Author Topic: Deck/TG3 Custom Keycap  (Read 3216 times)

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
Deck/TG3 Custom Keycap
« on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 13:50:16 »
I ran across the image below, and was wondering if this was actually a real keycap, or just Photoshopped.

It sure looks like one of the oddball caps used on the TG3 board I have, right down to the pad of different material on the top.  Anyone seen these for sale anywhere?

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
Re: Deck/TG3 Custom Keycap
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 13:53:19 »
It's real.

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 13:55:50 »
Here it is

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 13:56:10 »
I don't think they sell it on its own, but I've seen more than a few people comment that they got one with the Deck 82 or Legend that they bought.  You can pick something similar up off of eBay, but the cap is really cheap and low quality.

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 13:56:32 »
Here it is

Show Image

Nice!

Where did you get that?

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 13:59:38 »
I got the Deck 82 board and have that one bro!

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 14:04:32 »
Looks like I'll have to see if anyone wants to sell/trade their stock Deck (Toxic?) keycap.    :p

Thanks for all the responses!

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 15:04:51 »
Deck used to have an add on pack of special keycaps for their keyboards. This was one, and they had a few others.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 03:31:48 »
Looks like I'll have to see if anyone wants to sell/trade their stock Deck (Toxic?) keycap.    :p

I would be happy to sell (really don't like how it looks), but given that I'm in Singapore you should exhaust your CONUS options first. Or else you could also buy something else from me and combine shipping. I'm happy to sell an entire set of totally NEW Deck keycaps because I can't use the 12v Leds anyway on my new TG3 space saver. (The toxic comes from my Deck 105 key legend.)

In any case it is not cheap and low quality. It is a doubleshot PBT. It looks cheap only if you are using your Deck keyboard without the backlight on.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 07:57:07 »

I would be happy to sell (really don't like how it looks), but given that I'm in Singapore you should exhaust your CONUS options first. Or else you could also buy something else from me and combine shipping. I'm happy to sell an entire set of totally NEW Deck keycaps because I can't use the 12v Leds anyway on my new TG3 space saver. (The toxic comes from my Deck 105 key legend.)

In any case it is not cheap and low quality. It is a doubleshot PBT. It looks cheap only if you are using your Deck keyboard without the backlight on.

I appreciate the offer!  I have two TG3-82's, the one with red LEDs, and the one with 12v white LEDs, so I'm not sure I actually need another full set of caps, but you never know...   ;D

If I can't find one semi-locally I'll send you a PM.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 14:09:47 »
12v white LEDs? Never seen a TG3 with that before. Looks like I haven't been trolling ebay enough  :p :p :p I only know 12v reds (not as if I have ever seen them lighted before, heh)

ok, cheapest I can do for a toxic is $5 shipped from Singapore. You should be able to find something cheaper CONUS and not have to wait 3 weeks. :eek: I'm also selling light purple and light green PBT lasered 37-keycaps and totally new Cherry doubleshots (pulled them off new keyboard), so if you get them at least I can send you the stuff in a box.

Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 09:00:14 »
Locking the thread, keycap incoming.

:cool: