Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8650728 times)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #4750 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 23:36:12 »
Man those clacks were so close, but just out of my price range. Can't believe I'm even entertaining the thought of paying above retail but I need another clack in my life.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #4751 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 23:44:59 »
"we are the man, not woman" not sure what this means but I'm on board.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4752 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 00:05:14 »
My Board Blue from Pacifist is in the post :$

Yup. I'm an idiot.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 August 2014, 00:27:10 by katushkin »
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #4753 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 00:24:57 »

Wrong thread?

But congrats!!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4754 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 00:27:32 »
Yeah. That was silly.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4755 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 00:56:01 »
Horray for t2russo finally completing his F2 collection

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #4756 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 01:04:22 »
No one need therapy for missing germy F2 sale?

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #4757 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 01:07:57 »
No one need therapy for missing germy F2 sale?

I do :( I thought for sure I had gotten in on time, was excited for my first potential clack. Germy said i was second guy to PM him..

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #4758 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 09:28:25 »
(Attachment Link)

Yep, yep. Congrats!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #4759 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 09:30:27 »

Yup. I'm an idiot.

Never thought anyone would actually buy that....

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #4760 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 09:35:05 »

Yup. I'm an idiot.

There's always one.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #4761 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 09:52:51 »

Yup. I'm an idiot.

There's always one.

The community was actually doing a pretty good job of stonewalling that ludicrous display but like you said, there's always that one guy  :rolleyes:

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline pbtforever

« Reply #4762 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 12:12:24 »
What is click clacks email?

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #4763 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 12:16:38 »
Does anyone know what "F2" stands for or if it has any significance in F2 Red/Black/Blue/etc?

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #4764 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 12:18:32 »
Does anyone know what "F2" stands for or if it has any significance in F2 Red/Black/Blue/etc?

Factory second, if I remember correctly.

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #4765 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 12:43:23 »

Factory second, if I remember correctly.

correct

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #4766 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 12:49:46 »
(Attachment Link)

hmm, well it's impossible to complete an F2 collection, since each F2 can be totally unique, so there is the chance that the next F2 will be totally different from anything that you already have.   It's not like a Hack Orange skull, which are all the same.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4767 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 14:15:43 »
I don't understand why everyone was so against his sale of those brobots. He isn't the first person to sell an artisan cap for that price, and he certainly won't be the last.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #4768 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 14:19:41 »
I don't understand why everyone was so against his sale of those brobots. He isn't the first person to sell an artisan cap for that price, and he certainly won't be the last.

Because pacifist is a douchebag.

Also, because BroCaps highly discourages the buying and selling of his creations for profit. See his FAQ. You can be blacklisted from future sales for it.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #4769 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 14:20:50 »

Don't want to derail the thread but I agree, I don't see the difference someone will always pay and if you enjoy it that's fine you got your moneys worth as long as you enjoy it don't let anyone else tell you what to do :/

Plus I'm pretty flipping sure a lot of people here have paid more for some items..
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4770 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 14:23:40 »

Reason 1:  Bro explicitly asks not to resell at jacked up prices in his FAQ.

Reason 2: Pacifist was trying to make a profit on everything in the thread, much of which had been used and should have commanded lower prices.

Reason 3: Pacifist had just run a "group buy" where he charged inflated prices for caps he claimed were in excellent condition, practically new, and everyone who got a set had issues and they were C grade caps.

Reason 4:  Pacifist had burned bridges before with his behavior, was always the victim in his mind, and never apologized.  People were tired of his **** and called him out on it.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #4771 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 14:29:47 »
Duly noted Nub, I had to talk with someone at first to find out this anyway I hope Mr Clacky makes those cool 3D ones again :X Maybe even with GiD eyes this time O: or maybe a building block clack with the nubs having his log on I know he likes lego :D

Also I do not know of the clack getting from sales but in time I will :)

Plus I can always just look at everything Nasfuu has, that fellow must have hundreds of them O.o
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline asassdsd

• Call me "Jelly"
« Reply #4772 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 16:26:05 »
Duly noted Nub, I had to talk with someone at first to find out this anyway I hope Mr Clacky makes those cool 3D ones again :X Maybe even with GiD eyes this time O: or maybe a building block clack with the nubs having his log on I know he likes lego :D

Plus I can always just look at everything Nasfuu has, that fellow must have hundreds of them O.o

You should have seen jdcarpe or tsangan's collection then...
This isn't an alternative or troll account, I've been using this username for at least 10 years. Try typing it, is so fast and easy!

