's how much was in my 62g pack, i haven't gone through the whole 45g pack yet. only thing i hate about when you get a pack of springs is that they are all clumped together so it looks like you got less springs than is actually in there. really no way to help that.

:)More than a hundred! That sound really nice to me. I am deciding to get a poker2 and change all the springs to this kind of springs, but I am still thinking of get a poker2 or poker1. Because poker1 is much more easy to change to springs since it doesn't have a metal plate. :confused:

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 22:50:28 »
i think they were going to offer the poker2 and pure pro without a plate but nobody carries it that way. i would think it would be hard to find a poker 1 now but yes with the no plate like poker 1, pure 1, and RACE you can easily take off the tops and do a spring swap without desoldering. it is time consuming btw as you would probably suspect.

again, if you are doing a spring swap with these i would highly suggest using browns (tactile no click) or blues (tactile click) and not linear reds or blacks. it just doesn't feel right to me with it linear with such a light spring. its my personal opinion though, the KOREAN 45g should work with every switch stem/slider except clears which need a heavier spring.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 00:23:48 »
i think they were going to offer the poker2 and pure pro without a plate but nobody carries it that way. i would think it would be hard to find a poker 1 now but yes with the no plate like poker 1, pure 1, and RACE you can easily take off the tops and do a spring swap without desoldering. it is time consuming btw as you would probably suspect.

again, if you are doing a spring swap with these i would highly suggest using browns (tactile no click) or blues (tactile click) and not linear reds or blacks. it just doesn't feel right to me with it linear with such a light spring. its my personal opinion though, the KOREAN 45g should work with every switch stem/slider except clears which need a heavier spring.
:D Thank you for the tips.
Btw, what is the different between poker1 and pure1?

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 01:23:50 »

:D Thank you for the tips.
Btw, what is the different between poker1 and pure1?

Both do not have a plate. The PURE has a different layer 2 (where the arrow keys are etc) and have a split shift key for the function key. They both use the exact same case as well.

PURE (Not to be confused with PURE Pro/II)
examples (some are actually in stock on this site):
http://www.mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?switch_id=ALL&size=ALL&keyword=PURE

Poker X (Not to be confused with Poker II)
examples (none are in stock on this site)
http://www.mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?switch_id=ALL&size=ALL&keyword=Poker

Just a note that the LED Backlit PURE WOULD have to have the LED's desoldered to be able to open the switch.