Author Topic: Good Day everyone!  (Read 1289 times)

Offline mcbonz

Good Day everyone!
« on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 10:45:43 »
Hi folks,

I'm a guy from Germany that finally decided to sign up and join the league of the mechanical keyboard knights. Being a soon to be software developer I am going to spend a whole lot of time typing. That's why in the beginning I just wanted to find a high quality keyboard. I read about the different layouts and switches and finally found my way to this lovely place on the web.  ;D

I don't own a proper kb yet but since I just got my bachelors this is going to be a little gift for my self once I found a job  :)) Don't know what I want yet though.... :p

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
  • Nibble or Nybble either way it sounds delicious!
Re: Good Day everyone!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 10:49:54 »
Glad to see a soon to be developer! congratz! Also good luck on the search. I may say I enjoy my WASD keyboard and their V2's are coming out really soon.

Here: WASDKeyboards.com
WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue
Custom Miami QFR - MX Green
Handwired Redox-Manuform - Box Pink/Box Navy
KBD67 MKII PolyCarbonate - Gateron CJ

Offline SeriouSSpotS

• 60% is love, 60% is life
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 10:55:46 »
Welcome to Geekhack :cool:
QFR - MX black   |   Poker X - Panda Clears   |   Poker 2 - MX blue

Offline mcbonz

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 11:39:33 »
Glad to see a soon to be developer! congratz! Also good luck on the search. I may say I enjoy my WASD keyboard and their V2's are coming out really soon.

I actually already looked at them  ;)
I like that you can design custom labels which would be super awesome since I'd love some geeky stuff like a binary number block, etc.
The only thing is that I heard a lot of negative comments about their lasering. Also on photos the material they use looks very bumpy to me.
What do you think about it? do you own a wasd yourself?
I personally think the material of the CCnG for example looks way more like something I'd like.

Offline ITzNybble

• Formerly curro123083
  • Nibble or Nybble either way it sounds delicious!
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 11:58:13 »

I actually already looked at them  ;)
I like that you can design custom labels which would be super awesome since I'd love some geeky stuff like a binary number block, etc.
The only thing is that I heard a lot of negative comments about their lasering. Also on photos the material they use looks very bumpy to me.
What do you think about it? do you own a wasd yourself?
I personally think the material of the CCnG for example looks way more like something I'd like.

I was more stating the build quality of the board not necessarily the keycaps. The keycaps are just lasered or engraved ABS plastic (nothing to special about it besides being custom).

The CCnG are double shot ABS plastic so yes they are of higher quality. You could always get a "barebones" WASD (no keycaps) and buy a custom set like the CCnG.

I will say that the WASD keycaps are not rough unless engraved of course. They are smooth ABS plastic so they will end up with a shine quicker than PBT keycaps.

I do own a WASD V1 and I love having a custom colored and legend board to my personal liking(fonts was a big thing for me) With group buys you are locked into a general set of legends unlike with WASD if you use their template and upload your own. I have had no issues with my board to date and it has been almost two years now.

There are plenty of Mech Boards out their though, MX Cherry, Topre, Buckling Springs, etc. so take your time and pick wisely or you will start blowing through money buying and trying a lot of boards. Good part of that though is you can sell the ones you don't like in the classifieds after you have reached 60 posts I think.

Again welcome to GeekHack.

WASD V1 Custom - MX Blue
Custom Miami QFR - MX Green
Handwired Redox-Manuform - Box Pink/Box Navy
KBD67 MKII PolyCarbonate - Gateron CJ