Author Topic: Acrylic Tenkeyless Keyboard Casing for Phantom, Filco & QFR etc.  (Read 97517 times)

Offline pasph

Re: Acrylic Tenkeyless Keyboard Casing for Phantom, Filco & QFR etc.
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 05:45:18 »
Please make this also for full size Filco
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #101 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 06:18:31 »
Another question concerning compatibility:

Does this also work for Ducky G2 PRO TKL and Keycool 87 plates?

I have a Filco and a QFR Stealth and those 2 boards. Would be awesome if I could use one body for all those 4 plates so I could switch them around if needed :)

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #102 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 09:56:44 »
I've sent out a couple of emails, because I am leaving for a 18 day europe trip on the 13th of july, I have some casing being procured right now, hope to get some of yours completed at around the same time.

I have an invoice from you for an all clear case waiting to be paid. If I pay this now, are you saying that you can get it done and shipped before you leave on 7/13? If so, I will pay it today. Thanks
I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Offline Rendom

« Reply #103 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 11:51:50 »
My Phantom, I got one of the prototype first, going to help Takaki with perfecting the casing. So far he knows what's the problem now, so I think the official casing will be perfect. : )

QFR - MX Blue

Offline remmeh

« Reply #104 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 12:21:44 »
My Phantom, I got one of the prototype first, going to help Takaki with perfecting the casing. So far he knows what's the problem now, so I think the official casing will be perfect. : )

What color options did you pick? Can we see more photos?

Offline nebo

« Reply #105 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 12:29:06 »
Does this look close to your colour ?

Show Image

There is a matt version but much darker.

Show Image

Oh man, that makes me want a white and blue!

Offline jabar

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 22:26:18 »
I'm debating which white bodies to choose. PL 402 makes the most sense, but I might prefer PL 449 (periwinkle it seems) which would look nice with a blue top I'm getting.

In either case, I don't think a matte finish makes for a sturdy acrylic-to-acrylic contact.

Also this might be a pain in the rear, but could you have a posted count of ordered acrylic pieces by color so as to help others steer choices above the minimum point?
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 July 2013, 22:32:43 by jabar »
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline affect656

« Reply #107 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 01:13:17 »
Any update on which colors are a go, or close?
I like linear.

Offline Amr0d

« Reply #108 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 04:13:50 »
So if I need a complete keyboard case for my Phantom I need to buy both layers, body and feet, right?
Filco MJ2 TKL browns | Race 75% LE reds | Phantom GH Edition soon™

HeatWare

Offline takaki

« Reply #109 on: Wed, 03 July 2013, 00:59:18 »
You just need the body, top and bottom layer, the feets are for further elevation and also to close up the opening of your teensy chip.

Like what rendom said, I'll be making some drastic changes to the case, mounting will be changed to using low profile motherboard standoffs for you to secure your plate/pcb onto the casing. Just waiting for the standoffs to arrive.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #110 on: Wed, 03 July 2013, 01:07:06 »

I have a Filco and a QFR Stealth and those 2 boards. Would be awesome if I could use one body for all those 4 plates so I could switch them around if needed :)

Can you please comment on that? I can't decide which body to order. On the one hand I want to build a Phantom in the future but on the other hand I want to be able to use this case for as much boards as possible.

Offline takaki

« Reply #111 on: Wed, 03 July 2013, 01:50:25 »

Can you please comment on that? I can't decide which body to order. On the one hand I want to build a Phantom in the future but on the other hand I want to be able to use this case for as much boards as possible.

I need to see the inlet of the items, So far I've tested on QFR and filco, fits nicely.

Offline pasph

« Reply #112 on: Wed, 03 July 2013, 03:30:39 »
Feets are glued or screwed?
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline blighty

« Reply #113 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 15:22:34 »
I'll be making some drastic changes to the case, mounting will be changed to using low profile motherboard standoffs for you to secure your plate/pcb onto the casing. Just waiting for the standoffs to arrive.

Why are you making changes to the design after some of people have already paid under the assumption that you would ship by next week?
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #114 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 15:50:39 »
I bet it has to do with the difference between Phantom plates and Filco/QFR plates. The Phantom plates are not rolled on the edges. I don't think the current design with no standoffs could properly support the Phantom plates. Just my guess. I know WFD raised this issue earlier and I have been watching for it to be addressed.

I for one very much appreciate that the kinks are being worked out BEFORE a bunch of cases are rushed through production and people are unhappy with the results.

thank you takaki for trying to get things right.
I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Offline Rendom

« Reply #115 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 15:58:29 »
I'll be making some drastic changes to the case, mounting will be changed to using low profile motherboard standoffs for you to secure your plate/pcb onto the casing. Just waiting for the standoffs to arrive.

Why are you making changes to the design after some of people have already paid under the assumption that you would ship by next week?

