Author Topic: [FS] "old" Cherry MX Blacks - Cherry Stabilizers  (Read 21577 times)

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Ill take wyse #13 as well. I just submited the form too.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
Might be ordering some vintage blacks soon from you  :cool:

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
28 please.

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
  • Cable maker and future engineer
YGPM
HHKB Pro 2   SmallFry Keyboard

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
Ok, it's 1:55am on 7/13/13 and all orders before now should have been invoiced. If you don't have an invoice, let me know. I'm going to bed now...

Edit: Oh, and if your order does not include cleaning/retr0bright for keycaps, then it should go out by Monday 7/15. I am going to do my best to get the cleaning/retr0bright done this weekend as well, but that does take a little time obviously and I can only do so many at once.

28 please.

I have you down for it. If you fill out the form in the OP I will invoice you. Thanks
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 July 2013, 01:59:48 by whiskytango »
I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
Everything arrived safe and sound WhiskyTango. Thank you so much!

Offline Sai

made payment just awhile ago.

ok really paid. :D
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 July 2013, 10:29:09 by Sai »
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline badcop

• thorpe thocking master race
paid.  thanks WT!
| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87
| COMING SOON™ | MX Red GH60 | Ergo Clear GH60 |

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
Here's a shot of the Vintage MX-Black I received yesterday next to a modern brown to show the comparison. You'll probably want to click on the photo and head to Flickr so you can see it a bit larger.

Vintage and New Side-by-Side by cpkey, on Flickr

Thanks again WhiskyTango!

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
Paid! I can't wait to get these vintage blacks even if I have no board to put them on yet  ;D
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
Thanks mashby, awesome pic. I never think of this during daylight hours, and you prompted me to do some more comparison shots of old and new Cherry MX switches. Please forgive the tater pics.

Left to right: (the only types I am selling are 1,2, and 4)

1. "Old" Cherry Black - Notice the medium font centered on cherries, whole logo is same width as the plunger, with beveled inside edge of the top housing. To me, that beveled edge on this type is distinctive, especially when you move it and see the light reflect of the shiny part of the bevel. It's definitely a different type of top housing from the other switches here, but I'm not sure where these fall, so I am grouping them with the "Old" Cherry Blacks. I saw someone call these "vintage" before, and they may be right, but I'm just not sure. From old WYSE terminal board.

2. "Vintage" black. Has the larger font centered on the cherries and the whole logo is slightly wider than the plunger. These are the ones I have seen others in the know label as "vintage". From old WYSE terminal board.

3. "Modern" Blue, current production. Here for comparison only. Notice the font is small, but centered on the cherries, and the whole logo is slightly narrower than the plunger. This is on a Rosewill RK-9000.

4. "Old" Cherry Black. Notice the logo is small like current production and is slightly narrower than the plunger, but also notice that the font is top aligned with the cherries, not centered. I have seen these called "modern" but if you compare it to the modern blue in #3 or to the modern brown in mashby's pic above, you can see they are not the same. But, those who came before me say that only the larger logo means vintage, so I am calling these "Old" to distinguish them from "Vintage" and "Modern". From old WYSE terminal board.

5. "Vintage" Blue, here purely for comparison (Read: NOT FOR SALE). Notice the larger logo centered on cherries and slightly wider than the plunger, same as "Vintage" Blacks. I believe this particular switch came from an old Dolch board, courtesy of jdcarpe.

More angles:

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
Awesome information... Thank you very much!

Offline Neal

Paid my invoice, thank you very much!

Offline Sifo

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Illustrious
Ye my invoice was paid too.
I love Elzy

Offline affect656

I have not received my invoice
I like linear.

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
Paid. 

Thank you!

Offline Findecanor

I would like:

* Set #44: (Wyse WY-60. "Fair" condition. No hat caps)
* 12 Cherry Plate Mount Stabilisers
* International postage. (Sweden)

If someone had snatched up set #44 before me, I would like another set which does not have hat Caps. I want that Ctrl key. :)
🍉

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
I would like:

* Set #44: (Wyse WY-60. "Fair" condition. No hat caps)
* 12 Cherry Plate Mount Stabilisers
* International postage. (Sweden)

If someone had snatched up set #44 before me, I would like another set which does not have hat Caps. I want that Ctrl key. :)

It looks like 44 is still available. Shipping to Sweden is $12.75 First Class / $23.95 Priority. I will assume you want the cheaper option, but please let me know if you want to upgrade shipping.

I confirm that this set does not have "hat" caps. I like that description, lol. They are certainly strange caps.

Offline jabar

Can I just buy switches?

e: not thinking straight, placing order
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 July 2013, 02:00:16 by jabar »
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
Can I just buy switches?

e: not thinking straight, placing order

Yes, I got your order, thanks.

ATTENTION NEW ORDERS: I might be out of "Vintage" blacks. You can still fill the form if you want, just know that I might not have any more available after I process all the current orders. I just don't have an exact count of how many I started with since I was estimating based on how many boards I had. A quick tally of the orders tells me I might be close to being out though. Once I get all the currently invoiced orders sorted out by the end of this weekend, I will update with something more specific.

I still have plenty of the other "old" switches though since 90% of people wanted vintage. I do also have 5 more boards in shipment to me now, but I just don't know yet how many vintage switches they will have.

This does not apply to you if you've already been invoiced for vintage blacks. I believe I have enough to cover those orders. I swear these weren't this popular last time I sold a bunch of switches. Thanks everyone for all the interest!

Offline TopazPie

Paid yesterday

:)

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
>>Order Status<<

I also added a link to the order status spreadsheet in the OP.

I dropped off a batch of packages to the Post Office this morning. I am taking another batch tomorrow morning. If you didn't receive an email shipping notification and you need shipping info, just let me know.

