Author Topic: DILBERT  (Read 1550 times)

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
DILBERT
« on: Sat, 24 August 2013, 19:04:00 »
ALRIGHT, THIS IS A GEEKY FORUM SO THERE'S GOT TO BE SOME DILBERT READERS ON HERE SOMEPLACE. ANYBODY HERE FOLLOW THE DILBERT COMIC STRIP?
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: DILBERT
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 24 August 2013, 19:06:58 »
I start every morning with Dilbert, Family Circus, and a cup of Folgers Crystals.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 24 August 2013, 19:33:44 »
Whoa.. I haven't read Dilbert in years. I used to read it every day.
🍉

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 24 August 2013, 20:45:49 »
Yes!

And I have posted a few links around here when they were especially relevant.

As well as taking a few links in to work where so many Dilbert strips are just sooo relevant to our situation at work sometimes.

We so had a Wally, but he left a while ago.

Our boss is just so much like the Pointy-Haired Boss it is not funny.

I'm kinda a Dilbert, as is one of the other guys there.

And we've got a guy who is a bit of an Asok, albeit from a different country.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 17:37:00 »
The best Dilbert comics are the modified ones featured in a Leisure Town strip.
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 17:37:45 »
ALRIGHT, THIS IS A GEEKY FORUM SO THERE'S GOT TO BE SOME DILBERT READERS ON HERE SOMEPLACE. ANYBODY HERE FOLLOW THE DILBERT COMIC STRIP?

11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 18:20:45 »
Every day reader here.  I also follow his blog.  Great stuff and I agree with a lot his viewpoints in general.  I also have read a couple of his books.  I enjoy his sense of humor.  I admire his ability to take mundane, everyday situations and turn them into something humorous.  He has some classic quotes that are so true they aren't even funny, just incredibly accurate and astute.

I am slowly turning into Wally, because I live by a belief of little to no emotional investment in my job, and I look for ways to not work and be honest about it.  I call them side projects.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 18:47:11 »
I used to follow the animated podcasts too, but they stopped a while ago.

Anyone know anything about those?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 19:02:04 »
Where do you all read them?

I used to read them when working in a library like 6 years ago, but well that was 6 years ago... That thing is so damn good!
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 19:17:40 »
I read on the website, Dilbert.com.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 21:00:45 »
I too read on the website.

Offline Obakemono

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 18:45:32 »
Every day reader here!

I start every morning reading Dilbert, when i'm still in bed on my phone  :p

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 19:18:37 »
I had the DILBERT desk calender on my desk at my previous job.  Every time I came to a comic featuring Wally, I pinned it to the wall of my cubicle.  Needless to say, I pretty much wallpapered my entire cubicle with DILBERT comics. 
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 11:36:10 »
I THINK A CHARACTER NAMED "WALLY" WOULD BE A GOOD CHOICE FOR "WALL" PAPER.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS