Author Topic: First Topre Keyboard: Undecided between "HHKB P2 or HHKB P2 Type-S"  (Read 1263 times)

Offline velvetdon25

Good evening ladies and gents,

Long time lurker and first time poster here.

I have decided to take the plunge and get my first Topre keyboard and have narrowed it down to the HHKB Pro 2. The only thing holding me back right now is I'm really undecided on getting the regular version or the Type-S. For the past week I have spent at least 2 hours a day reading and watching videos comparing the two and quite frankly I quite like them both.

I've read some posters here stating that the Type-S felt more redefined, solid, and some problems have been resolved over the regular version. Would be great if they can get more into depth regarding about this.

Price between Type-S and regular will be $70 difference for me as I will be purchasing it directly from PFU and I wouldn't mind spending a little extra for a slightly quieter version. It really just depends on which one is more "pleasurable" to type on.

Currently own a Filco M2 TKL (brown) and a Filco Linear R TKL (red).  I use my browns more than my red.

Would be great for those of you that own both the regular and Type-S version to share your thoughts.

Thanks!