Unfortunately, for Phantoms, it seems wobbly. I told him the problems, and it seems that he's making changes now. I don't think it'll take that long. Whiskytango is right, it doesn't properly support the Phantoms.

QFR - MX Blue

Offline blighty

« Reply #116 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 15:59:43 »
I bet it has to do with the difference between Phantom plates and Filco/QFR plates. The Phantom plates are not rolled on the edges. I don't think the current design with no standoffs could properly support the Phantom plates. Just my guess. I know WFD raised this issue earlier and I have been watching for it to be addressed.

I for one very much appreciate that the kinks are being worked out BEFORE a bunch of cases are rushed through production and people are unhappy with the results.

thank you takaki for trying to get things right.

The Phantom variant (to hold the flat plate) of the body and the Filco/QFR variant (to hold the rolled plate)of the body was supposed to account for that.  I'm just curious why the change?  I'm not exactly digging the idea of standoffs.

Edit: Just read Rendom's comments.  The Phantom is wobbly in the case?  As in it flexes?  Ah well.  Hopefully nothing is glued in so we have the option to use the standoffs or or not.
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 July 2013, 16:02:53 by blighty »
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline jabar

« Reply #117 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 16:03:01 »
Uhhh standoffs are what provides PCB stability. The lack of standoff points on the various aluminum Vortex cases is a problem.

I don't know how anyone would think a GB would turnaround in a week. Doesn't matter if takaki said it; it never happens (unless it's a vendor masquerading in-stock items as a GB).
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline blighty

« Reply #118 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 16:09:33 »
Uhhh standoffs are what provides PCB stability. The lack of standoff points on the various aluminum Vortex cases is a problem.

I don't know how anyone would think a GB would turnaround in a week. Doesn't matter if takaki said it; it never happens (unless it's a vendor masquerading in-stock items as a GB).

I'd rather have the choice of whether or not to use standoffs.  As for the turnaround, if someone says they can do it in two weeks, why not believe them?  If that changes, they should say so. 

Offline Rendom

« Reply #119 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 16:11:42 »

I'd rather have the choice of whether or not to use standoffs.  As for the turnaround, if someone says they can do it in two weeks, why not believe them?  If that changes, they should say so.

If I'm not wrong, the standoffs can be put in the casing, and you can remove them too. I think he should be able to deliver it before flying for holiday.

With that said, I'm the one who requested for the standoffs and modification. The PCB can move to the left, and right, and when it moves to the left, your shift will be very sticky, as if they don't even bounce back up, hence the need to have standoff. And casing modification too, to be better fit the PCB's inside with the standoffs.
QFR - MX Blue

Offline blighty

« Reply #120 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 16:20:39 »
If I'm not wrong, the standoffs can be put in the casing, and you can remove them too. I think he should be able to deliver it before flying for holiday.

With that said, I'm the one who requested for the standoffs and modification. The PCB can move to the left, and right, and when it moves to the left, your shift will be very sticky, as if they don't even bounce back up, hence the need to have standoff. And casing modification too, to be better fit the PCB's inside with the standoffs.

I guess we will see.  I was just going to put a neoprene mat under the pcb for sound dampening and to fill up space inside to case to prevent the sliding, but I'm sure standoffs could be just as useful (or have the neoprene go around/replace the standoffs).

Offline Rendom

« Reply #121 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 16:35:27 »

I guess we will see.  I was just going to put a neoprene mat under the pcb for sound dampening and to fill up space inside to case to prevent the sliding, but I'm sure standoffs could be just as useful (or have the neoprene go around/replace the standoffs).

I think the mat would work just fine, if the standoffs can be removed, you would have both the options. He will be sending me the standoffs too, so I'm pretty sure you'd have both the option.
QFR - MX Blue

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #122 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 23:14:22 »
How long does it take to get invoiced after ordering?

Offline frenchie4111

« Reply #123 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 01:05:40 »
How long does it take to get invoiced after ordering?

We won't get invoiced until everything gets set

Filco MJ2 TKL

Offline takaki

« Reply #124 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 02:57:19 »
Some much needed explaination. The reason why this is in GB because we need numbers to get the colours.

I can get the previous design made and shipped to you to play around, I just don't think I should just focus on the aesthetic part of the casing but also the functionality. Which I thought was a major problem for the previous pretty witty casings for the phantom or filco or anything else.

I am currently waiting for the standoff to arrive, additional holes will be drilled and hand threaded at the bottom layer plate so you can screw in the stand offs and secure your plate/pcb to the casing to ensure 100% stability. The other way to go around achieving this stability will be having to include a acrylic plate for the casing ( think ergodox ), I'm sure nobody really wants that because we all got the WFD plate already.

