Author Topic: Oh Hi!  (Read 950 times)

Offline Mad_Doktor

Oh Hi!
« on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 13:00:23 »
Hello Everyone!

I'm a bit late in saying hi to the community as I had decided to spend my first post in a GB thread!  :p

I got into mechanical keyboards sometime last year when I found some keyboard reviews on GH... The reviews helped me make my first purchase which was a CM QFR w/ blue switches which I was happy with but I think the LSHIFT key is not registering key presses on occasion due to too much Diablo 3... but no matter, I'll look into it later.

I joined GH because there is a strong sense of community and sharing coupled with a fanatical obsession for the obscure (to the general public) is something I identify with.

I purchased my first IBM model M from Craigslist yesterday and am very happy with it so far, feels great when I type and I love hearing the feedback. Hopefully, my office will be OK with it when I bring it in to work, lol.

My first keyboard EVER was a Microsoft Natural Keyboard which I eventually traded in for something shinier back in the day but may end up picking it up again if I can find it at Goodwill as I am a bargain hunter at heart.

So once again, hello to everyone and I encourage the community to keep writing those reviews. I'm sure there are many anonymous internet users who happen upon GH like I did and fully appreciate the treasure trove of information available here.

Cheers,
MD

CM QFR - Cherry Blue | CM Storm Trigger - Cherry Brown | Keycool 84 - Cherry Black | Corsair K95 - Cherry Red | IBM Model M '93

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
Re: Oh Hi!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 13:04:34 »
Welcome to the forum!

And congrats on the Model M!  I just bought two more, to add to the collection.   :p

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Oh Hi!
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 13:05:09 »
Welcome! Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay!!