Author Topic: Long time lurker & my keyboard story  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Kiraaaa

Long time lurker & my keyboard story
« on: Sun, 07 July 2013, 01:16:59 »
Okay maybe not THAT long.. but been lurking since prob Oct 2012? Back when I first heard about the Logitech G710+ and wanted to know more about mechanical keyboards, even though my brother already owned 2 at that point.

I did A LOT of reading and learned a lot from this forum.. and just couple weeks ago I finally decided to purchase my first mech kb.
I actually ended up buying two keyboards in that one day, haha (mech keyboards are a dangerous and expensive hobby)
The G710+ and the CM Storm QFR Stealth in Blues.
I really liked a lot of things about the g710+, especially since I'm coming from (and still using) my 6 year old Logitech G15 v1, so there were a lot of similar features and it would be an easy transition/upgrade plus I like brown switches (my bro has the Storm Trigger in Browns). But right out of the box, I was (surprisingly) not very happy with the G710+ (even though I imagined it to be the perfect keyboard for me) and immediately decided that I was gonna return it.
For some reason, I ended up going out the same day and picked up the highly regarded QFR in Blues.. even though I always hated Blues and knew that they weren't the switch for me. And yea.. I don't like them still, lol.

Later, I took out the rubber o-rings from the G710+ and realized that was the problem of why it felt weird and I disliked it at first... but I still ended up returning it because it just wasn't worth the money for me. Felt more of a side-grade, or even a downgrade, and couldn't justify the price.

So yea. G710+ returned. Still have the QFR Stealth w/ Blue that I'm trying to sell or trade to get my hands on a Brown one. And currently using my trusty old G15 :D
That's my story so far... still on my journey looking for that ultimate keyboard :P

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: Long time lurker & my keyboard story
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 08 July 2013, 23:29:49 »
Welcome aboard and I used to own G15 v2 and G19 myself.  Ever since I joined GH, they're both now in the closet waiting to be thrown out. lol
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline SeriouSSpotS

• 60% is love, 60% is life
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 09 July 2013, 05:16:41 »
Welcome to Geekhack :cool:
QFR - MX black   |   Poker X - Panda Clears   |   Poker 2 - MX blue

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 09 July 2013, 07:28:03 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I actually started lurking about the same time you did. And every time I look back on it I wish I registered sooner lol. :D