I want you guys to like the casing both the looks and the use of it. I believe this minor changes will go a long way for you, do have some patience with me with the new design. So sorry for the delays.
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 July 2013, 03:02:06 by takaki »

Offline Amr0d

« Reply #125 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 05:20:46 »
Where is the difference between PL 993 and F 993? I am looking for something that fits for the TOXIC set GB. I got everything green'ish except for the keyboard. What would you recommend? All green or just layers green and base black?

HeatWare

Offline takaki

« Reply #126 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 09:19:34 »
Top layer + bottom layer toxic green is enough to make the whole case look toxic green except if you look from the side.

if you want 100%, then go for 100% toxic green.

Offline Amr0d

« Reply #127 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 09:35:40 »
Hmm...you don't have a photo of the black+green combo?

HeatWare

Offline Donbabbeo

« Reply #128 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 12:45:44 »
It's possibile to have some pictures of the case disassembled and a picture of the bottom with and without the feet block?

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #129 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 13:55:59 »
takaki, its cool you added which colors are confirmed and how many have been ordered, i still haven't added my order yet which will be for 2 of these for phantom with an extra body or two possible.  I hope i am still good to wait to order for another few days.

I will say that it may be a pain for you to deal with orders where the color does not reach enough orders and having to get orders either canceled or changed. i hope you are expecting that.

Offline jabar

« Reply #130 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 19:25:32 »
Thanks for the tally update, takaki. Please get those blue images up as soon as you can and I'll be posting my order :)

Phantom 7bit

Offline dadgh

« Reply #131 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 22:31:15 »
Are any of the shades of green close to the CCnG green IRL?

Offline gizzard

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 08 July 2013, 18:35:36 »
A bit confused.  have we been invoiced yet?  Where does this stand?

Thanks

Offline jabar

« Reply #133 on: Tue, 09 July 2013, 00:38:56 »
There is no close date posted, considering there is some more information yet to be posted (blue acrylic photos, standoff information). Once the GB is closed -- it will be obvious when it does -- then invoices will be sent out with confirmed acrylic colors.

Phantom 7bit

Offline Donbabbeo

« Reply #134 on: Tue, 09 July 2013, 02:12:51 »
It's possibile to have some pictures of the case disassembled and a picture of the bottom with and without the feet block?

thanks

Offline Poom

« Reply #135 on: Tue, 09 July 2013, 07:50:47 »
Hey, this might be a dumb question, but would it fit a Leopold FC 700R??

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #136 on: Tue, 09 July 2013, 07:59:53 »
Hey, this might be a dumb question, but would it fit a Leopold FC 700R??

He only could test it for a Filco and a Quickfire Rapid, so he won't know for sure.

Offline Poom

« Reply #137 on: Tue, 09 July 2013, 08:14:57 »
hum.... i also dont have my Leopold with me to test it with my filco case. also never opened the leopold up, only know that the cabling is different than the filco.

Offline blighty

« Reply #138 on: Tue, 09 July 2013, 15:54:55 »
There is no close date posted, considering there is some more information yet to be posted (blue acrylic photos, standoff information). Once the GB is closed -- it will be obvious when it does -- then invoices will be sent out with confirmed acrylic colors.

I was already invoiced (and paid) a couple of weeks ago.  I went for matte black on all layers.

Offline jabar

« Reply #139 on: Tue, 09 July 2013, 20:04:51 »

I was already invoiced (and paid) a couple of weeks ago.  I went for matte black on all layers.
Well I missed that part of your previous posts. That is odd...

I am still waiting for the updates I mentioned :)

Phantom 7bit

Offline takaki

« Reply #140 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 04:09:49 »
winkeyless and updates to the top layer completed,  modifications to the bottom layer completed.

Pending to dos:
Photos of the blue group
Photos of the 100% of the casing
Photos with the feet and without the feet.
Photos of winkeyless over the current plate. (1.5x (Acrylic block ) 1.5x )

Pending arrivials
Motherboard standoff to complete the fit test.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #141 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 04:36:42 »
Thanks for the update!

After seeing those photos I will place my order :)

Offline Amr0d

« Reply #142 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 06:34:52 »
Where can I find the pictures?

HeatWare

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #143 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 06:58:51 »
Where can I find the pictures?

There are links to some color samples in the OP. Other pics will be added.

Offline Amr0d

« Reply #144 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 08:53:39 »
Ah, ok. Then I need to wait for more samples.

Takaki: I wrote you a short message

HeatWare

Offline takaki

« Reply #145 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 13:05:30 »
Blue pictures up, figured the best way to get the colours right is to use a scanner.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #146 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 13:17:18 »
PL 302 it is :)

Offline takaki

« Reply #147 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 17:58:09 »

Offline Rendom

« Reply #148 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 18:00:22 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Ohh boy...
QFR - MX Blue

Offline zoolzoo

« Reply #149 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 21:10:01 »
Oh yes Im in!
Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red