Author Topic: Cursive keycaps  (Read 2725 times)

Offline xmagusx

• QWERTY is hateful.
    • The Ergonomic Zone
Cursive keycaps
« on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 09:16:42 »
Did a few searches but the most I've been able to find are some italic fonts, nothing for full blown cursive / script, which I thought had the potential to make a nice layout. Was wondering if anyone here was aware of anything already made or in the works.

Thanks!

Edit: Since I realize I phrased it poorly initially, what I'm looking for are keycaps which use cursive.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 August 2013, 10:00:06 by xmagusx »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Cursive keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 09:18:48 »
Sounds awful to me. If you need legends at all, they should probably be plainly visible in subdued lighting with failing eyesight.
"It's 110, but it doesn't feel it to me, right. If anybody goes down. Everybody was so worried yesterday about you and they never mentioned me. I'm up here sweating like a dog. They don’t think about me. This is hard work.
Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me. We need every voter. I don't care about you. I just want your vote. I don't care."
- Donald Trump - Las Vegas 2024-06-09

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 09:23:36 »
Alps: vintage Apple (and clones),  vintage Silicon Graphics keyboards. Older Apple Alps are weird profile but good quality, newer vintage Apple (rubber dome) can be OEM-profile and varying quality.

Cherry: Filco Majestouch keycap legends are in Futura Italic, but thin and pad-printed.
🍉

Offline xmagusx

• QWERTY is hateful.
    • The Ergonomic Zone
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 09:51:06 »
Sounds awful to me. If you need legends at all, they should probably be plainly visible in subdued lighting with failing eyesight.
More for the aesthetics than simple function. For folk who want something on their caps (rather than simple blanks), but don't necessarily want the standard boring big block letters. :)

Alps: vintage Apple (and clones),  vintage Silicon Graphics keyboards. Older Apple Alps are weird profile but good quality, newer vintage Apple (rubber dome) can be OEM-profile and varying quality.

Cherry: Filco Majestouch keycap legends are in Futura Italic, but thin and pad-printed.

The ones I found thus far were just italic rather than cursive -- could you link one of the full blown cursive ones?

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 10:31:15 »
I think your only financially feasible option is to order a custom keyset from wasdkeyboards.

Offline xmagusx

• QWERTY is hateful.
    • The Ergonomic Zone
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 13:29:48 »
Not really interested in doing a one-off, was mostly just hoping that someone here would pipe up and tell me about how I had totally missed the eBay seller who had been selling cursive keycaps since the Apple //e. Though if there's nothing out there yet, I might try to take a swing at organizing a group buy or something if the notion sounded interesting to other folks. Not sure how the number keys would look, though.