Also I am officially out of "vintage" blacks for the time being.

Offline affect656

That was really quick to ship, thought it would take a while longer guess I'm just really used to groupbuys.
I like linear.

Offline jabar

Paid last night :-)
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline aj-kun

Set number 29 claimed!

Offline n0rvig

WhiskeyTango, just wanted to say thanks for being awesome & fast.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Got my stuff today! Thanks again.

Offline Turkishrambo

ordered a bunch of plate mount cherry stabs. Thanks :)

Offline tgujay

Paid!  http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=81421 evaluate me if you don't mind :)
Gotta collect them all

Offline sleepy916

• Trade Count: (3)
I got them today, they look good. The thick ones are pretty nice. ;]

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
Got my vintage blacks today.. Thanks WT!

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Mine are in Miami  :cool: :cool:
I love Elzy

Offline TopazPie

Got my stuff yesterday. Looks great :D

Thanks

Offline jabar

Well,

my stuff arrived.

Just wanted to let you know, Mr whiskytango, that I appreciate the cheap old Cherry MX switches. I needed them for my Phantom and I was short for a long time... Thanks!

Phantom 7bit

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
Just a random note, thanx to this thread I learned that I do in fact have some vintage blues. I was debating that fact until I saw your comparison and looked at the difference between a recently harvested QFR with blues and an old keyboard I took apart.

In short, I have some vintage blues I need to add to my GH60 PCB when I get it.

Thanx A LOT!!!

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
@do_Og@n That's cool about your vintage blues. Congrats. I have about 200, planning on putting them on my Phantom and at least one of my gh60s.

To anyone interested: I have a lot of leftover parts from tearing down all these WYSE boards. If anyone is interested in the cases, plates or PCBs leftover, you can have them for actual shipping costs. I don't know if any if this stuff is useful, but maybe it is to you?

Also, the comment above reminds me, blues are my favorite switches, but I am also interested in trying out clears and whites. If you have any blues, whites, or clears you want to trade for anything, I'm open to that.

MKULTRA, domoaligato, AcidFire, and codyeatworld, your orders are now packaged and labeled and will be dropped off at the post office first thing Monday morning. AFAIK, everyone who has paid is packaged and shipped or will be shipped Monday morning, except those of you I have talked to directly about other arrangements.

Thanks everybody.

Offline tgujay

@do_Og@n That's cool about your vintage blues. Congrats. I have about 200, planning on putting them on my Phantom and at least one of my gh60s.

To anyone interested: I have a lot of leftover parts from tearing down all these WYSE boards. If anyone is interested in the cases, plates or PCBs leftover, you can have them for actual shipping costs. I don't know if any if this stuff is useful, but maybe it is to you?

Also, the comment above reminds me, blues are my favorite switches, but I am also interested in trying out clears and whites. If you have any blues, whites, or clears you want to trade for anything, I'm open to that.

MKULTRA, domoaligato, AcidFire, and codyeatworld, your orders are now packaged and labeled and will be dropped off at the post office first thing Monday morning. AFAIK, everyone who has paid is packaged and shipped or will be shipped Monday morning, except those of you I have talked to directly about other arrangements.

Thanks everybody.

Got my keys and switches yesterday, 210 MX Blacks looks like less than you'd think haha, the caps were in great condition and after like a hour oxyclean bath to rid of the old smell they look brand new, don't notice any yellowing.  Thanks so much whiskytango, depending on how much shipping I would probably be interested in a plate and case from a WYSE PCE.
Gotta collect them all

Offline AGmurdercore

PMed!
What the hell am I even doing

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
Got my two sets of caps yesterday, all cleaned and minty fresh!  Thanks!

;D

Offline iAmAhab

• Established member
Want set number 33

Offline lotus1109

Hi, can I have the model of WYSE which has vinyage black?

I found a seller locally and I have no idea how to check whether it is vintage black or not..

thanks in advance :)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

I found a seller locally and I have no idea how to check whether it is vintage black or not..

thanks in advance :)

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45679.msg959021#msg959021

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim

There is no particular model #. You just have to look at the individual switches. Most wyse boards have a mix of large and small font Cherry logos on the switches. And I'm still not convinced there is a difference between the two, but those in the know say the large font logo is better. Hope that helps.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
I shouldve posted this earlier but I received my 200 pack of vintage Blacks last Thursday. Thank you WhiskyTango!!

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
Mines arrived at the post yesterday, going to grab them today!
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline tgujay

I shouldve posted this earlier but I received my 200 pack of vintage Blacks last Thursday. Thank you WhiskyTango!!

Whew, I'm not the only one to order 200 haha, I'm starting to think it wasn't enough...
Gotta collect them all

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
I actually have had six people order 200 each. No one ordered more than that though. By the way, I still have a bunch of the "old" switches left too. When I say a bunch I mean somewhere in the neighborhood of 2,000...

Somebody buy those Imsto PBT caps please! I know somebody wants them...

Thanks everybody for the feedback. Heatware feedback is also welcome, and those of you who have requested heatware from me, I will get to it when I can, I promise.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
Has anyone found an odd MX Dark Gray or two among their switches? :D
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline BlueBär

Probably a spacebar switch?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
Ok, are these Dark Grays?  When testing them (unmounted, pressing with fingers), I can't really tell a difference between them and regular MX Blacks.  Could be a small difference that I'd feel once they are mounted--I don't know.

Pure Black stems are on the left side: front, and one far back.  Middle left is undecided...  It's not pure black, but also quite dark to be gray...

I have 2 more of the ones like the "undecided" switch.  3 total of the obviously gray ones.
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 July 2013, 15:59:11 by Photoelectric »
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -