Author Topic: Your top 3 keyboards, and why....and as an added bonus...your dream keyboard.  (Read 25977 times)

Offline bigpook

It's been awhile since  I checked this thread. Not being very loyal to any one 'board I can say that the filco tenless with black alps is my current favorite. Its been on my desk going on 6 weeks. Thats like a record for me : )
Behind that would be the model m mini and HHKB.
Honourable mention to the filco tenless with brown cherries.
HHKB Pro 2 : Unicomp Spacesaver : IBM Model M : DasIII    

Offline patrickgeekhack

Quote from: ripster;97700
Trying out this Contour mouse for my right hand RSI and it sure makes me feel old and grumpy.

Show Image

Gran Torino is a great movie BTW.  At one point his kids give him a "Big Button" phone.  When I need a "Big Button" keyboard somebody shoot me.

That was a nice phone :-) I really like this movie and did not expect the ending at all. By the way, did you notice the cutie Yum Yum?

Offline MANISH7

my compaq 11800. (1) cherry brown key switch. ergonomic, light, and responsive to my fingers. i can type fast and comfortably for hours. (2) i'm fairly happy with the layout with the  delete / home / page up is in the middle of the keyboard. (3) spacesaver (4) has the iconic compaq logo from the 90s.

my dream keyboard: keyboard split like the m15, topre 45g key switches, close to a conventional layout as possible, no number pad but spacesaver + detachable usb cable (for portability), usb hub, <$150.

when is topre actually going to INNOVATE? sure the key switch is nice but besides that there is very little of substantial improvement in their models year after year. 86u to 87. ooooh, one key! 101 to 103 ooooh 2 keys! this is not innovating. innovating is giving consumers something unique & better (key switch is just a start). the keyboard i described above. only then can i consider shelling out more than $100 (justified or not - those are my terms). until then, i'll stick with my mx11800. the other keyboards, until they start to INNOVATE, offer no improvements over my current driver.

Offline lowpoly

Quote from: MANISH7;97887
my dream keyboard: keyboard split like the m15, topre 45g key switches, close to a conventional layout as possible, no number pad but spacesaver + detachable usb cable (for portability), usb hub, <$150.
There is a split keyboard with Topre switches:

http://www.gearcrave.com/2008-12-02/the-wicked-utron-keyboard/

Won't meet all of your specs though with price probably being #1.
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 June 2009, 15:01:03 by lowpoly »

Miniguru thread at GH // The Apple M0110 Today

Offline Xuan

The dream keyboard would have a vagina...

hehe, I liked very much the humble keyboard project in the modifications section.

Offline CrapTypist

• http://www.georgecochrane
I've just got two, as I can't bring myself to use tenkeyful 'boards anymore...

#1 IBM M Mini

When I actually sit and press a key or two it feels very laborious, and I think, "This just can't be very ergo".  However, when I get to work, the heavy feel keeps me honest and precise, and the sound and no-nonsense look are a lovely distraction (read: non-writer) repellent, when the need strikes.

#2 Realforce (japanese layout)