Author Topic: Tex Beetle - fully programmable?  (Read 3576 times)

Offline Icte

Tex Beetle - fully programmable?
« on: Fri, 16 August 2013, 11:43:09 »
Yes? No? Maybe?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Tex Beetle - fully programmable?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 16 August 2013, 11:43:33 »
No.

Offline Icte

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 16 August 2013, 11:50:46 »
D'oh.

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 16 August 2013, 11:52:50 »
Omg
SmallFry! <3

Offline Icte

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 16 August 2013, 12:01:05 »
Technically every keyboard ever is made is fully programmable, usually however that stops at the factory.

Offline Icte

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 16 August 2013, 12:03:14 »
Technically every keyboard ever is made is fully programmable, usually however that stops at the factory.
Yeah.. But I was thinking fully programmable as in "the KBT Pure Pro is fully programmable. And so is GH60" type of way and not where it stops lol.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 16 August 2013, 12:05:27 »
Yeah.. But I was thinking fully programmable as in "the KBT Pure Pro is fully programmable. And so is GH60" type of way and not where it stops lol.

You sure about the pure??

Just to clarify the boards I know are programmable are the GH60, the phantom, the poker 2 to some extent. And there are aftermarket controllers for some qfr/filco's. And then some of the older cherry boards obviously that have all those extra keys you can do things with.

And then like I said earlier some boards you might be able to drop in a teensy and work something up.

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 16 August 2013, 12:26:19 »

Just to clarify the boards I know are programmable are the GH60, the phantom, the poker 2 to some extent. And there are aftermarket controllers for some qfr/filco's. And then some of the older cherry boards obviously that have all those extra keys you can do things with.

And then like I said earlier some boards you might be able to drop in a teensy and work something up.

AHK?
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 16 August 2013, 12:34:35 »

AHK?

well that's an option.

Offline spiceBar

• ChessTiger.com
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 16 August 2013, 14:23:24 »

KBT Pure: NOT programmable.

KBT Pure Pro: programmable. You can assign a macro to any [Fn]-[Key] or even to any [Key]. Warning: you cannot assign a macro to [Ctrl]-[Key] or [Shift]-[Key] or [Alt]-[Key]. However you can assign a macro to just [Ctrl] or just [Shift] or just [Alt] if you wish or really any [Key] except [Fn] and [Pn]. For example my Right-Shift does [Home] and my Right-Ctrl does [End].

The Pure and Pure Pro are really very different. They should not share the same name, it's very confusing.

Offline Icte

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 08:41:21 »

KBT Pure Pro: programmable. You can assign a macro to any [Fn]-[Key] or even to any [Key]. Warning: you cannot assign a macro to [Ctrl]-[Key] or [Shift]-[Key] or [Alt]-[Key]. However you can assign a macro to just [Ctrl] or just [Shift] or just [Alt] if you wish or really any [Key] except [Fn] and [Pn]. For example my Right-Shift does [Home] and my Right-Ctrl does [End].

The Pure and Pure Pro are really very different. They should not share the same name, it's very confusing.
I did write KBT Pure Pro.. :P

Offline spiceBar

• ChessTiger.com
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 10:11:25 »

I did write KBT Pure Pro.. :P

I was answering to SpAmRaY.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 15:31:55 »
I heard from Justin Wu, developer of the Tex Beetle, that there would be firmware available, but I do not know when, and I do not know what the firmware will do.

Offline justin.wu

• * Commercial Vendor
  • Less is more
    • TEX
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 22:51:03 »
Hi !!

for now , I have say no , but might later we will release some firmware to upgrade , and we will develop software (or in web site ) , that can programmable standard layer and fn layer :)

Thanks for you question !!

Yes? No? Maybe?
make different

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 18 August 2013, 10:32:02 »
Thanks, Justin! Keep up your excellent work on the magnificent Beetle and new projects that are on your drawing board!

Offline justin.wu

• * Commercial Vendor
  • Less is more
    • TEX
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 18 August 2013, 10:59:16 »
Thanks !!

Maybe 1 month , We will show new keyboard to you guys :)

Thanks, Justin! Keep up your excellent work on the magnificent Beetle and new projects that are on your drawing board!
make different

Offline Icte

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 02:31:09 »
Thanks !!

Maybe 1 month , We will show new keyboard to you guys :)

Woah, Justin Wu replied to my thread! AAAAAWESOME!!