Author Topic: IBM Model M fixed cable PS/2 ~$30 shipped  (Read 1186 times)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
IBM Model M fixed cable PS/2 ~$30 shipped
« on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 18:26:54 »
I found this newly posted Model M on eBay.  It looks like it needs to be cleaned up a little and there a ding to the case on the right hand side, but it's not a bad deal for $30 shipped considering that it's PS/2 and not anRJ-45 (terminal) keyboard.

Offline Sniping

Re: IBM Model M fixed cable PS/2 ~$30 shipped
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 18:40:38 »
I just picked this up, really needed to try BS, and $30 shipped is just the price that I wanted. Thanks for this. I have no idea about the differences between different S/N's of the Model M, does it matter?

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 19:14:16 »
Looks like you found yourself a good solid keyboard.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 20:38:52 »
Purists will say that a 42H is less desirable than the older ones, but the stores charge $30 for a set of keycaps alone.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 23:24:26 »
He got a really good deal.

And guess what? Our dear seller RAISED the price after he sold the first keyboard! UGH! (Was hoping to get for parts; if not cheap I ain't buying.)

Purists will say that a 42H is less desirable than the older ones, but the stores charge $30 for a set of keycaps alone.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 23:34:39 »
He got a really good deal.

And guess what? Our dear seller RAISED the price after he sold the first keyboard! UGH! (Was hoping to get for parts; if not cheap I ain't buying.)

The seller didn't raise the prices after the first one was sold.  I actually snapped up the nicer of the three that were put up for sale before posting this.  It was $6 more, but didn't have any defects on the body by the looks of it.  The other one at the price I snagged mine for looks filthy and well used though the cable looks to be in great shape.  The reason the one I posted sold for $30 is because there is a big gouge on the right hand side of the case.  The other more expensive ones don't have such obvious defects aside from being filthy.

Offline player3

• hi im player3
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 17:17:31 »
Wow, thanks for posting this! I just ordered one of his other boards that was a little nicer.

Finally going to get my very own IBM Model M! And it's only 5 months older than me :-)
hi im player3