Author Topic: White PBT double shot_red  (Read 13639 times)

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
Re: White PBT double shot_red
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 15:26:45 »
Whether you like it or not, massdrop does GB for these caps: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/vortex-keycaps
39.99?  Is that a mistake?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 15:37:33 »
And most importantly, only blue legends?..  I would really like Red

http://geekhack.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=47177.0;attach=32501;image
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline PilotChup

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 16:47:10 »
MassDrop is only doing blue legends at the moment, this is the first time they have sold these keycaps since vortex announced them over a month ago. And no, the 40$ price tag is NOT A MISTAKE! How the hell can you pass up on these THICK PBT DOUBLESHOTs for that?!?!

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 16:51:58 »
Blue :(  that's how.

Offline Halvar

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 17:03:17 »
Unbearable legends -- that's how.  :-X

The price is great, but I know I wouldn't use them. But I'm sure Vortex will become better in this.

Offline MTManiac

• can't is the cancer of happen
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 17:25:48 »
if they get 100 buyers and it goes to the lowest price of 32.99 with free shipping CONUS I think I will have to buy a set just for the thick pbtness, I mean I don't look at the legends when gaming anyways, so even though they are hideous they don't bother me too much

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 17:30:06 »
MassDrop is only doing blue legends at the moment, this is the first time they have sold these keycaps since vortex announced them over a month ago. And no, the 40$ price tag is NOT A MISTAKE! How the hell can you pass up on these THICK PBT DOUBLESHOTs for that?!?!

i'd prefer blanks to those awful legends.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 21:25:20 »
I like the colour, but the font reminds me too much of the old iMac keyboards at school. :(
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 21:54:45 »
lol I actually do like the blue, though I've never used massdrop before so I might not jump in at this time.

Though we do really need a group buy on it at geekhack.  Also can any Vortex rep give us an estimate on when it will be available?

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline quake4mhg

« Reply #59 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 23:02:27 »
Interested :D

Offline Halvar

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 02:11:56 »
If somebody from the Geekhack community could help them with re-doing some of the legends and choosing a nice light-on-dark color combo that would be brilliant. I'm sure that many here would really like to get their hands on thick PBT doubleshots.

Offline tooki

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 05:19:18 »
I have to agree, this is a beautiful execution of terrible typography. :(

Offline PilotChup

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 13:19:16 »
How come everyone hates on the blue color so much? Sure, I understand the legends being weird, but they aren't THAT bad to me.

I think blue on white looks nice, and I have a backlit blue keyboard so it might look interesting having a blue glow around the keys

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 13:24:57 »
Personal preference, and it's the most boring of the lot.  Also looks kind of hospital-themed to me: pure white + blue.  Red looks much nicer, pink and orange are cool and very uncommon, as is green. 

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 13:25:24 »
Perhaps it is not hate, but a passionate love for perfection. ;)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 17:33:15 »
If only the modifiers were WoB people might react slightly differently.

If the above, and the legends were more consistent, it would be instant win!

Edit: That's White on Blue in case anyone was wondering.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 September 2013, 20:53:06 by rowdy »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 11:20:52 »
Legends be damned, it's too good of a price to pass up; I've still got keyboards with ABS on 'em at work and I don't want to throw down $80+ on more thick PBT for a work keyboard. Hopefully the success of this buy at MD will encourage Vortex to offer other colors (and maybe rework the legends down the line). If they fixed the font / alignment and offered some of the color schemes people want, I'd bet Vortex wouldn't be able to keep these in stock.
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline redskull

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 11:52:08 »
Legends be damned, it's too good of a price to pass up; I've still got keyboards with ABS on 'em at work and I don't want to throw down $80+ on more thick PBT for a work keyboard. Hopefully the success of this buy at MD will encourage Vortex to offer other colors (and maybe rework the legends down the line). If they fixed the font / alignment and offered some of the color schemes people want, I'd bet Vortex wouldn't be able to keep these in stock.
if you search for ' ikbc ' on taobao.com, you will find a fullkey keyboard with a white on black double-shot thick pbt, with free gifts of rgb thick mods, full white thick double-shot pbts with font color of your choosing. example;

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.46.eLnbMQ&id=19491629419&initiative_new=1

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 13:20:44 »
if you search for ' ikbc ' on taobao.com, you will find a fullkey keyboard with a white on black double-shot thick pbt, with free gifts of rgb thick mods, full white thick double-shot pbts with font color of your choosing. example;

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.46.eLnbMQ&id=19491629419&initiative_new=1

Dang, that's a pretty sweet deal! I've never purchased from a Chinese site like that - do you typically use a proxy or something to make the order & arrange shipping? I suppose I could enlist the help of my flatmate for translation... :D
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline bahamot

• bistropolis - dine with style
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 13:21:51 »
Dang, that's a pretty sweet deal! I've never purchased from a Chinese site like that - do you typically use a proxy or something to make the order & arrange shipping? I suppose I could enlist the help of my flatmate for translation... :D

Can try to ask qtan bout it.

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline redskull

« Reply #70 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 14:36:16 »

im in Malaysia, and there are a few people doing proxy services for shopping on taobao and some other online websites. all we have to is let them know what we want, they calculate, we pay them and wait for the item(s) to arrive. of course, cost varies from one to another and also depending on customs tax, etc.