Author Topic: Troubleshooting - Laptop  (Read 1701 times)

Offline GeekMark2

Troubleshooting - Laptop
« on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 10:57:05 »
Hey!

Anyone else had this problem...every time I switch my computer off, it does updates. That's every SINGLE time...and it's always 11, or more sometimes.  :eek: I mean, I know that it does happen sometimes, but if it is every time, does that mean there's a problem with it?

Help me pleaseeee :)

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
Re: Troubleshooting - Laptop
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 10:59:53 »
It sounds like the updates are failing to install. Go to the start menu, type in Windows Update, click it, and click View Update History. Does it say for any of them under Statues, "Failed" or are they all "Successful"?
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 11:00:04 »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 11:00:53 »
Hey!

Anyone else had this problem...every time I switch my computer off, it does updates. That's every SINGLE time...and it's always 11, or more sometimes.  :o I mean, I know that it does happen sometimes, but if it is every time, does that mean there's a problem with it?

Help me pleaseeee :)

You just need to change your windows update settings, basically what it sounds like it is doing is downloading and installing them automatically.

Offline GeekMark2

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 09:47:39 »

You just need to change your windows update settings, basically what it sounds like it is doing is downloading and installing them automatically.

Ok thanks. So, do I just need to change them from 'automatic' to 'manual' ?

Offline GeekMark2

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 09:49:25 »
It sounds like the updates are failing to install. Go to the start menu, type in Windows Update, click it, and click View Update History. Does it say for any of them under Statues, "Failed" or are they all "Successful"?

Hey. Thank you for the advice, I checked and there are 2 that say 'Failed'..could you give me some advice on what to do next please?

Thank you!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 09:51:14 »

Ok thanks. So, do I just need to change them from 'automatic' to 'manual' ?

You could try it and see what happens.

I'm curious to know what it is set at now?

Hey. Thank you for the advice, I checked and there are 2 that say 'Failed'..could you give me some advice on what to do next please?

Thank you!

It should give you the option to see what the problem was/is. But if it's failing that could be why it keeps prompting you also.