Author Topic: Hi...  (Read 1454 times)

Offline KillerCheeze

Hi...
« on: Sat, 06 July 2013, 10:38:46 »
Hi I may be lost!

I was directed here by a current member of this community, I won't name drop, I know him from online gaming.

Anyway, I know nothing about mechanical keyboards or keycaps or any of that stuff... but I am interested so I'll have a nosey around the place and I may just consider buying my first one soon...

KillerCheeze

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
Re: Hi...
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 06 July 2013, 11:04:44 »
Welcome to Geekhack! I't good to see interested folks being brought here by our members. Hopefully you will be able to nourish your interest and not empty your wallet as much as some end up doing.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have and I expect you'll get good answers.

Offline SeriouSSpotS

• 60% is love, 60% is life
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 06 July 2013, 11:22:59 »
Welcome to Geekhack :cool:
QFR - MX black   |   Poker X - Panda Clears   |   Poker 2 - MX blue

Offline KillerCheeze

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 07 July 2013, 10:38:32 »
Thanks for the warm welcome and already said member spent quite a while last night talking to me about the pro's and con's of the different types of keyboards out there.

He suggested the Ducky Shine II tenkeyless but after spending a lot of time mulling it over, a whole 10 minutes, I realised I really do need the full keyboard as I rely too much on the keypad etc when doing bits of programming and spreadsheets. So today, my wallet £120 lighter, I am the owner of a Ducky DK-9008 Shine II, Black Cherry MX Switches with the Blue LED BackLight.

So far I'm pretty pleased and can feel a real difference when using it.

Now to turn my attention to creating my own keycaps, which is part of the reason I wanted to get into this.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 07 July 2013, 10:40:43 »
Where did you purchase the Ducky from in the UK? Never really looked at duckies, if I'm honest.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline KillerCheeze

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 07 July 2013, 10:56:54 »
Micro Direct, they are only a 15 minute drive from me... they seem to stock quite a vast range of Duckie's.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 07 July 2013, 11:02:35 »
Thanks!
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline bigcity_

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 07 July 2013, 11:27:54 »
Welcome!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 07 July 2013, 15:08:43 »
cheeze is a friend of mine, i feel just awful he has found this place through me, he even has children

what have i done
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON