Author Topic: Cherry Profile Thick PBT on Ducky Board  (Read 3423 times)

Offline tbc

Cherry Profile Thick PBT on Ducky Board
« on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 02:38:12 »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KBC-Grey-Blank-Thick-PBT-104-Keyset-Cherry-MX-Keycaps-/330950287238?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d0e2c9f86

will these fit on a duck 9087 shine 2?

I'm new to all of this and I'm not sure if there are 'cherry stabilizer' and 'costar stabilizer'-only keycaps

also, I'm told that thick PBT cherry profile black blanks don't and will never exist.  is this set as dark as I can get it?  is there like a 'dark grey' equivalent set out there?

ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
Re: Cherry Profile Thick PBT on Ducky Board
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 04:36:08 »
Should have no problem with fitting on your board .
Your ducky board uses cherry stabilizers

Pbt blanks are just really rare and hard to come by.

You can find dark grey or black on taobao.

Enjoy :)

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline iAmAhab

• Established member
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 05:01:40 »
If you like DSA profile then SP can cater some cheap blank pbt's:
http://keycapsdirect.com/marketplace.php

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 05:03:15 »
No different between stabiliser mounts - if a keycap fits one it will fit the other.

The backlighting will not shine through these much.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tbc

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 14:18:27 »
okay, I totally didn't read the ebay description - they're usually totally useless.

so I'm under the impression that if I want to put the on cherry stabs, I just put them straight on.  if I want to use them on costars, I need to keep the white plastic peg things.

is there currently a groupbuy for really dark thick pbt cherry profile blanks?  or ebay listing?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 14:58:27 »
okay, I totally didn't read the ebay description - they're usually totally useless.

so I'm under the impression that if I want to put the on cherry stabs, I just put them straight on.  if I want to use them on costars, I need to keep the white plastic peg things.

is there currently a groupbuy for really dark thick pbt cherry profile blanks?  or ebay listing?

What's wrong with the ones you listed?

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 15:30:38 »
You can find dark grey or black on taobao.

Not thick and PBT.

I've been waiting years for a set like this to come out. They don't exist in for this exact type.

Offline PepperPanda

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 15:39:01 »
If you like DSA profile then SP can cater some cheap blank pbt's:
http://keycapsdirect.com/marketplace.php

Unfortunately these aren't thick. You could look at imsto's set but I don't think he sells black blanks.

Offline tbc

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 18:15:38 »

they're grey.  i would prefer black or otherwise as dark as possible.  I was just wondering if there was a darker set and I want to see for myself how thick pbt actually feels.

EDIT:  at what point do I get to stop entering captchas for posting?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 19:11:41 »

they're grey.  i would prefer black or otherwise as dark as possible.  I was just wondering if there was a darker set and I want to see for myself how thick pbt actually feels.

EDIT:  at what point do I get to stop entering captchas for posting?

In thinking 10.