Recently acquired: Leopold fc660c with PBT   Currently: Bro-less    Clack-less    Mummy-less
I am currently at : Santa Cruz, CA

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #4773 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 16:29:42 »

Not mine. jcrouse. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #4774 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 16:32:19 »

Not mine. jcrouse. :)

I lol'ed. Here's my mint gum for your OG Tri, JD.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #4775 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 16:33:06 »

eth0s as well

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #4776 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 16:34:43 »
kisakuku...

in memoriam

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #4777 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 16:41:31 »
kisakuku...

The ultimate disappearing act!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #4778 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 16:42:54 »
I love Elzy

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #4779 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 17:11:33 »
I have no problem with Pacifist, my only experience with him was buying a single GH key for a reasonable price that was delivered quickly and was in great condition.

My issue comes from two places. First and foremost is that people have no right to profit so grossly from something they did less than nothing to contribute to. The only thing a person has to do is get lucky. In my opinion that does not entitle you to override the wishes of the artist whose sweat and blood actually produced the item.

Secondly, that is a key that is now essentially locked out of the hands of many who might have one day cherished it that don't have the means or desire to spend $150+ for it. Barring a few very rare cases, virtually no one is going to sell an artisan key for less than they paid for it. For me, that key now basically doesn't exist due to pricing. Board Blue is one of my favorite Bros and I would have jumped at the chance to own one for a reasonable price, but since this one will likely always be sold for in excess of $150 it may as well not even exist for me.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4780 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 17:25:49 »

http://wiki.geekhack.org/index.php?title=Click_Clack#Skull_Qualities
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #4781 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 17:39:49 »
I think that the general problem with buying and selling items is that it is hard to tell the enthusiast from the person who is just out to make a buck (though there are signs).

Additionally, if you punish these kind of sales there are about a dozen ways in which they can sell the keycaps without ever using the Geekhack classifieds. And I am not sure whether invisible "behind closed doors" kind of sales are better than the way things are now.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 August 2014, 17:53:33 by Grim Fandango »
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #4782 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 18:19:46 »
Yeah.. What strict said. Now the Board Blue will go at a min of $150. This is the case for most CC too. Somebody made big bucks and now the price can only continue to climb! Isn't that the case for most things too- properties, for example.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4783 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 18:23:36 »
Yeah.. What strict said. Now the Board Blue will go at a min of $150. This is the case for most CC too. Somebody made big bucks and now the price can only continue to climb! Isn't that the case for most things too- properties, for example.

Property can devalue and there are bubbles.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #4784 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 18:26:28 »
If you won something in the Freedom sale, check your Paypal for the tracking number. :)
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #4785 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 18:26:57 »
So can clack and BB once the next big thing arrive to grab all our attention away from keyboards.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #4786 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 18:28:52 »

Don't worry bro.if i ever decide to get rid of my board blue, you'll be the first to know and it will be at retail (or a trade ;))
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #4787 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 18:31:25 »
Heh.. Thanks exitfire :thumb: that's very nice of you, he he.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #4788 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 18:32:49 »
Heh.. Thanks exitfire :thumb: that's very nice of you, he he.

Np, just remembered you saying you wanted a topre board blue when i got mine. So if i decide I'd like something different or to get out of the cap game, it's yours.

