Author Topic: MX Clear Advice.  (Read 2296 times)

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
MX Clear Advice.
« on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 16:18:55 »
So this is going to be a long way down the road but I need advice on mx clear mod advice.

I am currently using mx reds and love the lightness (but could be a tad heavier), but tactility still intrigues me. So I want to do a mx clear mod on my poker.

CPTbadass did a great review for clears but I know he has a taste for heavier switches.

I want to get a variety of advice on this task and especially towards ergo-clears vs panda clears vs other mods.

I am waiting for my turn on the UST which doesn't specify what spring the ergo-clears use.
Leopold FC660M MX Reds | Poker X 62g  Ergoclear modded and plate modded (out of comission) | IBM Model M 1391401 | Dell AT101 | Compaq RT101 | HHKB Pro 2 | WASD CODE TKL MX Clears

Avid vape collector and advocate. I used to work at to renowned vape shops here in New Jersey. Message me for any vape related questions.

Main driver : WASD CODE TKL MX Clear

Offline bazemk1979

Re: MX Clear Advice.
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 17:19:21 »
try first the clears itelf, if they don't feel right then swap them with the red spring, if that don't feel right either *(still feeling light) well then bro your sweet spot should be 65g Korean springs that Sherry has them at his Originative store.
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline TDub

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 17:35:25 »
I suggest giving any new switch about a week or two of typing before you decide if you like them or not. Especially when switching from something very light like MX Reds to something very heavy and tactile like the clears.

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 22:29:49 »
Sounds like good advice to me. When I get the money I will most likely buy some clears and 62-65g springs and just sell them if I don't like em.
Leopold FC660M MX Reds | Poker X 62g  Ergoclear modded and plate modded (out of comission) | IBM Model M 1391401 | Dell AT101 | Compaq RT101 | HHKB Pro 2 | WASD CODE TKL MX Clears

Avid vape collector and advocate. I used to work at to renowned vape shops here in New Jersey. Message me for any vape related questions.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 23:31:22 »
65g clears are teh sex

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 23:34:54 »
I thought I was going to prefer 65g Clears so I initially got 65g springs.  But... testing them out (and some lighter springs), I actually like 62g Clears the most.  They are significantly lighter.  I think 65g springs from Originative could be more like 67g, because there was a very clear difference and a noticeable stiffness increase going from 62g springs to 65g springs.  65g from Originative definitely made the switches reset faster and were pretty quiet.  But they did feel a bit bouncy and stiff, and like a workout for my finger.  I'm doing 62g instead now.  Softer and less of a workout.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 23:37:52 »
65g clears, reporting in. They feel great. I don't think you can go wrong with either 62g or 65g if you end up not liking stock clears. Brown/Red springs are too light for use with clears, imo.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 00:38:04 »
65g clears are teh sex

You've never tried 67g Clears  ;D

I do agree that 65g Clears are really nice though.  Personally I can't stand them with a Red/Blue/Brown spring or a 55g spring.  The bump is just too big and sticky.  62g and up is the good stuff.

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 00:45:26 »
Sifo has personally told me that the springs from others besides the black are generally too light