Author Topic: Shun Edo 4-Piece Steak Knives  (Read 3517 times)

Offline xredman

Shun Edo 4-Piece Steak Knives
« on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 14:20:39 »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
Re: Shun Edo 4-Piece Steak Knives
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 14:26:19 »
That's an impressive price for a good knife company.  I've used some of the older Shun Kramer stuff and it was nice.

May end up trying these...

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 14:28:43 »
Shun knives are awesome.  I got a set of Shun Alton's Angles one Christmas since they were super cheap on Woot and they are by far the best knives I have ever used.  Good knives are so worth it.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 14:31:59 »
Shun knives are awesome.  I got a set of Shun Alton's Angles one Christmas since they were super cheap on Woot and they are by far the best knives I have ever used.  Good knives are so worth it.

Unless you get careless like me with a good kramer blade and nearly cut your middle finger off at the top knuckle.

That was fun.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 14:33:46 »
Unless you get careless like me with a good kramer blade and nearly cut your middle finger off at the top knuckle.

That was fun.

At least it heals fast and clean since it was a nice clean cut.  When I sliced my knuckle open with a pocket knife doing something stupid while whittling, it took a while to heal and left a noticeable scar.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 14:54:17 »

That was fun.

At least it heals fast and clean since it was a nice clean cut.  When I sliced my knuckle open with a pocket knife doing something stupid while whittling, it took a while to heal and left a noticeable scar.

I have a slight scar tissue lump that tingles when I touch it and it itched and ached for about a month, but yeah, the sharpness of the blade helped with keeping the BS to a minimum.  I just couldn't do much in terms of holding stuff for a while because of stiches.