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #4789 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 18:34:33 »
I don't want to see the day you have to exit the game though. It's so much fun having people like you in GH to hang out with.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4790 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 18:40:06 »
I see where you guys are coming from. Where I could come out and say I'm not going to make a profit from it if I sell it on, you probably wouldn't believe me, and if I said I was going get rid of it for trade or less than I payed for it if I do eventually want to get rid, you would probably believe me even less. So we will cross that bridge when we get to it.

I just wanted a bro so bad, and I've never had a problem with pacifist. I was willing to pay that much, one of the few that was it would seem, and I'm sorry if people think this is now inaccessible for them, but I won't be selling it for $150. I would like to know how many of them there are though.

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #4791 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 19:06:35 »
I see where you guys are coming from. Where I could come out and say I'm not going to make a profit from it if I sell it on, you probably wouldn't believe me, and if I said I was going get rid of it for trade or less than I payed for it if I do eventually want to get rid, you would probably believe me even less. So we will cross that bridge when we get to it.
I think these are pretty normal modes, so I wouldn't worry about it.
I just wanted a bro so bad, and I've never had a problem with pacifist. I was willing to pay that much, one of the few that was it would seem, and I'm sorry if people think this is now inaccessible for them, but I won't be selling it for $150. I would like to know how many of them there are though.
I can understand this. I overpaid for my first couple of clacks. I don't regret it but I am not going to pay that much for caps again.
Also: I at one point owned a board blue. It is a very lovely color, enjoy!
RETIRED

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #4792 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 19:11:07 »
I don't want to see the day you have to exit the game though. It's so much fun having people like you in GH to hang out with.

No worries bro. I'll be around long after im out of the collecting game. My hhkb and race 2 aren't going anywhere. That's all thanks to this forum

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4793 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 19:40:51 »
I can understand this. I overpaid for my first couple of clacks. I don't regret it but I am not going to pay that much for caps again.
Also: I at one point owned a board blue. It is a very lovely color, enjoy!

Well I got my V1 for free from leesofi so I think I balanced it all out hah! And yeah, it goes pretty well with my blue and white Vortex DS set :)

Offline asassdsd

• Call me "Jelly"
« Reply #4794 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 22:35:51 »
HOLY S***, I lived 4 minutes away from CC.
This isn't an alternative or troll account, I've been using this username for at least 10 years. Try typing it, is so fast and easy!

Recently acquired: Leopold fc660c with PBT   Currently: Bro-less    Clack-less    Mummy-less

Offline calavera

« Reply #4795 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 22:51:59 »
Go through his trash! May be you'll find some defect clacks :P

Offline asassdsd

• Call me "Jelly"
« Reply #4796 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 22:53:25 »
Go through his trash! May be you'll find some defect clacks :P

HOLY, u mean I can get those one of a kind Factory thirds? I dont want cc to see me as a stalker and call the police on me!

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #4797 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 22:56:36 »
what if someone bought a clack/brobot off someone else at a jacked-up price? would it be okay for him to sell it off at an equally jacked up price?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #4798 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 23:06:40 »
what if someone bought a clack/brobot off someone else at a jacked-up price? would it be okay for him to sell it off at an equally jacked up price?

Technically yes. People were pissed at Pac because he bought it retail and jacked the price up like an arsehole despite everyone including Bro asking him not to.

The whole aftermarket artisans thing is problematic. Like someone else said earlier as soon as someone comes in and bumps the price it will more than likely never get sold for less than that again. So in addition to the caps being rare as hell you now have a tier of them that might as well no longer exist due to the ridiculous price people paid for them.

People wonder why certain members around here seem to get more caps than others, honestly if it was me making them I'd always give majority preference to collectors and long serving members over new users. At least that way you know that they won't turn around a week later and flip it for a profit like so many others have.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #4799 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 23:09:13 »

A notable concern, if I were the key cap seller, would be the potential to get myself blacklisted even though I may be making no or little profit. How is an artisan supposed to know what you paid for the key? What's to stop someone from selling a key for $200 that they purchased second-hand for close to retail but publicly claim you paid $195?